Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Teacher at Chrisitan school dropped the F bomb on FB?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Teacher at Chrisitan school dropped the F bomb on FB? Resident Skeptic
This morning a 2nd grade teacher at the Christian school my daughter attends shared a satire photo to her FB wall that included allot of use of the F word. The satire poked fun at people who would be concerned at her use of the F word.

Assuming her account had been hacked I contacted her to let her know. She answered me assuring me that she had indeed shared that photo.

I respectfully urged her to remove it as it would not go over well with parents, nor with the school administration.

This is a mature Christian lady in her mid 50's.

I let her know that I did not plan on saying anything to the school administration, so if something is said I was not the one who told on her.

I am stunned by this. Please pray for this lady. She was my daughter's 4th grade teacher last year. She moved here from Chicago and had a bit of a time adjusting her style to small town southern culture. I felt a real burden for her and was one of her biggest encouragers and defenders. I'd hate to see her get fired. Obviously something is amiss here.
9/28/15 8:47 am

Post Cojak
I am never surprised at the use of the word. It is becoming common among many office workers and the youth. It will be common place and accepted within 15-20 years within the religious community including Pentecostals. , sadly. Sad IMHO

In this case I do hope the lady takes it down and it does not effect her job. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/28/15 11:00 am

Post JLarry
Quote:
I am never surprised at the use of the word. It is becoming common among many office workers and the youth. It will be common place and accepted within 15-20 years within the religious community including Pentecostals. , sadly. Sad IMHO

In this case I do hope the lady takes it down and it does not effect her job. Cool

Cojak I would imagine you remember when the word "screw" was just as bad. Now I hear preachers using it in sermons. I suppose I am just to old for this society, I would never use that word in a sermon. My mother would spank my bottom.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
9/28/15 2:24 pm

Post Re: Teacher at Chrisitan school dropped the F bomb on FB? Link
Resident Skeptic wrote:

I am stunned by this. Please pray for this lady. She was my daughter's 4th grade teacher last year. She moved here from Chicago and had a bit of a time adjusting her style to small town southern culture. I felt a real burden for her and was one of her biggest encouragers and defenders. I'd hate to see her get fired. Obviously something is amiss here.

I had a relatively young professor who grew up in Europe and said he didn't know feet and inches. But he sounded totally American. His mom was from Chicago. And this guy would use the f-word like it was going out of style in class, to a class of about half females. I was used to dignified old professors apologizing after they used the word 'Hell'. I wondered if he got his vocabulary from his mom from Chicago or from watching the comedians he quoted in class.

Last edited by Link on 9/28/15 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-perienced Poster
9/28/15 2:28 pm

Post Re: Teacher at Chrisitan school dropped the F bomb on FB? Old Time Country Preacher
Resident Skeptic wrote:
She moved here from Chicago and had a bit of a time adjusting her style to small town southern culture.

Somebody mighta hacked her FB account.

Fergive me fer this, an I hope I don't git banned, but I know who you are now RS.

You a preacher what lives in a small town in the south.
Acts-pert Poster
9/28/15 2:28 pm

Post Resident... Aaron Scott
Maybe you should report her.

Second, many years ago, I went to Boston with my uncle. I heard the F-word more in one day than, I suppose, I had heard in all my life. That is indeed a cultural difference. To THEM, it's about like us saying the s-word, I suppose (we shouldn't even say that, but most of us take it as a lesser issue than the f-bomb).

That being being said, the word "bloody" is apparently the equivalent of the F-bomb if you are in England.

So while we perhaps shouldn't get too uptight due to cultural differences, a CHRISTIAN TEACHER has no business with that on her FB.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/28/15 3:06 pm

Post Re: Resident... Resident Skeptic
Aaron Scott wrote:
Maybe you should report her.

Second, many years ago, I went to Boston with my uncle. I heard the F-word more in one day than, I suppose, I had heard in all my life. That is indeed a cultural difference. To THEM, it's about like us saying the s-word, I suppose (we shouldn't even say that, but most of us take it as a lesser issue than the f-bomb).

That being being said, the word "bloody" is apparently the equivalent of the F-bomb if you are in England.

So while we perhaps shouldn't get too uptight due to cultural differences, a CHRISTIAN TEACHER has no business with that on her FB.

So far she has not responded to the admonishment I sent to her FB private messages. I wonder if she is trying to get fired.
9/28/15 3:55 pm

Post John Jett
Sadly, the word Chicago and the F-- bomb pretty much explains it all. What a sewer. My brother-in-law lives just outside of it, I like the Navy Peer, that is the extent of my "likes" about that town. Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
9/28/15 4:45 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic