Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

A belated testimony of a miracle in my life!!

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post A belated testimony of a miracle in my life!! Resident Skeptic
I have not had a moment until now to talk about the miracle God has done in my life. The names of cities will be changed in this story for personal reasons, though a few of you know the details already.

Most on here already know that the last five years have been rough financially for us. Owning 5 acres without the proper means to maintain them has been very frustrating. No viable job opportunities have come my way after exhaustive searches. So we have decided it is time to sell. But what’s next? Where will we go? I hate to leave without having secured employment somewhere else.

I lived in Happyville (about 90 minutes away)from 1966 until we moved to P-nutville in 2010 when we inherited my mom’s place. The only exception was 1984-88 when I was at JSBC in Baton Rouge. I would love to move to Baton Rouge again, in God’s timing.

Though most of my friends are still there, I have never missed Happyville particularly nor have I wanted to return there. But back in August I started getting this feeling we would be returning to Happyville.

One friend of mine in the Happyville area owns a trucking company that delivers wholesale flowers to retailers all over the State. He and I used to work together doing the same type of work for another company. I called him in August to see if perhaps he had any openings. He replied that he did not at that time. I shrugged it off and moved on.

This school year has been the slowest one I’ve ever experienced as a sub. I’ve worked only 8 days so far. Very unusual.

Then about two weeks ago, out of the blue, I received a check for $12,500 from Sun Trust mortgage explaining that they had unlawfully declined my application for a loan modification in 2009, and had also made an unlawful credit report. Us being turned down for that loan modification was one of the main reasons we decided to sell our home and leave Happyville. This was a very unexpected blessing. Then around the same time I was offered a job about an hour from here supervising parental visits for parents in trouble with DCF. The pay was horrible and the hours would completely prevent me from picking up my daughter from school. Our remote location has always made it difficult finding someone we could pay to bring her home from school if I get a job that prevents me from picking her up. Plus we have just one car.

Then, last Wednesday my friend from Happyville called me. Someone had just turned in their two week notice and he asked me to come work for him! So we are preparing to move back to Happyville after all! How long we will stay, I do not know. But having some normalcy in our lives again will be quite refreshing. The money we received from Suntrust will certainly make the move much easier.

I have only one area of concern……church attendance. I have no desire to return to the church I attended in Happyville the last 17 years I lived there. For one, I have become accustomed to only one service on Sunday. The church in Happyville has two services and it is not one of those churches you can just decide to opt out of Sunday night and expect to participate in any real sense. But even beyond that, I’m done putting myself in a position where I’m expected to “ask permission” to hold a Bible study in my home that would be unrelated to that church. Nor am I going to surrender the liberty to start a needed Spanish work if God tells me to and have to wait for a man who has not been my pastor for 5 years to say it’s OK.

I have nothing against the pastor of that church. We are friends. He is moral, ethical and preaches a pure word. But my philosophy has evolved to a place where I know I’d be miserable in that setting. I have no problem letting my kids partake in activities there ,and I will strive to maintain the friendships I have there. But I am not seeking any position of leadership in that assembly. I do not subscribe to this idea that the minute I drive with my family across the city limit line, that I am entering the turf of the local Pentecostal kingpin and am under his authority.

Though she completely agrees with me, my wife is a bit apprehensive about all of this. She is concerned that we will face rejection when it is realized our move back to Happyville does not include returning to the spiritual rut. Your prayers are appreciated.
9/30/15 5:15 pm

Post Cojak
Good post my friend, I even understand the position you take about the former church. Stick to your guns there.
May God be with you and Bless you on your move. Let me know if you want to sell the 5 acres in P-nutville! Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/30/15 10:31 pm

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
I even understand the position you take about the former church. Stick to your guns there

ditto

Glad things are looking up for you.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/1/15 8:46 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic