Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

What do you call it when you pray stuff you don't know about people?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post What do you call it when you pray stuff you don't know about people? Link
What do you call it when you pray for someone, and you pray about needs that they haven't shared with you? I usually put that in the 'word of knowledge' category. But when it first started happening, I didn't even know it was happening until the people told me. I didn't 'know' necessarily about the people, but just went with the flow and prayed it. Is it more of a prophecy thing?
9/25/15 6:30 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
I would call that a word of knowledge. You are not telling them what is going to happen, you are just aware of something that is already happening. I experience that as well and find great comfort in it. You know the Lord is there when you suddenly know something you had no way of knowing. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/25/15 6:32 pm

Post JLarry
I also have had that experience.

However would not call it a "Word of Knowledge" unless you actually give some a "Word".

If I am praying and the Lord leads me to pray for a particular person then later find out the person was in trouble, I would simply say; "the Lord lead me to pray for John Doe".

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
9/26/15 12:55 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
JLarry wrote:
If I am praying and the Lord leads me to pray for a particular person then later find out the person was in trouble, I would simply say; "the Lord lead me to pray for John Doe".

Agreed. That's the leading of the Spirit for sure, but I wouldn't call it a word of knowledge.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/26/15 1:38 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic