Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

A Request for the new Mississippi AB Chris Moody
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post A Request for the new Mississippi AB Chris Moody Old Time Country Preacher
Hey, Chris, congratulations on ya appointment as the new AB a Mississippi. Now you know that ya first priority is to the folk here on Actscelerate. So the ole timer wanted to be the first one to ask fer a church.

Momma has always liked Elvis' sangin an all, an we been here in Pikeville, KY, fer a heap a years. Can ya work it out where me an momma can move to Tupelo an pastor in the area of Elvis' birthplace? I don't want to plant a church, I want one with a fairly new parsonage (no mortgage), a real nice church facility (no mortgage), several staff that can do all the visitin an all, full salary, insurance, SS, travelin expenses, clothing allotment fer momma's General Assembly dresses/undies, etc., so basically all the ole timer will have to do is preach, pray an prophesy truth.

Hey, I'll give ya few days to git settled in while me an momma packs. You know ma phone number so just give me a call. I appreciate ya workin it out fer the ole timer, can't wait to git there. Cool
Acts-pert Poster
9/3/15 9:25 am

Post Cojak
Didn't someone just post about a Brown noser. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

YOu beat me to it, he hasn't read my e-mail yet. I have also sent him a box of chocolates and a set of left handed golf clubs.

All in all, I sure wish the man the best.... The Mississippi Folks are blessed!
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/3/15 10:38 am

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
I have also sent him a box of chocolates and a set of left handed golf clubs.

Show the ole timer how it's done, Cojak. It ain't quid pro quo without the quid.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/3/15 11:15 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Cojak wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

YOu beat me to it, he hasn't read my e-mail yet. I have also sent him a box of chocolates and a set of left handed golf clubs.

This worries me COJAK - I had a flashback to blessedinTNMS from your post.
9/3/15 11:25 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Cojak wrote:

This worries me COJAK - I had a flashback to blessedinTNMS from your post.

Mississippi...blessed / blessed in TNMississippi

Ats got a real chiastic (chiasm) ring to it fer shore. Laughing
Acts-pert Poster
9/3/15 1:39 pm

Post Cojak
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
The Mississippi Folks are blessed!

This worries me COJAK - I had a flashback to blessedinTNMS from your post.[/quote]

Just trying to fit in! Laughing Embarassed
9/3/15 4:02 pm

Post Can you be an AB and on the Council of 18 at the same time? Aaron Scott
Someone? Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/3/15 5:23 pm

Post Yes to AB on the Council Alan Wagoner
You can't serve on the council if you are the head of any department that has a budget that is approved by the council or if hold an office that is a position elected by the General Assembly. Friendly Face
9/3/15 5:37 pm

Post Re: A Request for the new Mississippi AB Chris Moody Nick Park
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Hey, Chris, congratulations on ya appointment as the new AB a Mississippi. Now you know that ya first priority is to the folk here on Actscelerate. So the ole timer wanted to be the first one to ask fer a church.

Momma has always liked Elvis' sangin an all, an we been here in Pikeville, KY, fer a heap a years. Can ya work it out where me an momma can move to Tupelo an pastor in the area of Elvis' birthplace? I don't want to plant a church, I want one with a fairly new parsonage (no mortgage), a real nice church facility (no mortgage), several staff that can do all the visitin an all, full salary, insurance, SS, travelin expenses, clothing allotment fer momma's General Assembly dresses/undies, etc., so basically all the ole timer will have to do is preach, pray an prophesy truth.

Hey, I'll give ya few days to git settled in while me an momma packs. You know ma phone number so just give me a call. I appreciate ya workin it out fer the ole timer, can't wait to git there. Cool

I can reveal through my sources in Cleveland that OTCP subsequently called the new AB of Mississippi about this and the conversation went as follows:

OTCP: "Doctor Moody, I Believe you're moving Way Down to Mississippi Any Day Now."

CM: "Yes. I was All Shook Up when I was first asked to go. I wondered if it was the right timing, but It's Now or Never so I'm Movin' On."

OTCP: "From the moment I heard the news you were Always on My Mind. Do you need a pastor in Tupelo? If so, There's Always Me."

CM: "Are You Sincere? There could be Trouble, and Fools Rush in Where Angels Fear to Tread. There's a lot of Suspicious Minds down there."

OTCP: "Come on, Dr Moody. Don't be Cruel. I got an ornery doctorate from World Vision University of Faith. And I did my MIP working with Creflo Dollar In the Ghetto."

CM: "Tell Me Why?"

OTCP: "Momma is sick and tired of this Kentucky Rain. She said I've got to say The Last Farewell to Pikeville. I tell you, Doc, I'm married to a Hard Headed Woman."

CM: "Welcome to My World!"

OTCP: "So can we go? We visited Tupelo last year and Mama Liked the Roses. They were so beautiful she started to cry. I told her, That's Alright Mama."

CM: "I'm afraid there's a guy already lined up for Tupelo. He phoned me yesterday and begged for the job. He Touched Me, so He'll Have to Go."

OTCP. "It's a Sin! Come on, Dr Moody, I Need You So. Is it some Word of Faith doctrine I preached? What'd I Say?"

CM: "It's not your preaching. The folks at Tupelo would never let that Hound Dog of yours stay in the parsonage. One look at that beast and You'll Be Gone - Return to Sender! Sorry, Old Timer, I've got to handle this appointment My Way."

OTCP: "Now you've done gone hurt me. I ain't got a Wooden Heart, you know. When can we talk about this again?"

CM: "I think you need to pray about this more, and talk about it less. A Little Bit Less Conversation. You can call me again on The Twelfth of Never."

OTCP: "That's a long long time."

http://eaiseanchai.wordpress.com/
Acts Enthusiast
9/4/15 4:59 am

Post bonnie knox
"All Shook Up" Laughing
CM does get that way at times.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/4/15 8:26 am

Post Re: A Request for the new Mississippi AB Chris Moody Old Time Country Preacher
Nick Park wrote:
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:

I can reveal through my sources in Cleveland that OTCP subsequently called the new AB of Mississippi about this and the conversation went as follows:

OTCP: "Doctor Moody, I Believe you're moving Way Down to Mississippi Any Day Now."

CM: "Yes. I was All Shook Up when I was first asked to go. I wondered if it was the right timing, but It's Now or Never so I'm Movin' On."

OTCP: "From the moment I heard the news you were Always on My Mind. Do you need a pastor in Tupelo? If so, There's Always Me."

CM: "Are You Sincere? There could be Trouble, and Fools Rush in Where Angels Fear to Tread. There's a lot of Suspicious Minds down there."

OTCP: "Come on, Dr Moody. Don't be Cruel. I got an ornery doctorate from World Vision University of Faith. And I did my MIP working with Creflo Dollar In the Ghetto."

CM: "Tell Me Why?"

OTCP: "Momma is sick and tired of this Kentucky Rain. She said I've got to say The Last Farewell to Pikeville. I tell you, Doc, I'm married to a Hard Headed Woman."

CM: "Welcome to My World!"

OTCP: "So can we go? We visited Tupelo last year and Mama Liked the Roses. They were so beautiful she started to cry. I told her, That's Alright Mama."

CM: "I'm afraid there's a guy already lined up for Tupelo. He phoned me yesterday and begged for the job. He Touched Me, so He'll Have to Go."

OTCP. "It's a Sin! Come on, Dr Moody, I Need You So. Is it some Word of Faith doctrine I preached? What'd I Say?"

CM: "It's not your preaching. The folks at Tupelo would never let that Hound Dog of yours stay in the parsonage. One look at that beast and You'll Be Gone - Return to Sender! Sorry, Old Timer, I've got to handle this appointment My Way."

OTCP: "Now you've done gone hurt me. I ain't got a Wooden Heart, you know. When can we talk about this again?"

CM: "I think you need to pray about this more, and talk about it less. A Little Bit Less Conversation. You can call me again on The Twelfth of Never."

OTCP: "That's a long long time."

Sad thing about it all, Nick, is at momma had done bought a pair a Blue Suede Shoes cause she though we was a movin to Tupelo. Well, all I know to do is take her to Shoneys, one a them hot fudge cakes usually takes care a the problem. Cool
Acts-pert Poster
9/4/15 8:43 am

Post bonnie knox
Jus make sure ya don't go tryin to walk around in em shoes of the missus no more, Ole Timer. I thank ya learnt ya lesson, but I jus wanna be sure seeing as how them blue suede ones might be such a temptation an all. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/4/15 8:52 am

Post bonnie knox
I'm getting a good laugh out of Nick's post!

Is it true the Tupelo folks won't let a hound dog stay in the parsonage? Laughing Laughing
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/4/15 9:02 am

Post bonnie knox
If Ole Timer don't git his transfer, he's gonna have a Blue Christmas. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/4/15 9:05 am

Post C. Chris Moody
Send me a resume, I have some open churches right now. I believe they are a fit for you. Belt Jerker
9/4/15 9:52 am

Post Eddie Robbins
gonna miss you at Lee games. Acts-pert Poster
9/4/15 10:19 am

C. Chris Moody wrote:
Send me a resume, I have some open churches right now. I believe they are a fit for you.

Thank ya, Chris, but I aint comin without ma hound dog. Ole Blue is top notch hound dog fer shore.
Acts-pert Poster
9/4/15 10:21 am

Post Change Agent
Bro. Moody if you need someone to get people in line with sheep beating I would highly recommend OTCP. He would do a very good job. Laughing Acts Enthusiast
9/4/15 1:49 pm

Change Agent wrote:
Bro. Moody if you need someone to get people in line with sheep beating I would highly recommend OTCP. He would do a very good job. Laughing

If you talked to the folk what attends ma church, they wouldn't a one of em say the ole timer beats sheep. Course, the person aint the parody.
Acts-pert Poster
9/4/15 2:11 pm

Post Thanks NP Cojak
For adding some great laughs, and to Bro. Moody for being such a sport, Imma hoping he be listening as the folks in Mississippi be sayin, "Love me Tender"
9/4/15 8:37 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic