Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Charisma: Bad Charismatic Doctrines We Should Retire
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: Numerous? How many? caseyleejones
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Casey, the ole timer aint even answerin such a question other than to say I am well acquainted with Hagins teachins, writins, Rhema school, magazine, impact on WOF teachin, influence on a generation of woffie preachers, etc. His hyper-woffie teachin is extrabiblical. It is error. In ever place Ive pastored Ive had to engage his (and other woffies teachins, i.e., Copeland, etc.) teachins. Ive had to show folk where it is in error and help correct that error with biblical balance.

Once again, you have evaded the question. So likely it is very little.

Its a mite funny that the ole timer knows so much bout KennyHagSr/KennyHagJr/KennyCope to never have read any a the Kenny literature. Cool

That is my point, you know so little. Yet, it would be safe to say you have read very little. What is his view on hell? What is his view on consecration? What is his view on the American church?
Acts-perienced Poster
5/11/14 3:14 pm

Post Cojak
I agree with the article, because those are my own feelings and attitudes. It is easy to agree with someone when you both agree. Wink
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/11/14 8:48 pm

Post Re: Numerous? How many? Old Time Country Preacher
caseyleejones wrote:
That is my point, you know so little. Yet, it would be safe to say you have read very little. What is his view on hell? What is his view on consecration? What is his view on the American church?

Casey, love ya buddy, but I aint even gonna entertain ya questions on Hagin an his teachins other than to say I've studied em, read em, researched em at a scholarly level (well, as scholarly as a ole feller can), for quite a few years now. Nuff said.
Acts-pert Poster
5/11/14 8:57 pm

Post Maybe J. Lee should retire .. Rafael D Martinez
.. his studious outrage at Charismatic and Pentecostal error in the pages of a magazine that helps perpetuate it just can't be taken seriously.

Strang Communications and Charisma have helped advance this mess for decades. J Lee's rehearsing of the same bullet points sounds as hollow as a bongo drum.

Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? Galatians 4:16

These are trying times. Everyone's trying something and getting caught. The Church Lady, 1987
Acts-dicted
5/13/14 1:31 am

Post Re: Maybe J. Lee should retire .. Old Time Country Preacher
Rafael D Martinez wrote:
Strang Communications and Charisma have helped advance this mess for decades.

This statement is 1000% correct!!!!!!!!!!!
Acts-pert Poster
5/13/14 8:40 am

Post Raf Change Agent
Raf stated:

"his studious outrage at Charismatic and Pentecostal error in the pages of a magazine that helps perpetuate it just can't be taken seriously.

Strang Communications and Charisma have helped advance this mess for decades. J Lee's rehearsing of the same bullet points sounds as hollow as a bongo drum."

The professors at PTS must have thought more highly than you of Lee Grady when they invited him to speak to the students and faculity a few years ago. I was there and he did a great job.

I'm sure they will be calling you Raf when they have the next big event.
Acts Enthusiast
5/13/14 12:04 pm

Post Re: Raf Old Time Country Preacher
Change Agent wrote:
Raf stated: Strang Communications and Charisma have helped advance this mess for decades.

This statement is 1000% correct!!!!!!!!!!!
Acts-pert Poster
5/13/14 1:56 pm

Post OTCP Change Agent
Maybe PTS will be contact both you and Raf to do a tag team speaking engagement! Laughing Acts Enthusiast
5/13/14 2:41 pm

Post Re: Raf Rafael D Martinez
Change Agent wrote:
Raf stated:

"his studious outrage at Charismatic and Pentecostal error in the pages of a magazine that helps perpetuate it just can't be taken seriously.

Strang Communications and Charisma have helped advance this mess for decades. J Lee's rehearsing of the same bullet points sounds as hollow as a bongo drum."

The professors at PTS must have thought more highly than you of Lee Grady when they invited him to speak to the students and faculity a few years ago. I was there and he did a great job.

I'm sure they will be calling you Raf when they have the next big event.

I was there too, CA, taking pictures. He did do a great job.

But he still sounded hollow when speaking of error. The Bryant fellowship hall kind of echoed a bit or where ever it was. I went up afterwards to hear all the sisters praying in the tower for a while and that was music to my ears.

But now we know why you came .. to look forward to being Just Like Him some day, so you can impress PTS professors. I was just there to hear what he had to say. Freudian slip.

To sit in JLG's seat and let that trainwreck of tongue talking tradition and bad doctrine flourish as long as he did is NO place I want to be in or aspire to. There's a few places before the Bema I want clear. That's one of them. You want the job son, let me know and I'll write you a Character letter.

Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? Galatians 4:16

These are trying times. Everyone's trying something and getting caught. The Church Lady, 1987
Acts-dicted
5/13/14 4:18 pm

Post Re: OTCP Old Time Country Preacher
Change Agent wrote:
Maybe PTS will be contact both you and Raf to do a tag team speaking engagement! Laughing

CA, next time ya go to PTS, walk across the street, go in the side door a Squires Library, walk in an turn left, walk around the magazine section an take the elevator to the 3rd floor to the PRC. When ya find ma research, let me know.
Acts-pert Poster
5/13/14 5:53 pm

Post Re: Maybe J. Lee should retire .. Link
Rafael D Martinez wrote:
.. his studious outrage at Charismatic and Pentecostal error in the pages of a magazine that helps perpetuate it just can't be taken seriously.

Strang Communications and Charisma have helped advance this mess for decades. J Lee's rehearsing of the same bullet points sounds as hollow as a bongo drum.

I don't know the inner workings of Charisma magazine, but I wouldn't be surprised if Lee Grady wasn't in charge of the ads that went into it--the business side of things. He was editor for a long time, though, but I don't read the magazine enough to know if the content it covered promoted the same issues he was concerned about. Maybe from his perspective it was better to have a voice in the most influential Charismatic magazine that spoke against the error in the movement than to leave. Is it an issue of 'separation from evil.'

Michael Brown went on the Benny Hinn show, and got a lot of flack for that online.
5/13/14 8:19 pm

Post Re: Maybe J. Lee should retire .. Old Time Country Preacher
Link wrote:
Rafael D Martinez wrote:

I don't know the inner workings of Charisma magazine, but I wouldn't be surprised if Lee Grady wasn't in charge of the ads that went into it--the business side of things. He was editor for a long time, though, but I don't read the magazine enough to know if the content it covered promoted the same issues he was concerned about. Maybe from his perspective it was better to have a voice in the most influential Charismatic magazine that spoke against the error in the movement than to leave. Is it an issue of 'separation from evil.'

Michael Brown went on the Benny Hinn show, and got a lot of flack for that online.

My comments aint relatin to Lee Grady, but Charisma/Charisma House/Strang Publications. Strangs publishing wings have been instrumental in the spread of hyper-woffie excess for years. I went to a church to pastor once an the former pastor had subscribed to Charisma. Ever month we got about 20 copies an they was laid right next to the COG Evangel. This gave the impression that the church supported/promoted/agreed with what was in it. The ole timer done the only thing a orthodox evangelical classical penneycostal pastor could do, he called an stopped the subscription.
Acts-pert Poster
5/13/14 8:47 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.