Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

General Assembly 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post alternative deltaman
or we could elect Denny M as GO and let him do a clean sweep!!! Member
9/11/15 9:46 pm

Post StandardAnswer
EC
GO -Hill
1st -Culpepper
2nd -K. Wallace
3rd -J. Childers
Sg-T. Propes

Youth
Blair
Bailey

World Missions
Griffis
Ramirez
9/13/15 11:54 pm

Post Late comer to the conversation 4thgeneration
FellowSoldier wrote:
SouthGeorgiaBoy wrote:
FellowSoldier wrote:
Does it really matter? Will it affect the church? Is it just time to rotate the musical chairs? And I hate to ask but; wouldn't the money we spend on rotating them chairs, and sneaking off to Sea World, Disney World and who knows where else while we should be in the meetings better be spent for the Kingdom on the missions field? Have fun guys! I think I will save my church the money!

Maybe your church members feel the same way about the way you do things in your local church. Maybe they can find something better to do when you have special events and services. You reap what you sow.

My church members have a real say in what we do, and we try and focus on what benefits the kingdom, not the church or political system. Can someone tell me what great kingdom shaking event took place in 2014? Sorry I wasn't there, but we took the money that we would have spent going and put it in a Central American mission effort. Only about a thousand people saved and hundreds filled with the Spirit. I understand how that pales in comparison to some of those powerful resolutions that were passed.

I was recently in a meeting where one of the lawyers for a firm that represents churches, etc in lawsuits concerning religious rights was speaking about the trends concerning same sex marriage and the LGBT agenda. Numerous times he referenced resolutions and statements in our minutes which give us the backing to refuse involvement in same sex marriages. He spoke of how important it is that we have those definitive statements and requirements as a protective covering for pastors and churches in our denomination. Over and over he commented to how proud he was to be COG and part of a denomination that has been thinking ahead and preparing for this battle to move into our churches.
And where is it that such "powerful resolutions" and other such protective measures are presented, discussed, and passed? Oh yeah, the General Assembly. A thousand saved and hundreds filled with the Spirit is no doubt a great harvest for your investment. But someone must guard the house and protect the sheep already in the fold. It isn't as glamorous as the evangelistic crusade, but the day is coming when every COG pastor will be extremely thankful for those "powerful resolutions" and measures which provide us ecumenical and legal covering.
Acts Enthusiast
9/14/15 2:10 pm

Post Re: Latest heard in AL Could It Be True
BromptonFalls wrote:
Williams to North Cleveland

Dr. Williams will go to the Theological Seminary. RLV was just a 2-year place-holder.
9/20/15 9:45 am

Post Exec Comte patrick_henry
I will NOT vote for Propes or Stephens. It is my opinion that they do not need to be In EC leadership.

Raymond Culpepper for GO
Tim Hill for 1st
9/21/15 1:50 pm

Post Re: Exec Comte Quiet Wyatt
Delete

Last edited by Quiet Wyatt on 9/21/15 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/21/15 2:17 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Agreed.

I think it is in order to say who you will or will not vote for.

And if you can give factual info for why - that would be in order.

Not this stuff.
9/21/15 3:06 pm

Post More views JLarry
This thread has received 10X more views than any other thread on the front page.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
9/30/15 9:20 am

Post Re: More views diakoneo
JLarry wrote:
This thread has received 10X more views than any other thread on the front page.

Yes, but it has been on the board since April.
Shocked

That is a long time to talk about something that is STILL months away.

And the subject has strayed A LOT from time to time Twisted Evil
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
10/1/15 7:25 am

Post diakoneo
Here is my prediction by the way:

Tim Hill G.O.
and many of the other names mentioned on here scattered hither and thither beneath. Smile
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
10/1/15 7:28 am

Post Re: More views Clint Wills
diakoneo wrote:
JLarry wrote:

Shocked

And here's a new subject for the thread...when are we going to go ahead and start electing our state overseers from the pastors in the state?
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/1/15 11:42 am

Post Re: More views caveator
Clint Wills wrote:
diakoneo wrote:
JLarry wrote:

Shocked

And here's a new subject for the thread...when are we going to go ahead and start electing our state overseers from the pastors in the state?

