Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Charisma: Bad Charismatic Doctrines We Should Retire
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Charisma: Bad Charismatic Doctrines We Should Retire Bro Bob
http://www.charismamag.com/blogs/fire-in-my-bones/20325-6-really-bad-charismatic-doctrines-we-should-retire Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
5/9/14 8:57 am

Post diakoneo
Thumb Up Thumb Up

Like!
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
5/9/14 9:38 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Hey, wait a minute, this is EXACTLY what the ole timer has been preachin on Acts fer a long time now. Looks like J Lee done seen the light on the matter.

Excellent article!!!
Acts-pert Poster
5/9/14 10:46 am

Post Lee Grady Change Agent
Lee Grady is one of my favorite speakers and writers. He hits the nail on the head most every time. Heard him at a gathering of the COG a few years ago in Cleveland.

I didn't know that OTCP preacher and I could agree on anything!
Acts Enthusiast
5/9/14 11:08 am

Post Kevin Walker
It's a good article and all, but it seems like he's posted almost the same exact article about three times in the last couple of years. Anyone else notice this? Golf Cart Mafia Associate
5/9/14 11:34 am

Post Yep..... caseyleejones
Kevin Walker wrote:
It's a good article and all, but it seems like he's posted almost the same exact article about three times in the last couple of years. Anyone else notice this?

The book in question written by KH was a well written book. JLG gives a very poor synopsis of it. When I read the book, I felt it was a very .....loving correction to his sons in the faith. He did not lambast nor call them silly nor their teaching. He just pointed out the error in the more extreme teaching. Understand, Hagin also believes in prosperity but with a balance.

The 6 points mentioned are just that...6. We could go on and list 100 things....that are wrong with pentecost/charismatic churches. I remember hearing about blasphemy of the Holy Spirit on a regular basis....it put enough people in bondage. I know of a person who killed themselves because they believed God would not forgive them for something they did. Remember that doctrine?
Acts-perienced Poster
5/9/14 12:26 pm

Post JLarry
Very good article.

We old time Pentecostals went overboard with some of our preaching/teaching in time past.

We sent people to hell for smoking, attending movie theaters, wearing make up, women wearing slacks, cutting their hair, men wearing short sleeve shirts. And we would go to a buffet and eat like that was our last meal.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
5/9/14 1:21 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Kevin Walker wrote:
It's a good article and all, but it seems like he's posted almost the same exact article about three times in the last couple of years. Anyone else notice this?

Ats cause penneycostal folk are hard headed an wont listen to truth. Ya gotta keep tellin it. Wink
Acts-pert Poster
5/9/14 1:42 pm

Post Re: Yep..... Old Time Country Preacher
caseyleejones wrote:
Understand, Hagin also believes in prosperity but with a balance.

Thanks for the funny one, casey. It is oxymoronic to use the words "Hagin" and "Balance" in the same sentence. Ats kinda like usin the words "Copeland" and "orthodoxy" in the same sentence. Some things is like oil an water no matter how ya shake em, they just don't mix.
Acts-pert Poster
5/9/14 1:45 pm

Post Re: Yep..... caseyleejones
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:

Thanks for the funny one, casey. It is oxymoronic to use the words "Hagin" and "Balance" in the same sentence. Ats kinda like usin the words "Copeland" and "orthodoxy" in the same sentence. Some things is like oil an water no matter how ya shake em, they just don't mix.

What material of his have you read from cover to cover?
Acts-perienced Poster
5/9/14 3:59 pm

Post Tracy S Hamilton
Kevin Walker wrote:

Probably because nothing has changed with many ministries and churches who are still engaged in these tactics....
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
5/9/14 5:50 pm

caseyleejones wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:

Researched these fellers writings fer years. Even in "The Midas Touch" where Hagin appears to call for balance, he and his son continue to teach rhema error.
Acts-pert Poster
5/9/14 7:03 pm

Post Re: Yep..... caseyleejones
caseyleejones wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:

Researched these fellers writings fer years. Even in "The Midas Touch" where Hagin appears to call for balance, he and his son continue to teach rhema error.

ie....none
Acts-perienced Poster
5/9/14 7:37 pm

caseyleejones wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:

ie....none

I've read numerous Hagin works, but heres the deal: A feller finds a stash a crack. Does he have to smoke it all (ie, from cover to cover) to know its dangerous? Nope.
Acts-pert Poster
5/9/14 8:13 pm

Post Link
5. Teaching that because the Bible says that Israelites who did not give 10% of their agricultural produce as the OT commanded to the priestly system they were robbing God, that Christians who don't give 10% of cash income into the offering plate are robbing God.

6. The belief that anyone who does not speak in tongues is not filled with the Spirit.
5/10/14 3:35 pm

Post Numerous? How many? caseyleejones
caseyleejones wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:

ie....none

Which ones? I have most all his books and have read about 40-50. Have you read his books about hell? Have you read any of his books on consecration? His very stern with Pentecostals of this generation.

I've read numerous Hagin works, but heres the deal: A feller finds a stash a crack. Does he have to smoke it all (ie, from cover to cover) to know its dangerous? Nope.
Acts-perienced Poster
5/11/14 5:57 am

Post Re: Numerous? How many? Old Time Country Preacher
Casey, the ole timer aint even answerin such a question other than to say I am well acquainted with Hagins teachins, writins, Rhema school, magazine, impact on WOF teachin, influence on a generation of woffie preachers, etc. His hyper-woffie teachin is extrabiblical. It is error. In ever place Ive pastored Ive had to engage his (and other woffies teachins, i.e., Copeland, etc.) teachins. Ive had to show folk where it is in error and help correct that error with biblical balance. Acts-pert Poster
5/11/14 8:05 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Link wrote:
5. Teaching that because the Bible says that Israelites who did not give 10% of their agricultural produce as the OT commanded to the priestly system they were robbing God, that Christians who don't give 10% of cash income into the offering plate are robbing God.

6. The belief that anyone who does not speak in tongues is not filled with the Spirit.

Amen to both. I do believe in the IE doctrine as being "normative" but it is obvious there have been many exceptions to this throughout history.

As for your no. 5, many a preacher is going to answer to God for heaping condemnation of folks needlessly.
5/11/14 8:45 am

Post Re: Numerous? How many? caseyleejones
Casey, the ole timer aint even answerin such a question other than to say I am well acquainted with Hagins teachins, writins, Rhema school, magazine, impact on WOF teachin, influence on a generation of woffie preachers, etc. His hyper-woffie teachin is extrabiblical. It is error. In ever place Ive pastored Ive had to engage his (and other woffies teachins, i.e., Copeland, etc.) teachins. Ive had to show folk where it is in error and help correct that error with biblical balance.

Once again, you have evaded the question. So likely it is very little.
Acts-perienced Poster
5/11/14 12:35 pm

Post Re: Numerous? How many? Old Time Country Preacher
caseyleejones wrote:
Casey, the ole timer aint even answerin such a question other than to say I am well acquainted with Hagins teachins, writins, Rhema school, magazine, impact on WOF teachin, influence on a generation of woffie preachers, etc. His hyper-woffie teachin is extrabiblical. It is error. In ever place Ive pastored Ive had to engage his (and other woffies teachins, i.e., Copeland, etc.) teachins. Ive had to show folk where it is in error and help correct that error with biblical balance.

Once again, you have evaded the question. So likely it is very little.

Its a mite funny that the ole timer knows so much bout KennyHagSr/KennyHagJr/KennyCope to never have read any a the Kenny literature. Cool
Acts-pert Poster
5/11/14 2:14 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.