Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
@actscelerate Twitter  @actscelerate Facebook  @actscelerate Google+ 

Women as Ordained Bishops with full authority
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
   Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Quiet Wyatt
The International Pentecostal Holiness Church, the Assemblies of God, the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel, as well as numerous other Pentecostal and Holiness groups, have ordained women from either their formation in the early 1900s or soon after their formation.

Some may view these groups as if they were on "a slippery slope," and they may well be, but any slippery slope they may be on is in no way related to their longstanding policy of ordination of women.

http://www.actscelerate.com/viewtopic.php?t=79044
Acts-perienced Poster
Posts: 12280
5/21/14 1:37 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post krista
Nick Park wrote:
krista wrote:
Nick Park wrote:
krista wrote:

Maybe leaving is the answer for some. If you come in to an organization and you disagree with it's by-laws, maybe it is time to go. So what, if we become smaller because some leave that don't agree with who we are. The COG isn't for everyone Tom. Maybe they don't belong here because of their beliefs.
Again, the COG is what it is. It makes absolutely no sense to me, to stay in a Church Organization that you disagree with it's teachings. Why does the COG have to change their teaching to accommodate those who disagree with her. To me it's simple. Go find a Church you line up with in your belief and teachings. That's what I would do. If many of the younger generation did change the COG, and it's no longer what I look for, I will leave. To me it's so simple.
If you don't like the by-laws of the Boy Scouts, don"t join. If you don't like the values of the NRA, then don"t join. Don't join in and then decide you don't like it so you want to change the rules. Don't join. Simple.


If everyone had taken this attitude throughout the history of the Church of God then our minutes would still ban bobbed hair and chewing gum, people who operate moving picture shows would be ineligible for church membership and our presence in other countries would, quite frankly, be non-existent.

When you stop to think about it, it is incredible that a movement that began in the Appalachians among Scots-Irish mountain men has brought salvation and healing to millions in Africa, Latin America, Asia and Europe.

The reason some of us joined Church of God, and love the movement, is because it has proved itself to be remarkable adaptable on non-essentials while remaining true to sound biblical doctrine.

The idea that no changes should ever be considered, or that those seeking any kind of change should shut up or get out, is muddle headed.


I never said we never need to change some things. Today, this is about a generation of Ministers ( I use that term lightly ) that want to transform the COG into something that doesn't even resemble our heritage and roots. You can tell me nothing about the COG. I have been part of it for over 40 years. I can see where this is going. I see liberal Ministers wanting to slowly dissolve the COG and make it completely different that it is.
I also resent being called what you called me. I completely understand that agenda that many have. Even more so that you.


Maybe where you are you have a group of ministers who are trying to do that to the Church of God. I certainly don't see what you see. I see a group of ministers (including most of those I have encountered on the Executive Council or the Executive Committee) who see the full ordination of women as entirely consistent with the heritage and calling of the the Church of God.

And, for what it's worth, I didn't call you anything. So your resentment is unwarranted.


You wrote "The idea that no changes should ever be considered, or that those seeking any kind of change should shut up or get out, is muddle headed."

You called me a name, you just worked your way around it.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
Posts: 2916
5/21/14 2:06 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nick, krista krista
JimmieDavis wrote:
Is dealing with ignorant paranoia. The only thing worse than liberalism is fear that keeps you from advancing. His or her {I guess that makes Krista an it} fear makes it want to control. It can't. It (krista) is in the minority. It is more concerned with his roots than his future. Part of the crowd that can't bridge the two. So that's why I excused her from the table. Our leaders know what they are doing. Vote for them and let them lead us forward.


You're like a pesty gnat. You're opinion is about the same. No real big deal and about as small. You're the minority and it just drives you nuts to get your chain jerked by someone who is the majority.
Let me just say this and then I am done. ( One doesn't spend a lot of time on a gnat), I have my opinion just like you have yours. You don't like mine? Too bad. Laughing Laughing
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
Posts: 2916
5/21/14 2:15 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post dolfan
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
The International Pentecostal Holiness Church, the Assemblies of God, the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel, as well as numerous other Pentecostal and Holiness groups, have ordained women from either their formation in the early 1900s or soon after their formation.

Some may view these groups as if they were on "a slippery slope," and they may well be, but any slippery slope they may be on is in no way related to their longstanding policy of ordination of women.

http://www.actscelerate.com/viewtopic.php?t=79044


The Pentecostal Church of God does, too. Congregational Holiness Church (Jentezen Franklin's denomination, right?) ordains women.
_________________
"Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven." -- David Lipscomb
Friendly Face
Posts: 356
5/21/14 2:35 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Nick Park
krista wrote:

You wrote "The idea that no changes should ever be considered, or that those seeking any kind of change should shut up or get out, is muddle headed."

You called me a name, you just worked your way around it.


Krista, one of the basic Christian qualities that we should always try to cultivate is the ability to disagree without being obnoxious or viewing those who disagree with you as an enemy.

The idea you expressed was muddle-headed. Illogical. Poorly thought through. Lacking in intellectual merit.

The whole point of an internet discussion board is that we should be able to examine ideas and arguments and assess them. If you can't do that without thinking that people are out to get you or call you names then you are going to make yourself very miserable.

Trust me, if an Irishman really wanted to call you a name then you would know all about it and your ears would be red for a week afterwards. We have thousands of years experience at name-calling.

I simply pointed out that your argument was poorly thought through.

God bless you.
_________________
Senior Pastor, Solid Rock Church, Drogheda
National Overseer, Church of God, Ireland
Executive Director, Evangelical Alliance Ireland

http://eaiseanchai.wordpress.com/
Acts Enthusiast
Posts: 1021
5/21/14 3:51 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post krista
Nick Park wrote:
krista wrote:

You wrote "The idea that no changes should ever be considered, or that those seeking any kind of change should shut up or get out, is muddle headed."

You called me a name, you just worked your way around it.


Krista, one of the basic Christian qualities that we should always try to cultivate is the ability to disagree without being obnoxious or viewing those who disagree with you as an enemy.

The idea you expressed was muddle-headed. Illogical. Poorly thought through. Lacking in intellectual merit.

The whole point of an internet discussion board is that we should be able to examine ideas and arguments and assess them. If you can't do that without thinking that people are out to get you or call you names then you are going to make yourself very miserable.

Trust me, if an Irishman really wanted to call you a name then you would know all about it and your ears would be red for a week afterwards. We have thousands of years experience at name-calling.

I simply pointed out that your argument was poorly thought through.

God bless you.


It is my opinion, just as yours is yours. Just because we disagree, doesn't make my argument any less than yours. If you don't agree, fine. If I disagree, fine. We're all entitled to our views and opinion.
Just because you are Nick Park, means nothing to me. Your opinion is like your nose. Everyone has one. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
Posts: 2916
5/21/14 7:45 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Wow Mark Hardgrove
I'm off the grid for a few days and things on this thread have really gone off the deep end.

Yes, for the last time, women have been and are fully ordained and there is no rational or biblical reason why they cannot be ordained in the Church of God other than the fact that the people making this decision are all men.

Unless we are ready to discount all the good work our sister Pentecostal denominations have done, and the validity of their ordination process, then we cannot dismiss the fact that woman are ordained and therefore can be ordained, and unless we jigger with the titles to make it appear that we offer true equality without actually offering equality (neither male nor female), then we are implicitly negating the gifting of women in the kingdom of God.

When asked about divorce, do you know what standard Jesus used? "In the beginning." Well in the beginning (Gen. 1) God created male and female and they were created in His image and they were given dominion over the earth, and together they were a true partnership exercised in equality.

Just me thinking out loud.
_________________
Mark E. Hardgrove, D.Min., Ph.D.
Senior Pastor Conyers Church of God
http://www.conyerscog.org
Dean & VP for Academics at BHU
http://www.beulah.org/
Acts-celerater
Posts: 855
5/22/14 4:08 pm


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply with quote
Post Re: Wow Poimen
Mark Hardgrove wrote:

When asked about divorce, do you know what standard Jesus used? "In the beginning." Well in the beginning (Gen. 1) God created male and female and they were created in His image and they were given dominion over the earth, and together they were a true partnership exercised in equality.


Agreed, "the beginning" or the created state is the point of reference. Albeit, the beginning does NOT support an egalitarian view of equality, but rather a complimentary one. As 1 Corinthians 11 says, referring to the CREATED state, "man was not made for the woman, but woman for the man". Nevertheless, "neither is the man without the woman".

God saw fit to create an help suitable for man, a complimentary spouse, equal in worth yet subordinate in relationship. And God said it was VERY good.
_________________
Poimen
Bro. Christopher

Singing: "Let us then be true and faithful -- trusting, serving, everyday. Just one glimpse of Him in glory will the toils of life repay."


Last edited by Poimen on 5/24/14 3:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
Posts: 5656
5/22/14 6:59 pm


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply with quote
Post Bro Bob
I am always amazed that men and women who innately grasp the certainty that there was a creator rather than some random statistical impossibility who is responsible for all there is and all we can see and know... absolutely reject that creator's choices in how His creation functions best. Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
Posts: 3860
5/23/14 9:31 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Eduardo Nieves
Si
_________________
Romanos 8:37
37 Sin embargo, en todo esto somos más que vencedores por medio de aquel que nos amó.

"A Church Without Walls, A Place for All People"
El Nuevo Mana
Eduardo Nieves
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
Posts: 3157
5/27/14 10:06 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Joe Nail
i would vote yes
_________________
all that counts is your faith showing itself in love.
Acts Enthusiast
Posts: 1904
5/28/14 10:35 am


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Reply with quote
Post Link
It's kind of silly if a denomination allows women to pastor, redefines 'bishop' as 'pastor who reached our highest rank of ordination' and then quibbles over women can be bishops.

A bishop is an overseer. What does he oversee? The type we are talking about oversees a local church. We usually call that 'pastoring.' Later 'bishop' became the word for a pastor of the other pastors in the city. Even later, it came to be used for various Protestant denominational officials. The Bible uses the term interchangeably with the elders of the church. In Acts 20:28, the elders of a church are told to pastor the church of God over whom the Holy Ghost had made them bishops.

But it is interesting that one of the passages about qualifications for 'bishop' comes right after that passage about a woman not teaching or usurping authority over a man.

And one of the qualifications Paul lists is that the bishop be an 'aner'-- that is, a man. A one-woman man. That's a lot of gender language to get around to turn a man into a woman. How can a woman be a one-woman man?

If you do allow female bishops, does she have to be a monogamous lesbian, too?
_________________
Link
Acts-perienced Poster
Posts: 11032
5/31/14 6:52 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Acts-celerate Terms of Use | Acts-celerate Policy
World News Network | Acts-celerate Chat
Contact the Administrator.


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: Spelling by SpellingCow.