When we decide that we need more cronyism and political posturing than we have ever experienced.
Acts-celerater
10/5/15 8:35 pm

Post Electing State Overseers spartanfan
I don't think so. See appropriate thread. Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
10/6/15 6:30 am

Post predictions radical and revolutionary deltaman
G.O. Jim Stevens

1st Asst - Cutshall
2nd Asst - Isaacs
3rd Asst - Tony Stewart
Sec Gen - Kevin Wallace

Youth - Moree
Asst Youth - M. Propes

World Missions - Ken Anderson
Asst World Missions - Grant McClung

Tim Hill to Day Star TV
Griffiths to pastor in Georgia
Propes to State Overseer
Childers to World Evangelist
Sibley to retire
10/8/15 8:24 am

Post 2016 predictions ... radical and revolutionary deltaman
G.O. Jim Stevens (closest to Mark Williams personality and style of ministry)

1st Asst - Cutshall
2nd Asst - Isaacs
3rd Asst - Tony Stewart
Sec Gen - Kevin Wallace

Youth - Moree
Asst Youth - M. Propes

World Missions - Ken Anderson
Asst World Missions - Grant McClung

Tim Hill to Day Star TV
Griffiths to pastor in Georgia
Propes to State Overseer
Childers to World Evangelist
Sibley to retire
10/8/15 8:37 am

Post Assembly 2016 Wayne1
After giving it some deep thought since my originial post, I would like to add these additional changes.

General Overseer Tim Hill

First Asst. Raymond Culpeppeer

Second Asst. Bill Issacs

Third Asst. John Childers

General Sec. Mike Baker

World Missions Director Mitch Maloney

Asst Director Tom Propes

Youth Director David Blair

Asst Director Rob Bailey
10/8/15 5:57 pm

Post GO Must be preacher devil disturber
Jim Stephens is as good a man as it gets. He is ethical and a team player, however he is not a good preacher. I had not heard him preach in years until he was elected to the committee and it was poor. It was disorganized and not well executed. Every GO in my memory were excellent communicators. In the COG one must be able to preach to lead (IMHO). The weakest GO in regard to preaching was E.C. Thomas. He had great business ability but not a great preacher. But all the rest were exceptional preachers.
Also, Jim is a great team member but I have not seen strong leadership qualities from him. This is not an attack at all but an opinion. If he was elected GO I would not be upset, just might miss the night he preaches at Campmeeting.
11/19/15 10:02 am

Post Re: GO Must be preacher Cojak
devil disturber wrote:
Jim Stephens is as good a man as it gets. He is ethical and a team player, however he is not a good preacher. I had not heard him preach in years until he was elected to the committee and it was poor. It was disorganized and not well executed. Every GO in my memory were excellent communicators. In the COG one must be able to preach to lead (IMHO). The weakest GO in regard to preaching was E.C. Thomas. He had great business ability but not a great preacher. But all the rest were exceptional preachers.
Also, Jim is a great team member but I have not seen strong leadership qualities from him. This is not an attack at all but an opinion. If he was elected GO I would not be upset, just might miss the night he preaches at Campmeeting.

I agree with the opinion of EC's seaking ability, but a 'Lovable, understanding' leader.
Yeah, we make a mistake of interpreting 'Great Preacher' to mean leader. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/19/15 10:38 am

Post 2016 EC Revised
Hill - G.O.
R. Culpepper-1st
J. Childer - 2nd
T. Propes - 3rd
J. Stephens-Sec Gen
Hey, DOC
11/20/15 11:42 pm

Post Re: GO Must be preacher Jason Isaacs
devil disturber wrote:

Everyone is free to share their opinions, but in my opinion this is such a cowardly thing to post under a fake name. It costs you nothing to demean a man who has given his life to building the GOG. I'm not sure if you are a preacher, but if you are, you know that comments made about a preachers preaching wound us at the deepest levels. I know Bro. Stevens reads this site, I'm sure this post stung. It hurts me he had to read something personal from a coward.

Jason
Friendly Face
11/21/15 11:15 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic