Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

SC Home for Children
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post sixfigureincome
AnOnYmOuS4ArEaSoN wrote:
sixfigureincome wrote:
AnOnYmOuS4ArEaSoN wrote:
I know in the past, its been a huge success and there is no telling how many people have been affected by it.

What are you defining as a huge success?

I'm speaking of the kids its helped...not financial.

Do you know anything about the present being a huge success as you have defined it?
Friendly Face
4/18/15 8:23 pm

Post bishopinsc803
Judah4Him wrote:
Was there any mishandling of funds that led to this situation?

Where is RC working now?

Question 1 - Yes

Question 2 - Unknown

Last edited by bishopinsc803 on 4/18/15 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
4/18/15 9:38 pm

Post bishopinsc803
sixfigureincome wrote:
AnOnYmOuS4ArEaSoN wrote:
sixfigureincome wrote:
AnOnYmOuS4ArEaSoN wrote:
I know in the past, its been a huge success and there is no telling how many people have been affected by it.

Do you know anything about the present being a huge success as you have defined it?

It may have been a huge success in the past but the last 12 months the home has had less than 8 children as part of the actual Home For Children ministry. Some claim there have been more than that - those numbers include the house parents children.
4/18/15 9:40 pm

Post sixfigureincome
bishopinsc803 wrote:
sixfigureincome wrote:
AnOnYmOuS4ArEaSoN wrote:
sixfigureincome wrote:
AnOnYmOuS4ArEaSoN wrote:

It may have been a huge success in the past but the last 12 months the home has had less than 8 children as part of the actual Home For Children ministry. Some claim there have been more than that - those numbers include the house parents children.

Are you saying if the home only has 8 children it's not successful in helping those kids?
Friendly Face
4/19/15 6:01 am

Post Bishop803 cogalltheway
Bishop803,
You are quick to answer that money was mishandled by the director. Do you have some kind of proof? Otherwise this is a judgment call and unless you can back it up, its an unnecessary jab at the outgoing director. Please enlighten us on the mishandling...misused, unwisely used, or series of events that hurt the account, what happened?
Friendly Face
4/19/15 2:32 pm

Post Re: Bishop803 bishopinsc803
cogalltheway wrote:
Bishop803,
You are quick to answer that money was mishandled by the director. Do you have some kind of proof? Otherwise this is a judgment call and unless you can back it up, its an unnecessary jab at the outgoing director. Please enlighten us on the mishandling...misused, unwisely used, or series of events that hurt the account, what happened?

Ask any State Council member or former HFC board member. I did. They will tell you.
4/19/15 9:32 pm

Post 803 cogalltheway
I think you need to becareful stating that he mishandled money. That sounds like he misused or did something illegal or sinful with the $. Maybe he mismanaged the money but never mishandled it. Unless you got proof this is slander. Friendly Face
4/20/15 7:43 am

Post Re: Bishop803 actsfreak
bishopinsc803 wrote:
cogalltheway wrote:
Bishop803,

Ask any State Council member or former HFC board member. I did. They will tell you.

I sure think that it is awful that the state council or any board member does not know how to keep anything confidential anymore. Apparently you can walk up to one of them and ask about an issue and they will tell you. Shouldn't those who leak confidential information be dismissed from a council or board?
Hey, DOC
4/21/15 3:09 pm

Post Change Agent
We wouldn't want any word getting out that money is being misspent. Could be a reason to reduce amount sent to states and Cleveland. We will just smile like nothing happened. Laughing Acts Enthusiast
4/21/15 3:27 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Misspent - having guys as directors and board that can't manage their own budgets managing a budget of an organization. Dumb things happen - but no criminal activity.

Misappropriated - see Cleveland TN and call the FBI.

Truth is - the "caring for children" industry is messed up - and the old paradigms no longer work. The government doesn't like orphanages - they feel kids are better off with their own adoptive parents, even gay ones - than to be in any home for children.

I fear those days are numbered. Probably no ones fault...it is just a reflection of the times...where govt. has its hand in everything - and often messes things up.
4/21/15 5:19 pm

Post staffmember
From what I understand it is not a matter of misspending or misappropriation of funds. It is a matter of not being able to raise enough funds for operations. Because of the downturn in the economy and the reduction of tithe of tithe the HFC did not receive appropriations from the state office. Hey, DOC
4/21/15 6:36 pm

Post Re: Bishop803 bishopinsc803
actsfreak wrote:
bishopinsc803 wrote:
cogalltheway wrote:
Bishop803,

I sure think that it is awful that the state council or any board member does not know how to keep anything confidential anymore. Apparently you can walk up to one of them and ask about an issue and they will tell you. Shouldn't those who leak confidential information be dismissed from a council or board?

Yes. It has always happened this way in SC. Lots of leaks
4/22/15 12:06 am

Post bishopinsc803
Change Agent wrote:
We wouldn't want any word getting out that money is being misspent. Could be a reason to reduce amount sent to states and Cleveland. We will just smile like nothing happened. Laughing

This is correct. Everything has been swept under the rug to keep the peace. Being quiet about it doesn't make it right.
4/22/15 12:07 am

Post bishopinsc803
staffmember wrote:
From what I understand it is not a matter of misspending or misappropriation of funds. It is a matter of not being able to raise enough funds for operations. Because of the downturn in the economy and the reduction of tithe of tithe the HFC did not receive appropriations from the state office.

Some of your statement is correct but not all of it. There is a downturn of income because the state office can't continue to fund the losses the HFC has every month.

I guess it depends on your perception of what misspending or a misappropriation of funds would be.
4/22/15 12:15 am

Post AnOnYmOuS4ArEaSoN
bishopinsc803 wrote:
staffmember wrote:
From what I understand it is not a matter of misspending or misappropriation of funds. It is a matter of not being able to raise enough funds for operations. Because of the downturn in the economy and the reduction of tithe of tithe the HFC did not receive appropriations from the state office.

Some of your statement is correct but not all of it. There is a downturn of income because the state office can't continue to fund the losses the HFC has every month.

I guess it depends on your perception of what misspending or a misappropriation of funds would be.

If it has been or still is operating on a loss monthly, then why appoint someone else to continue that loss? Why not just stop it, sell the property and use the money elsewhere.
Friendly Face
4/23/15 6:41 pm

Post Cojak
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Misspent - having guys as directors and board that can't manage their own budgets managing a budget of an organization. Dumb things happen - but no criminal activity.

Misappropriated - see Cleveland TN and call the FBI.

Truth is - the "caring for children" industry is messed up - and the old paradigms no longer work. The government doesn't like orphanages - they feel kids are better off with their own adoptive parents, even gay ones - than to be in any home for children.

I fear those days are numbered. Probably no ones fault...it is just a reflection of the times...where govt. has its hand in everything - and often messes things up.

I think you are right here. I believe it has been deemed by 'Social Services' that Foster and 'other' care is best. Maybe they are right. I once ran into a kid I admired once, in the NC Home for Children. He was a trumpet player in the Orphanage band, and he was good. We had our kids at a theme park and I ran into him and his wife. They too were there with their kids.
I took the time to tell him how much I had admired him at their concerts.

He did not have one good word to say about the orphanage. I was shocked and will not repeat the horrors he told of the men and women who worked there. And what was required of them (the orphans). Needless to say I had never heard any inside 'data', I did take it with a grain of salt, but I cannot forget it. Idea
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
4/24/15 10:01 pm

Post SC cogalltheway
1. When does the State Council vote on the new director?
2. Has Roger been placed/appointed as of today?
Friendly Face
5/4/15 1:02 pm

Post SC HOme for Children cogalltheway
SC has a new director at the Home for Children. I'm not sure if he's announced it at his church. I'll post it on Monday if some doesn't beat me to it. Friendly Face
5/8/15 7:34 am

Post Judah4Him
A rock hill pastor? Friendly Face
5/8/15 10:29 pm

Post Judah4Him
Hearing a Greenville pastor. Friendly Face
5/10/15 1:19 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.