Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

The AMAZING Church of God UNITY

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post The AMAZING Church of God UNITY doyle
Ever since there was a Church of God denomination, discussion on the issues has been nearly a continuous occurrence. All members and ministers of the Church of God have an open invitation to discuss issues they feel are important to the Church.

And then they're all given an invitation to attend the COG General Assembly held every two years and vote for those they feel will make good leaders and vote for or against the various items on the Agenda.

Oh yes, there is at times, not so often but at times, some heated discussions. Our people are passionate about their Church and what's best for it's future. Why? Because many of them have invested much of their life working to see it move forward. There may be some disagreement of opinion at times but almost never do I hear people talking down our Church or wishing it harm.

There are some who feel discussing an item of business, disagreeing with a proposed policy or decision, means people are against the Church.
In fact, almost all of the discussion in our Church comes from Saved, Sanctified, Holy-Ghost-filled ministers and members who have years of faithful service within the borders of our Church.

In all the years I've been a part of the Church of God, I have never met any person who wished it harm. I worked at General Headquarters for five years and every person I met there was dedicated and seeking to do all possible to help the Church grow and be effective.

Gracious. How many State and District meetings have I been in over the years and I can't think of one time or one person who was there unless they were concerned about doing their best and helping our Church move forward.

When some of our people share their heart and discuss issues, there are those who feel something must be wrong with the Church. Surely these discussions are trying to ferment rebellion or try to tear the Church down.

In all honesty, I don't think people who are against our Church hang around trying to rip it apart. It's those who love the boat they're riding in that take the time to patch it, paint it and plug up any holes that would cause it to sink.

It's a sure thing the Methodists, Baptists and Presbyterians aren't going to deal with situations facing our Church. It seems God has delegated that to us and it simply cannot be done without dialogue with each other.

Most of us know that in 1923 there was a split in our church and over the years much work has gone into bridging that gap. Both groups now recognize and respect each other kind of like Brothers from the same family.

For the most part, since 1923 there has been amazing unity in the COG.
Sure, some disagree every now and then on a policy endeavor but for the most part, agreement on the Declaration of Faith, Church teachings and even on the "Assembly Minutes," the UNITY is amazing.

For decades, other denominations have been at war with each other over whether Scripture is Inerrant, over ordaining homosexuals, over their clergy performing marriage ceremonies for gays and on and on.

In the Church of God, there is almost total UNITY on the Virgin Birth of Christ, the Bible as God's Holy Word, on the importance of living a holy life, of being Spirit-filled, on Water Baptism, on the Deity of Christ and that Speaking In Tongues if a valid experience for today.

There's been some debate if Speaking In Tongues is the "Initial Evidence" but few disagree that it is a New Testament experience valid today.

Nearly all of our people greatly enjoy preaching and singing together and worship and still pray for the sick.

That UNITY is not a regional thing but, North, South, East and West, the sum total of what we agree on is AMAZING.

The number of things we AGREE ON and the many things we practice together, in my opinion, makes our Church one of the most UNIFIED to be found.

I think allowing and encouraging respectful discussion and at times debate, serves us well. It may actually work kind of like the old-fashioned tea pot. When the temp inside got heated up, there was a little release valve which activated and let some of the pressure out.

It didn't let all the pressure out but just enough to keep things heated inside while not allowing it to blow apart.

So, if you see debate here on Actscelerate or at the General Assembly, it doesn't mean things are about to blow apart. It means we have decided to keep our UNITY, remain in fellowship while discussing and working through situations our Church is facing.

So, a few weeks from now when our Church officials open the Assembly, in the audience there will be some with various opinions about how things should be done and almost nobody will agree with everything, but our Church officials are blessed.

Spread out there before them in that vast audience, nearly 100 percent are UNIFIED in faith, worship and dedication wanting the very best for our Church.

Doyle
writedoyle@yahoo.com
7/10/12 3:46 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.