Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

highway (paintball) shooting

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post highway (paintball) shooting bonnie knox
Last night, my son and I were coming home after an out-of-town visit. As I was driving along, we heard a loud whack against the car. I couldn't really imagine what it could have been unless someone had thrown a rock at my car. (No deer spotted, too dark for birds/too loud to have been a bird, not a missing piece off the car because the car was running fine and the sound seemed to have been outside, not in the tire well, and yes, Bonnie, it is a very good idea to resist any impulse to go confront someone in the dark who is throwing rocks at cars.) When we got home about 10 minutes later, we inspected the side of the car hoping if there were a new ding amongst all the hail damage from last April's hailstorm, it would have a distinctive look. There on my driver-side door was a light blue splatter. My son said it looked like a paintball splatter. I reported it to the sheriff's department. I did consider what might have happened if the shot had been a little higher up--our windows were partially opened. A deputy promised to come out after answering another call. I gave my street name and house number and said, "I'll be here, and I'll leave the porch light on." Even with that said, the deputy got mixed up and went to the neighbor's house first. The houses on one side of our street have sequential even numbers; the houses on the other side have sequential odd numbers. Most mailboxes have numbers. I don't think any of the neighbors had a porch light on. Needless to say, I don't have too much confidence in the investigative skills of the deputy. On the other hand, maybe it will just take a little persistence. After all, the deputy did ultimately get to the right house. I was just telling the deputy that I was certain I was a random victim because no one could have known I was going to be on that road at that time, when a second call came in over the radio. Someone else had reported the same kind of incident in the same area.
Someone was up to no good.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/20/15 2:42 pm

Post Cojak
Glad it was no worse, but that is disconcerting, ANYTHING thrown at a car had a possibility to do damage and harm. There are lots of situations one could dream up, you must has already thought of a few i.e., had it been just a little higher!

Good to report it anyway... Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/20/15 5:41 pm

Post Paint Ball Shooting Pastors Friend
Several years ago, I was working on a college campus in the Atlanta area. I was standing by my truck when I felt a sting on my leg. I looked down and had been hit by a paint ball. It happened about 4 times that day while on campus. I reported it to campus police, but nothing happened. They said they knew there were several guys on campus that had paint ball guns. However, suppose it had been a real gun. I could have easily been maimed for life or worse. It is a weird feeling knowing you were targeted even by a paint ball gun.

PF
9/21/15 6:29 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic