Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

General Assembly 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post World Missions Carpenter's Hand
I have only seen a few mention someone other than an Anglo-Saxon person. Why do we think that only people from America can be a World Missions Director or Assistant? I would fully agree with a Ken Anderson election. He lived on the Mission Field for many, many years and would live there now if the Lord would allow. Just curious to as why we only think in terms of the American to fill the position and not someone from another country who, in my opinion, would greater understand and know the need and how to best remedy the need. New Member
4/16/15 9:30 am

Post My Votes BromptonFalls
General - Tim Hill
1st Asst - Tom Madden
2nd Asst - J David Stephens
3rd Asst - Thomas Propes
Sec Gen - Bill Isaacs

Youth Director - David Blair
Asst Youth Director - Rob Bailey

World Missions - John Childers
Asst World Missions - David Griffis
4/16/15 10:21 am

Post Re: World Missions Brandon Bohannon
Carpenter's Hand wrote:
I have only seen a few mention someone other than an Anglo-Saxon person. Why do we think that only people from America can be a World Missions Director or Assistant? I would fully agree with a Ken Anderson election. He lived on the Mission Field for many, many years and would live there now if the Lord would allow. Just curious to as why we only think in terms of the American to fill the position and not someone from another country who, in my opinion, would greater understand and know the need and how to best remedy the need.

I totally understand your point. Even agree with the heart of it. Not that you need a counterpoint but food for thought, much of the money for world missions comes from inside of the U.S. Being able to fundraise is valuable and thus being someone people know and "trust" is useful to the position.
Proverbs 3:5-6; John 13:34-35; Acts 1:8
Acts-celerater
4/16/15 3:51 pm

Post Re: World Missions Kyle Morrow
Carpenter's Hand wrote:
I have only seen a few mention someone other than an Anglo-Saxon person. Why do we think that only people from America can be a World Missions Director or Assistant? I would fully agree with a Ken Anderson election. He lived on the Mission Field for many, many years and would live there now if the Lord would allow. Just curious to as why we only think in terms of the American to fill the position and not someone from another country who, in my opinion, would greater understand and know the need and how to best remedy the need.

That's a great thought but the Director and Assistant Director's main job in World Missions seem to be raising money. Tim Hill and John D Childers have done an amazing job at this. It is good to get someone in the department that has a lot of contacts and experience to keep the WM Budget strong and healthy.
4/16/15 5:46 pm

Post diakoneo
Tom Sterbens wrote:
G.O. - Kyle Morrow - #53163

I'm still working on the rest of the list...

I would second that but I am looking for a no name and everybody on Acts knows Kyle and his number. Sorry Smile Twisted Evil
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
4/17/15 8:23 am

Post Kyle Morrow
Thank ya'll. I don't take your confidence in me lightly, and if I am voted in on the Executive Committee, I promise to do something revolutionary. I will promote only my friends and family. I am Kyle Morrow 53163 and I approve this message.
4/17/15 12:22 pm

Post Kyle & Tom zjudah1
If Tom thinks your worthy of the the top 5, you'll get my vote!
Rod Cannon
Friendly Face
4/17/15 1:04 pm

Post William Lee Given_Another_Chance
The COG Apostle wrote:
It is always important to check out who the Camp Meeting speakers in the larger states. Also, Tennessee will be well represented since the Assembly is in Nashville. Keep that in mind when doing your predicting. The COG needs LEADERSHIP, not the latest, hottest preacher.

I notice that he is missing from camp meetings this year
Friendly Face
4/17/15 2:28 pm

Post BromptonFalls
The COG needs LEADERSHIP, not the latest, hottest preacher. [/color][/quote]

I agree entirely. To be honest, I think that may be part of our problem in the COG. The calling of God and the anointing of the Holy Spirit to preach does not guarantee that God has also given them the gift of administration. When the entire barometer of leadership revolves around good preaching, we've missed the mark.

The spiritual gift of administration spoken of in 1 Cor 12:28 (kubernesis - to steer, guide, lead) is entirely different than the spiritual gift of evangelism Paul cites in Eph 4:11 (euaggelistes - preacher of gospel) Are some ministers graced with both? Sure. But it is damaging to our movement when we assume that just because they "preach good" means they can also lead well.
4/20/15 8:01 am

Post John Childers: Executive Committee 2016 StandardAnswer
It appears that Tim Hill has afforded great confidence and trust in Brother Childers as Assistant Director. His administrative skills are shining in World Missions. He will make a great contribution to the EC. Member
4/20/15 9:03 am

Post delete wayne
delete Acts Enthusiast
4/20/15 10:07 am

Post BromptonFalls
We've heard clean slate prophesies before, but it never seems to go that way, at least as I recall. Historically, has an assembly ever actually voted that way?
4/23/15 1:47 pm

Post FellowSoldier
Does it really matter? Will it affect the church? Is it just time to rotate the musical chairs? And I hate to ask but; wouldn't the money we spend on rotating them chairs, and sneaking off to Sea World, Disney World and who knows where else while we should be in the meetings better be spent for the Kingdom on the missions field? Have fun guys! I think I will save my church the money!
4/23/15 6:09 pm

Post hmmm PastorJackson
hmmm Jackson Plant #53309 has a certain ring to it lol

diakoneo wrote:
Tom Sterbens wrote:
G.O. - Kyle Morrow - #53163

I'm still working on the rest of the list...

I would second that but I am looking for a no name and everybody on Acts knows Kyle and his number. Sorry Smile Twisted Evil
Cool
http://www.facebook.com/jackson.plant
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
4/28/15 1:25 am

Post Eddie Robbins
FellowSoldier wrote:
Does it really matter? Will it affect the church? Is it just time to rotate the musical chairs? And I hate to ask but; wouldn't the money we spend on rotating them chairs, and sneaking off to Sea World, Disney World and who knows where else while we should be in the meetings better be spent for the Kingdom on the missions field? Have fun guys! I think I will save my church the money!

It's in Nashville.
Acts-pert Poster
4/28/15 6:43 am

Post Brandon Bohannon
Eddie Robbins wrote:
FellowSoldier wrote:

It's in Nashville.

In that case... the Grand Ole Opry, Bass Pro Shops, Cock of the Walk... Laughing
Proverbs 3:5-6; John 13:34-35; Acts 1:8
Acts-celerater
4/28/15 8:23 am

Post SouthGeorgiaBoy
FellowSoldier wrote:

Maybe your church members feel the same way about the way you do things in your local church. Maybe they can find something better to do when you have special events and services. You reap what you sow.
Acts Enthusiast
4/28/15 12:34 pm

Post FellowSoldier
SouthGeorgiaBoy wrote:
FellowSoldier wrote:

Maybe your church members feel the same way about the way you do things in your local church. Maybe they can find something better to do when you have special events and services. You reap what you sow.

My church members have a real say in what we do, and we try and focus on what benefits the kingdom, not the church or political system. Can someone tell me what great kingdom shaking event took place in 2014? Sorry I wasn't there, but we took the money that we would have spent going and put it in a Central American mission effort. Only about a thousand people saved and hundreds filled with the Spirit. I understand how that pales in comparison to some of those powerful resolutions that were passed.
5/3/15 9:10 am

Post SouthGeorgiaBoy
FellowSoldier wrote:
SouthGeorgiaBoy wrote:
FellowSoldier wrote:

My church members have a real say in what we do, and we try and focus on what benefits the kingdom, not the church or political system. Can someone tell me what great kingdom shaking event took place in 2014? Sorry I wasn't there, but we took the money that we would have spent going and put it in a Central American mission effort. Only about a thousand people saved and hundreds filled with the Spirit. I understand how that pales in comparison to some of those powerful resolutions that were passed.

I'm sure they do. Oh I love how pious you are. I guess all of us who attend are not doing anything for the Kingdom. It's called being faithful to larger church than just where you are. Who appointed you to where you serve? If and when you decide you are finished there I guess you will want someone to help you get another appointment at a different location. Folk like you always condone in themselves what they condemn in others.
Acts Enthusiast
5/3/15 7:01 pm

Post FellowSoldier
SouthGeorgiaBoy wrote:
FellowSoldier wrote:
SouthGeorgiaBoy wrote:
FellowSoldier wrote:

I'm sure they do. Oh I love how pious you are. I guess all of us who attend are not doing anything for the Kingdom. It's called being faithful to larger church than just where you are. Who appointed you to where you serve? If and when you decide you are finished there I guess you will want someone to help you get another appointment at a different location. Folk like you always condone in themselves what they condemn in others.

Your a funny guy Georgia... a little pious yourself though... Rolling Eyes When I leave where I am I will do what I always have, trust the Lord. Never have asked for an appointment, probably because my 30 years of pastoring has been done in 2 churches, so moving has always been a God thing. And based on that record I think I have at least a limited understanding of being faithful. I also believe in being a good steward over God's house and until some things change where the GA is concerned, I will not be attending because I feel it is a waste of resources for the return. Maybe you can enlighten me about all the benefits to the KINGDOM OF GOD that come out of the GA. If you can, I promise I will be there. All I see is a religious exercise, full of politics, where half those who are supposed to be there spend days elsewhere, then go home and tell their congregations how exhausted they are from all the hard work.

As for excusing myself, you don't know me! I confess, I'm a mess, I am opinionated, my mouth gets me in more trouble than I can get out of most days, I fail about every day of my life in one way or another, I would not want to be my overseer and have to deal with me. But one thing for sure anyone that really knows me would laugh if you described me as either pious or religious.
5/13/15 9:36 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic