Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Help Fellers, A Generational Curse Done Got the Ole Timer

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Help Fellers, A Generational Curse Done Got the Ole Timer Old Time Country Preacher
Hey, I got to thinkin bout this thing--generational curses an all--an it made me a mite curious bout some a ma own little habits. Fer instance, when the ole timer gits a head cold, hey, I got a habit a blowin ma nose. Its like I cant help maself or stop it. Ever single time ma nose gits to runnin an all, its automatic like, I grab a roll a Cottonelle an commence blowin ma nose.

Now, I got to wonderin why. So, the ole timer called his mother (yep, she is still a livin) an asked her a few questions. I wanted to be discreat an all, cause mother is a good Christian woman an I didn't want her to think her ole timer boy was a struggling with some kinda habit.

I got to askin bout ma ancesters: uncle clem, gran-pappy ole timer, great gran-pappy cephus, I mean the whole bunch. Mother took me back six genrations and the ole timer was flabbergasted. I could not believe it. I found out that ever single one a ma granpappys--six back--had the same habit a blowin their nose when they got a bad head cold. Mother could not explain it. I cant explain it. But...

But I guess Im gonna have to conceed an all. Bad as I hate to omit to it, I guess I was wrong. Them generational curses must be the real thing.
Acts-pert Poster
10/12/13 8:24 pm

Post bonnie knox
Well, maybe I can relieve your mind a little. Now you said you used Cottonelle. Your mother probably used a handkerchief, and, why, your great gran pappy Cephus, he probably just covered the other nostril with his finger and blew it on the ground. Now if this was a curse, you'd be doing it the same way he did it. Idea [Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/12/13 9:09 pm

Post Cojak
bonnie knox wrote:
Well, maybe I can relieve your mind a little. Now you said you used Cottonelle. Your mother probably used a handkerchief, and, why, your great gran pappy Cephus, he probably just covered the other nostril with his finger and blew it on the ground. Now if this was a curse, you'd be doing it the same way he did it. Idea

'at Bonnie is smart. But nasty about the one nostril thing. (I will admit to doing it out in the woods.)
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/12/13 9:56 pm

Post bonnie knox
I will admit to trying it as a kid. It really didn't work too well for me as I recall. Laughing [Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/12/13 10:23 pm

Post bonnie knox
The more I dwell on this (Lord help me), the more I'm leaning toward this being a learned behaviour. I have at times felt sorry for others of God's critters because they didn't know how to blow their noses. But little humans don't either--they either let it run, or else they sniffle. I was having the toughest time trying to motivate my little laid-back toddler to "blow, blow, blow." Then I read in a parenting magazine that kids who blew their noses got more sinus infections.
I wonder sometimes about these people who sound like they're blowing their brains out and also get frequent sinus infections.
We watched some kind of little film in school that advised against blowing too hard or blowing with one nostril closed. I believe the warning had to do with the effect on inside of your ears when you blow too hard. Anyway, that stuck with me.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/12/13 10:32 pm

Post If your nose offends you roughridercog
Lob it off Laughing Laughing
10/13/13 7:21 pm

Post Re: If your nose offends you Cojak
roughridercog wrote:
Shocked Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/13/13 7:44 pm

Post Re: If your nose offends you bonnie knox
roughridercog wrote:

Just don't cut it off to spite your face. Cool
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/13/13 9:33 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.