Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

CNN Debate

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post CNN Debate Nature Boy Florida
I thought it was better than Fox Debate.

While they tried some silly gotcha questions and brought up supposed insults - they often let the candidates go off on their own tangents and let each candidate respond.

I liked it.
9/17/15 7:41 am

Post CNN Debate deltaman
Thought it was too long. Was not impressed by CNN using Trump as the lightening rod and trying to get the candidates in a fight with one another. Not many questions that dealt with substance or opportunity for real response. Member
9/17/15 7:51 am

Post caveator
I thought the entire debate was terrible. It was obvious that CNN was asking "got you" questions to stir up ratings. It seemed that most of their questions were, "They said this about you. How do you respond to that?" I would have much more liked to have seen an opportunity for the candidates to respond to substantive questions.

While this type of personal attacking, child like jabbing should have played into Trump's style of just attacking everyone without offering solutions, he actually came out of the debate looking as stupid as he really is. That made it a good debate.
Acts-celerater
9/17/15 7:52 am

Post My thoughts exactly! excellentposter
caveator wrote:
While this type of personal attacking, child like jabbing should have played into Trump's style of just attacking everyone without offering solutions, he actually came out of the debate looking as stupid as he really is. That made it a good debate.

One has to go on blind faith to ever vote for Trump. A lot of mouth, no solutions or plans!
Friendly Face
9/17/15 9:54 am

Post c6thplayer1
The polls will be interesting after this. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/17/15 10:22 am

Post Re: My thoughts exactly! John Jett
excellentposter wrote:
caveator wrote:

One has to go on blind faith to ever vote for Trump. A lot of mouth, no solutions or plans!

I agree. Trump may have lost me last night. He won me with the rhetoric, now I'm ready for the substance and just didn't see any. I thought Carly was incredible, poised, smart, quick and decisive. HP was a mess when she got there, it was during the dot-com-bubble days so I think she's a scape-goat. I think Trump has more to answer for with dubious business dealings than Fiorina does. And nearly everything that Trump has been saying as far as winning deals, making changes, etc... I think Carly actually has a plan for, not just lip service like "The Donald". I'd still take him over Christie/Bush/Rubio at this point, but not over Fiorina/Walker/Cruz/Huckabee
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
9/17/15 10:38 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Carly had the gaffe of the night when she said immigration would have been at the forefront without Trump.

Absolutely untrue.
9/17/15 12:22 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Carly had the gaffe of the night when she said immigration would have been at the forefront without Trump.

Absolutely untrue.

She also was clueless as to the 14th Amendment.
9/17/15 12:38 pm

Post Cojak
c6thplayer1 wrote:
The polls will be interesting after this.

Yes, me too. I could not watch, no cable here, but I tried to catch stuff on the news, but that comes across silly at times because you have no context.

I look for ward to seeing the polls my self. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/17/15 2:07 pm

Post caveator

Absolutely untrue.

She was absolutely correct. Immigration has been a major subject of debate during the last three election cycles. Rubio, Bush, Perry, and Cruz were talking about it heavily before Trump ever announced. Somebody is drinking Trump koolaide!
Acts-celerater
9/17/15 8:22 pm

Post John Jett
caveator wrote:

Absolutely untrue.

She was absolutely correct. Immigration has been a major subject of debate during the last three election cycles. Rubio, Bush, Perry, and Cruz were talking about it heavily before Trump ever announced. Somebody is drinking Trump koolaide!

Agreed. NBF you're way off here, that's what Trump said but it has been a big topic for a long time, especially for Cruz.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
9/17/15 11:23 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
John Jett wrote:
caveator wrote:

Absolutely untrue.

Agreed. NBF you're way off here, that's what Trump said but it has been a big topic for a long time, especially for Cruz.

Wrong guys.

We are talking about previous elections...and talking about the MAIN emphasis Trump has made it.

Perhaps immigration has come up years ago - but only in the context of "How fast can we grant de facto amnesty to 30 million illegals". Oh, and we will build a wall to keep out anyone else. <wink wink>

If anyone r4eally wanted to stop illegal immigration - they have always been derided as not understanding the world correctly. You guys think McCain or Romney or Obama truly discussed stopping illegal immigration - not hardly.

And it sure has not a centerpiece of any discussion since Pat Buchanan...who was just as marginal as Cruz has been.

Trump truly wants to control our immigration...otherwise we really don't have a country.
9/18/15 8:18 am

Post Cojak
I will say YES immigration would have been an agenda without Trump, but NOT WITH THE STRAIGHT FORWARD MESSAGE that many citizens have, or agree with..

His bomb-bastic approach brought it in, but with an angle NO politician has ever used. Good or bad? We will learn when the elections take place. Confused
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/18/15 8:20 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic