Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Ordination of women
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Randy Johnson Change Agent
Great Post! Like Button Laughing Acts Enthusiast
1/22/14 3:32 pm

Post Harold Beesley
Great post Randy!!

"Faith means belief in something concerning which doubt is theoretically possible." William James
1/23/14 11:14 pm

Post Pastor Randy Poimen
I was pretty well with you up until that very last paragraph. Was that for effect or fun? If not, then ...

Quote:
In Christ there is neither male or female just as their is neither slave or free. If we are to grow into maturity in Christ, then we need to arrive at the place where we no longer make distinctions among ourselves as servants of Christ on the basis of gender. This week we remembered the legacy of Martin Luther King and his fight for the rights of black people. Echoing that sentiment, I can hear the Lord say, "Let my women go!"

That is a problematic conclusion and application to make. No longer make distinctions among ourselves as servants of Christ on the basis of gender? Can we separate, in this life, our gender form our Christianity? Distinguish, yes. But separate? Can I be my wife's husband and NOT be my wife's husband in Christ? My children's father, but not my children's father in Christ? I won;t go the other places such a line of reasoning logically leads. But surely you must not mean what it seems by that declaration.

Salvation isn't a gender neutering experience after all. Gender neutral, yes. Gender neutering, no. Gender plays a role friend, even in the church, by God's design. Fighting that is not fighting cultural whims, but the created order for the sexes.

Singing: "Let us then be true and faithful -- trusting, serving, everyday. Just one glimpse of Him in glory will the toils of life repay."
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/24/14 7:02 am

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post I have avoided MS7777
this discussion for a variety of reasons:
a) this issue like many others (initial phsical evidence) has been debated here ad naseum
b) i'm on vacation
c) I just don't care anymore

but let me add this one item to your mix.
The Assemblies of God since its inception (1914 now celebrating our centennial) have ordained women for all levels of ministry and the sky has not fallen and we have grown worldwide to more than 65 million adherents. Just sayin....

BTW my wife is an ordained minister as well and one of the most godly, prophetic and sought after speakers in the AG and yet submitted to my leadership at home and in the church but I treat her as an equal. I have written extensively on the subject of women in ministry and studied it and find no basis for disallowing women in ministry. Context my friends, look at the context. ttfn
1/24/14 3:19 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.