Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Let's have dialog about same-sex marriage
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Eddie Robbins
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Does everybody know that having sex with animals is wrong? If so, why?

From Wikipedia.....it is against the law in 37 states. I guess not everybody knows it's wrong. Good grief!

"As of 2012, having sex with animals is illegal in 37 U.S. states. Most of the individual anti-zoosexual state laws were created recently (between 1999 and 2012).[72] Until 2005, there was a farm near Enumclaw, Washington that was described as an “animal brothel”, where people paid to have sex with animals. After an incident on 2 July 2005, when a man was pronounced dead in the emergency room of the Enumclaw community hospital after his colon ruptured due to having been sodomized by a horse, the farm garnered police attention. The state legislature of the State of Washington, which had been one of the few states in the United States without a law against bestiality, within six months passed a bill making bestiality illegal.[73][74]"
Acts-pert Poster
4/8/13 11:14 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
The fact that a state may or may not have a law on the books is not the question that I asked.

The very same moral conscience which all people share, which tells them that having sex with animals is unnatural and wrong, stealing is wrong, lying is wrong, etc., likewise tells them that homosexual acts are unnatural and wrong. The anus is simply not designed as a copulatory orifice. Even medical science tells us anal sex is unhealthy and contrary to the way the body is designed.

Bible-quoting is not even necessary for this point. It's as plain as day to anyone who has not suppressed their own conscience.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/8/13 11:30 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Everybody knows that smoking and over eating is wrong too but most do not want a law to prohibit it. The fact that something is wrong is not always a reason for a law as evidenced by 13 states not having a law against sex with animals.

There are sodomy laws that are interesting:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodomy_laws_in_the_United_States
Acts-pert Poster
4/9/13 6:43 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Comparing homosex and gay marriage to overeating and smoking, while at first sounding quite witty, is as apples-to-oranges as can be. While obviously unhealthy, neither overeating nor smoking destroys the very foundation of all society--marriage. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/9/13 8:22 am

Post Eddie Robbins
You missed the comparison. It is not about what is worse it is about things we all know is wrong, yet, there is no law against it. Smoking and over eating are just two. Acts-pert Poster
4/9/13 8:51 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Everyone also knows there are different levels of severity of societal effects to moral issues; murder is more severe in its societal effects than simple hate, rape is more severe in its societal effects than simple lust, stealing is more severe in its societal effects than simply coveting, etc.

Smoking and overeating are unhealthy and best avoided, but neither are really able to be legislated against very easily, especially overeating. How would you propose we outlaw overeating and enforce good eating habits?

What gay marriage advocates are wanting is to change the very definition of marriage, the very fabric and foundation of any society. It is not even worthy of comparison.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/9/13 9:17 am

Post Eddie Robbins
Quote:
How would you propose we outlaw overeating and enforce good eating habits?

See, that is what you are attempting to do. Hijack this thread to say I am wanting to create a law against over eating. In fact, it is the opposite. I am not for creating laws against things that we all know is wrong. You are going WAY beyond the subject of this thread.

Other than the spiritual, how would legalizing same-sex marriage affect you?
Acts-pert Poster
4/9/13 9:31 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
I am not saying we should outlaw gay marriage. I am saying the definition of marriage should not be changed. To say it won't affect me is to say it won't affect society. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/9/13 9:40 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
I was not meaning to hijack the thread; I was responding rhetorically to your 'hijack' of your own thread, when you tried to compare homosexuality to overeating. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/9/13 9:45 am

Post Eddie Robbins
I didn't compare homosexuality to overeating. I was responding to you saying that we know what is wrong. I was simply saying that there are lots of things we know is wrong, yet, are not against the law. You are attempting to twist my words. That won't work. Acts-pert Poster
4/9/13 12:12 pm

Post mytimewillcome
Eddie Robbins wrote:
a man was pronounced dead in the emergency room of the Enumclaw community hospital after his colon ruptured due to having been sodomized by a horse

Thanks. Now I can never watch Mister Ed again

Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
4/9/13 9:38 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Of course! Acts-pert Poster
4/10/13 6:44 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.