Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Church Copyright Predators

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Church Copyright Predators Da Sheik
Do you guys get bombarded with e-mails from these people trying to scare you about Christian songwriters going after churches for copyright infractions?

We do things legally at our church with the CCLI but I just wonder how widespread the litigation against churches actually is. To hear these guys you would think pastors were being drug into prison on a weekly basis for playing Chris Tomlin songs without authorization.
Acts Enthusiast
9/17/15 3:31 pm

Post Cojak
This proves churches should use the Red Back Hymnal as ordered in the OT i.e. David dancing nekkid to the music of 'Power in the Blood', and the Convention books as used in the jail break of Paul and Silas in the New Testament, i.e. "All the Heroes Will Be There on That Day" by Vep!

All you need is those and older copies of the convention book just in case an OLD evangelist comes that do not know the New Convention Book is out yet!

We still have the convention book, right? Confused Embarassed

But it is a good discussion topic my Friend. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/17/15 4:02 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Cojak wrote:
David dancing nekkid to the music of 'Power in the Blood'.

David was not nekkid, Cojak. That story was started by Saul's lyin daughter Michal, an she was barren the rest a her life cause of it. When David marched into Jerusalem rejoicing over the return of the Ark of the Covenant, he was wearin a black 3-piece suit (vest an all), white shirt, a thin necktie, an black wingtip shoes. He WAS NOT nekkid.
Acts-pert Poster
9/17/15 6:27 pm

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
black 3-piece suit (vest an all),

I always did wonder what ephod meant. And I see tha word "vesture" has at little word "vest" right thair in it.
Ole Timer, I'd say ya made a revelatory post, but I got a sneakin suspicion David was a holiness feller and didn't wair one a them ties around his neck what ain't nothing but a chokin rattlesnake.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/17/15 8:36 pm

Post Re: Church Copyright Predators Link
Da Sheik wrote:
Do you guys get bombarded with e-mails from these people trying to scare you about Christian songwriters going after churches for copyright infractions?

We do things legally at our church with the CCLI but I just wonder how widespread the litigation against churches actually is. To hear these guys you would think pastors were being drug into prison on a weekly basis for playing Chris Tomlin songs without authorization.

The Bill of Rights was added after the parts of the constitution that allow congress to regulate this sort of thing, right?

I'm surprised no judge had decided yet that copyright laws don't apply to people signing in a worship service if it isn't recorded for commercial purposes. That would be a very straightforward, common sense way of interpreting it. Freedom to sing praises to God is part of the 'free exercise' of religion.

What kind of Christian song writer would want to extract money from a church for praising God and would threaten to sue if they did not?
9/17/15 8:40 pm

Post Re: Church Copyright Predators Old Time Country Preacher
Da Sheik wrote:

Sheik,

At Pikeville, we got membership with CCLI for lyrics an CCVI for videos. Long as y0u aint recordin other folks songs, sellin em and makin a profit you oughtta bee good to go..............
Acts-pert Poster
9/18/15 1:08 am

Post Re: Church Copyright Predators Cojak
Link wrote:
Da Sheik wrote:

What kind of Christian song writer would want to extract money from a church for praising God and would threaten to sue if they did not?

I think that is the feelings of most Church-goers. But today the music is considered by many as 'preaching or spreading the Gospel', and you know preacher's are paid many times for preaching........................ BUT, but in fact some preacher's pay to preach, come to think of it. Smile

I am sure the song writer would not be the one bringing a suit, but his/her publisher. The the Writer has an 'out' for responsibility to clear the conscience, sorta like the politicians of today. Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/18/15 8:37 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic