Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Determined to Stay in the "Red-Back" Past
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post bonnie knox
Look if I can pick out alto by ear, surely you can figure out the words at least to the chorus by the third time it's sung. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/18/12 5:18 pm

Post Re: I'll ask it here Ernie Long
InspiredHillbilly wrote:
You didn't get an answer because I don't live on here.. and only sign on from work....good grief, chill.

Are you saying I live on here? Check my post count to yours. I've been on here over a year and you have close to five times the amount of post I have and four threads on the front page.

I asked what seems to me to be a simple question, When the redback was introduced into the church, did people come against it then like what we see coming against worship music now?

I've got better things to do with what little time I do have than waste it here. Be blessed, I'll also add, if you knew me you would think I can be one cool dude, so I'm chillin
Acts Enthusiast
5/18/12 7:50 pm

Post Re: I'll ask it here krista
Ernie Long wrote:
InspiredHillbilly wrote:
You didn't get an answer because I don't live on here.. and only sign on from work....good grief, chill.

Are you saying I live on here? Check my post count to yours. I've been on here over a year and you have close to five times the amount of post I have and four threads on the front page.

I asked what seems to me to be a simple question, When the redback was introduced into the church, did people come against it then like what we see coming against worship music now?

I've got better things to do with what little time I do have than waste it here. Be blessed, I'll also add, if you knew me you would think I can be one cool dude, so I'm chillin

All I can say is that if Hilbilly only posts at work when he can do it during personal time, then he has a lot personal time.
As I have stated before, I believe him to just be a persona he created for himself, and he has a lot of people fooled. He is not what he appears.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
5/19/12 2:01 pm

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
As I have stated before, I believe him to just be a persona he created for himself, and he has a lot of people fooled. He is not what he appears.

He's not just a fake persona. He may pull a chain on occasion, but he is a real person with beliefs (or personal convictions) that put him in a small minority on this board.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/19/12 2:07 pm

Post krista
bonnie knox wrote:
Quote:

He's not just a fake persona. He may pull a chain on occasion, but he is a real person with beliefs (or personal convictions) that put him in a small minority on this board.

So you know this first hand?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
5/19/12 2:14 pm

Post p5harri
krista wrote:
bonnie knox wrote:
Quote:

You do know he was on this board before with a different name but the same beliefs.
I've seen his blogspot when he had one out there. He really believes what he says.
5/19/12 7:34 pm

Post georgiapath
p5harri wrote:
krista wrote:
bonnie knox wrote:
Quote:

You do know he was on this board before with a different name but the same beliefs.
I've seen his blogspot when he had one out there. He really believes what he says.

I thought I remembered him from before, but with another name.
Acts-dicted
5/20/12 5:12 am

Post Re: Random Thoughts About Music Bullseye77
Clint Wills wrote:
Bullseye77 wrote:

two, the songs will be sung, but without the same passion and anointing and it will never

I tend to disagree with this part. I lead worship at my church...and will be helping at our campmeeting some this year. We do mostly contemporary songs. We song a lot of Hillsong, Tomlin, Redman, and even Hillsong United (they're a more youth oriented segment of Hillsong Wink ). However, we also sing "How Great Though Art" and "It Is Well" pretty regularly along with "Amazing Grace". I think it is incredibly short-sited to assume that people would sing with less passion because the songs are older - and anointing is not something that just comes and goes.

Admittedly, if they actually have to hold books, that will hinder things because you can't clap, and you can only ever raise one hand. Not to mention your attention is toward the floor. But putting hymns in Media Shout doesn't make them any less hymns, does it?

You just had to pick something to disagree with, didn't you? lol Laughing Laughing
I was only speculating the outcome of the service, but it wasn't wild speculation. It was based on the outcome of another experiment in which the old songs were sung, some from the old convention books that we use to use. They were sung very well, but they didn't have the "oomph" of yesteryear. I am in hopes that this campmeeting service in South Georgia will engage a larger part of the congregation and will have great results. If it doesn't work that way, the experiment will probably not be tried again.
5/20/12 8:21 am

Post Daniel Rushing
Yes Krista. I have personally met Hillbilly, albeit just for a few minutes. I have friends in WNC who know him personally. He is who he says he is. And he believes what he says he believes. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
5/20/12 2:49 pm

Post Larry Wiley
Quote:
gnats

Now we know you are south of Macon Ga.
5/20/12 4:45 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.