Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

International Assistant Youth Director

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post International Assistant Youth Director cogalltheway
My question is what about DUSTY WILSON? Dusty is the total package. He youth pastored at the church Tim Hill pastored in VA, pastored successfully himself, been a great YD Director, loves that department, raised lots of YWEA money, took FL up a notch, (Lots of International Teen Talent Winners this year!) and is genuine!

Any thoughts?

Last edited by cogalltheway on 9/9/15 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Friendly Face
9/8/15 9:14 pm

Post Re: International Assistant Youth Director Clint Wills
cogalltheway wrote:
Why is everyone talking about the YD in SC as the guy for the Assistant's Job at the General Assembly like its a done deal? Bro Bailey is a fine guy and of that I am sure. I've heard nothing but good things about him.

My question is what about DUSTY WILSON? Dusty is the total package. He youth pastored at the church Tim Hill pastored in VA, pastored successfully himself, been a great YD Director, loves that department, raised lots of YWEA money, took FL up a notch, (Lots of International Teen Talent Winners this year!) and is genuine!

It seems like Cleveland is pushing RB. I'm not voting RB just b/c that's Cleveland's man... I'm thinking Dusty Wilson may deserve a shot! RB is YOUNG and could wait another four years with no problem. He's still in his early 40's. A few more years to season may even help RB.

Any thoughts?

Let see...Jesus was 30...maybe he could have used a little more seasoning before taking on any real leadership. I think not voting for someone just because they "could wait another four years" is ridiculous. I don't know either guy, so this isn't about sticking up for Bailey. I just think that we need to vote in WHOMEVER is most qualified - regardless of age or ability to wait.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/8/15 11:31 pm

Post I agree with Clint! JimmieDavis
This kind of display of ignorance makes you wonder if we ever operate according to God's will. How men can feel good about choosing leaders with this kind of rationale is beyond me. Not one ounce of God in this. Friendly Face
9/9/15 7:06 am

Post wow cogalltheway
I gues you blew my ears back! I was thinking out loud is all. Below is Dusty's achievements, education, ministerial back ground, etc! He's qualified for sure!

His ministerial background includes a vast experience of television ministry on networks such as the P.T.L. Club, 700 Club, 100 Huntley Street, TBN and many other broadcasts including hosting their own 30 minute weekly telecast on Daystar Christian Television. It was in Dallas Texas, while pastoring a leading church, their ministry began to flourish. Over the years Dusty has served the church in various capacities such as: Evangelist, Youth Pastor, Minister of Music, Associate Pastor, Senior Pastor, District Overseer State Youth & C.E. Director (Southern Ohio and Michigan). He has served on numerous boards and committees for the Church of God including the International Youth & Christian Education Board. Presently he serves as a member of the Discipleship Divisional Board and is a member of Who’s Who among American Business Men. Bishop Wilson has shared his dynamic preaching style with a variety of cultures and age groupings from all around the world including Israel, Russia, Mexico, Germany, Portugal, Canada and Trinidad. He holds a Master’s Degree from the Church of God Theological Seminary in Church Leadership and Administration.

He's got an earned Masters Degree, successful on the local level, extensive international travel/ministry background, loves teenagers, excellent administrator, and a great state director! Definitely qualified!
Friendly Face
9/9/15 7:29 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
cogalltheway,

You have listed a bunch of stuff that Dusty has been a part of - but what did he accomplish bigger and greater than other youth pastors or youth directors?

I didn't see any of that in the resume you listed.

I have no dog in this hunt - but when I read resumes to hire someone - I want to know what they ACCOMPLISHED - not a list of things they were a member of - because I have no idea if that membership resulted in growth, quality of product, or other types of increases or gains.

I am sure he has done a lot - but you did not list any of those things that say - "Here is what was accomplished during the time I was the leader...."
except, perhaps,
he did have a 30 minute TV show - that seems different than most - was that youth related - since that is the job you are pushing him for?
9/9/15 7:56 am

Post Here's what I don't get AussieRain
Cogalltheway and I have gone over this before, and I get it, it's ALLOWABLE in the rules of the board, but just like "all things are permissible for me, not all things are beneficial for me," I don't understand why cogalltheway can't just promote Dusty Wilson (who doesnt deserve to be held responsible just because cogalltheway has once again pulled this stunt) and leave it there, why the need to disparage Rob Bailey as the so-called "Cleveland pick" (whatever that is, more accurately - he's South Carolina's pick).

So let's just add Rob Bailey to the list with Bishop Propes and others that cogalltheway wants to hit-and-run in order to promote someone else. I may be alone, but I don't think that's the way we as brothers and sisters in Christ should act.
Friendly Face
9/9/15 8:08 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
I can agree with that Aussie.

I just wanted to point out that Dusty - as qualified as he is - would never post the lame resume cogalltheway posted - as it didn't actually spell out his actual accomplishments.

What cogalltheway posted was virtually meaningless.
9/9/15 8:18 am

Post Aussie, cogalltheway
How about I remove RB and just leave the DW stuff. I NEVER said anything negative about RB in my previous posts so don't make it about that. I will however remove anything about him if that makes you feel better. Friendly Face
9/9/15 9:40 am

Post Yes AussieRain
Yes that is better. And you did in fact say that RB was "Cleveland's pick" and suggested he could use more seasoning because he's younger. Those are thinly veiled disparaging remarks. If you don't see it that way, we can agree to disagree.

But as far as your edit, yes, imo, that is a great way to promote Dusty Wilson without hitting at someone else.
Friendly Face
9/9/15 10:00 am

Post Rob Bailey BromptonFalls
My pick for assistant youth director hands down is Rob Bailey. I don't know anything about "cleveland pick" or if that's even a thing?

When I was a volunteer youth pastor in Alabama he was the president of AYLA and was a youth pastor at a big church in Birmingham. He was always willing to spend time with me mentoring me and pouring into me when nobody else even knew who I was. He was known for spending time with the newbies and being a combination of cutting edge and compassion! One year when I was unable to afford to go to NYLA he paid for me and one other volunteer youth pastor to go out of his pocket and even paid for our food.

I was told that he has broken records in YWEA, Teen Talent, and youth camp in every state he has served in as a state youth & c.e. director. If you follow him on social media, you'll find that he is always having youth pastors and children's pastors over to his house and giving away free curriculum to small churches.

There are a lot of good guys serving as youth directors right now. But in my opinion Bro. Rob is the man for the job.
9/9/15 11:04 am

Post Re: Yes cogalltheway
AussieRain wrote:
Yes that is better. And you did in fact say that RB was "Cleveland's pick" and suggested he could use more seasoning because he's younger. Those are thinly veiled disparaging remarks. If you don't see it that way, we can agree to disagree.

But as far as your edit, yes, imo, that is a great way to promote Dusty Wilson without hitting at someone else.

We will agree to disagree because I also said that I've heard nothing but good things and never said "Cleveland's pick". I said "it seems" like he's their man. Anyway, glad your happy now.
Friendly Face
9/9/15 11:18 am

Post Re: wow Old Time Country Preacher
cogalltheway wrote:
He holds a Master’s Degree from the Church of God Theological Seminary in Church Leadership and Administration. He's got an earned Masters Degree!

Whew, I'm glad ya stopped right air cogalltheway.

Son, fer a minute there I thought you was gonna keep goin an say he had either a honery doctorate or one a them unaccredited, life experience or fake docterates, which woulda put a question mark on all the listin a good stuff you was sayin.
Acts-pert Poster
9/9/15 2:14 pm

Post let's add clevelandCOG
Brian Yaun to the list Very Happy Member
9/11/15 1:29 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic