Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

COG Missionary Jeanette Chesser passes to Glory (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post COG Missionary Jeanette Chesser passes to Glory (L) doyle
At around 1:15 AM December 9, COG Missionary Jeanette Chesser, daughter of a former COG General Overseer, passed from this life to be with the Lord Jesus she loved and cherished.

A link to a Facebook photo of her is at the end of the article. It was placed at the end in hopes our viewers would read and learn about this Hero-Of-The-Faith. Once on the Facebook page, please be sure to click on the large photo at the top of the page. Also, feel free to post your comments there.

After retiring from a bank in Florida and near the time when Communism fell apart in Russia, Jeanette began to hear of the many new open doors for the Gospel in the former Soviet Union. She sold her home and car and used the money to begin funding her mission efforts in Russia. Not sure about this but I think she went on her own without appointment or financial support other than of her own providing and small retirement.

Many of America's top preachers had gone to Russia and held meetings. Not being a preacher, Jeanette Chesser began working with the new COG churches in Russia helping them see the value of Children's Church. For most of them, having Children's Church was a rather new concept.

Since then, Sister Jeanette worked throughout Russia including some very, very remote areas. She was a massive encouragement to the new COG in Izchevsk, Russia which is nearly 30 hours by train from Moscow. Because of necessity, she often traveled alone and at other times was accompanied by Russian Christians.

She did far more than Children's Church but over time became an inspiration to our churches throughout Russia. Here's what one COG Russian minister said:

"She taught us how to pray... the very basics of Christian life and walk with the Lord, and Jeanette Chesser taught us more solid spiritual principles, how to hear and rely on the Holy Spirit."

Particularly in the winter, Russia can be a very difficult environment but even in the worst conditions, she persevered and as a result, new churches were opened and young ministers were raised up for the COG.

Due to increasing health situations, for the past couple of years Jeanette had to spend more time in the U.S. 80-year-old Chesser began having lung problems which caused her to be admitted to ICU in Ocala, Florida. In addition, there were heart problems which resulted in her passing from this life to Glory early on the morning of December 9.

Again, not sure of the funding she received as the years passed or if she was ever recognized as an official COG missionary. Don't know if she ever asked for that but at her retirement, instead of fading into the sunset of society and taking it easy, she chose to use what resources she had to do what she could on the front lines of evangelism.

Jeanette was not a strong person physically. She was fragile and at times frail and a whisp of a woman as far as size and strength. But there was a champion heart beating on the inside and she rose up, high above what most of us have the courage to do and went as far as she could with the resources available to her.

Sister Jeanette had at one time worked as a fashion model many years ago and she had that kind of presence about her. My wife Linda went to
Russia and stayed with and traveled with Jeanette for over a month. They
conducted seminars for women and did ministry to children.

As they entered one Russian city known to be a major Mafia stronghold, Jeanette told Linda, "While in this city you and I do not speak to each other in public. Our speaking English could draw the wrong kind of attention to us. This is not a safe place."

Late one night near that city, they ministered in a church that literally met underground and only at night. Hundreds of people were there.

Though Sister Jeanette was careful about not wearing too much makeup, she once told Linda, "I never go outside without 'putting my face on. I want to look my best when representing the Lord.' "

TODAY, Jeanette Chesser, a veteran of many years on the front lines, is face-to-face with Jesus. She had always loved the Lord since she was a little girl.

As she grew older, her marriage fell apart through no fault or desire of her own. She once told me, "I was traded in for a newer model and at my age I couldn't compete with a much younger woman. Though the end of my marriage broke my heart, I decided to continue on in life. Beyond whatever problem we're experiencing, there is more in life to do and to experience," she said.

One time when in Moscow, I accompanied Sister Jeanette to the bustling train station. It was cold and she had on an overcoat but even with the overcoat, she appeared tiny and vulnerable. And yet, off she was going on a 30-hour train ride to minister to some new COG members and try to help them get a solid footing in Scripture and in the COG.

I thought, "How amazing that God in all His magnificent Power and Glory has chosen to use this tiny woman to do such a wonderful work."

I asked if I could take a photo of her and she said "Yes." I'm looking through my photo files to find that photo because I believe it should be in the Pentecostal Research Library.

She boarded the train alone, turned and waved and away she went on a mission from God. In the past 20 years she spent much time alone but also time with her beloved friends throughout Russia. She sold her home in Florida to go to the mission field. While in Russia she lived alone in a tiny apartment.

TODAY, she has arrived at her ultimate destination. As she appears in that wonderful land where streets are paved with gold, the Lord Jesus may be saying, "Welcome Jeanette. I knew you were on the way and I've built a special Mansion just for you."

To see a photo of Sister Jeanette, go here https://www.facebook.com/okhotnikov and be sure to click on the large photo at the top of the page which shows her in Russia with special friends Illya Okhotnikov, his wife Angelica and their daughter.

Also, to learn even more about her, go here to: https://www.facebook.com/jeanette.chesser?fref=ts and there are numbers of photos of her ministering in Russia.

Doyle

Last edited by doyle on 12/12/13 5:04 pm; edited 12 times in total
Acts-celerate Owner
12/9/13 3:13 pm

Post renewal
I remember the day she told us that she was going to stay and work in Russia. It was an amazing statement.

Over the years she blessed the people, but that was her was it not?

My church supported her every month and we were looking forward to her dropping in for a visit.

I guess we will have to drop in
one day on her..

Well done Faithful heart...
Acts Enthusiast
12/9/13 3:25 pm

Post Cojak
renewal wrote:
I remember the day she told us that she was going to stay and work in Russia. It was an amazing statement.

Over the years she blessed the people, but that was her was it not?

My church supported her every month and we were looking forward to her dropping in for a visit.

I guess we will have to drop in
one day on her..

Well done Faithful heart...

Nice comment my friend. It gave me a good feeling.. Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/9/13 4:31 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.