Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Dr. Judy Jacobs Tuttle

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Dr. Judy Jacobs Tuttle Nature Boy Florida
Just saw Dr. Judy was awarded an honorary doctorate.

Old Timer - that is your cue....
9/14/15 2:54 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Good for her. I just looked on her Facebook page and there's no mention of it. Acts-pert Poster
9/14/15 3:58 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
What is the ole timer sposed to say, NB? Acts-pert Poster
9/14/15 4:10 pm

Post dolfan
https://instagram.com/p/7nvS4oLFgk/

As a husband, he should acknowledge and congratulate and laud her. I would.
9/14/15 4:13 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Good for her. I just looked on her Facebook page and there's no mention of it.

That's funny - that is where I saw it. You must filter it out.

I just wanted to add it to OTCPs list.

As everyone knows - I have no problem with honorary doctorates - it all depends on the institution granting them on whether I would use the title Dr.
9/14/15 4:15 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
I just looked at the first page. Acts-pert Poster
9/14/15 4:20 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Ya beat me to it, NBF! Smile

It was posted about 4 hours ago on Facebook.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/14/15 5:53 pm

Post What's she doing next to Omarosa, Queen of All that is Evil? Aaron Scott
Maybe it's to balance it all out?

In any case, any good thing that comes Judy's way, I'm all for it. She has blessed me so much with her singing, especially back in the day.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/14/15 6:54 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
I tried to look up the accreditation status for Next Dimension University, but apparently it's in The Twilight Zone. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/14/15 7:00 pm

Post Follerin Ma Cue Old Time Country Preacher
In the OP, NBF said this was the ole timer's cue.

In order to remain objective, let's remove the name Judy Jacobs Tuttle from this point forward in the discussion. The ole timer has no desire, agenda, vendetta, purpose or intention to demean, malign or otherwise say anything negative regarding Mrs. Tuttle. Most of us know she is a real good singer. With that disclaimer in place, my comments will focus on honery docterates, Next Dimension University, accreditation, etc.

1. NBF said "everyone knows - I have no problem with honorary doctorates - it all depends on the institution granting them on whether I would use the title Dr." If NBF's statement is true, and if the criterion used by NBF to either address someone as "Dr." or refrain from addressing them as "Dr." is legitimate recognized accreditation, then NBF will not be addressing any recipient of a NDU as "Dr." because the school holds no legitimate accreditation.

2. This is a problem with so many faith-based entities in the US. About half the states in the USA allow for a "religious exemption" status. This means, an individual, small group, local church, etc., can begin a school called School for Hope and Ministry (i.e., SHAM), apply for religious exemption, and if all the degrees offered are religious in nature, SHAM can be granted religious exemption.

3. Members of the associated church can then create and incorporate a legal religious accrediting agency called Fellowship of Religious Accredited Universities and Degrees (FRAUD), an then begin accrediting small religious schools. The US Dept of Ed has listed scores of such unrecognized agencies.

4. So, now, you can have the school (SHAM) accredited by the accreditor (FRAUD). SHAM can then, legally, begin to advertise that they are a "fully accredited institution." Only problem is, git the SHAM degree, try to use it in the real world, an ya quickly find out the FRAUD accreditation is worthless an the utility of the degree is zero. In other words, you one been SHAMMED. An it is these kinda wannabe institutions what often award honery docterates.

This is a multi-million dollar business ever year.
Acts-pert Poster
9/14/15 9:41 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
I need one for my accomplishments too. I ran almost 14 miles today! You think Judy did that? OTCP, do you have any good deals? Acts-pert Poster
9/14/15 9:44 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic