Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Suicide is not self-murder! In bible class recently the
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post PastorJackson
very simple if and it is a big if you are in your right mind and not under drug side effects then its is easy you are not yours to begin with, you are bought by Jesus blood so your life is not yours so when you take it you have no right to it. That is murder so yes you go to hell. I remember a little something about,

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Seems cut and dried to me but silly me using the bible to prove a point and not a commentary what am I thinking? Wink
http://www.facebook.com/jackson.plant
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
6/17/11 9:26 am

Post Eddie Robbins
If a believer in Christ takes his/her life, he/she will go to Heaven based on the simple fact that they were a believer. The notion that one goes to hell for committing suicide comes from the same notion that if you happen to sin right before you die, you go to hell. How horrible it is for people to tell people that their loved ones who committed suicide went to hell. Shame on you for playing God. They are where they are based on their belief or non belief on Jesus alone and YOU do not know what that was. Acts-pert Poster
6/17/11 9:47 am

Post PastorJackson
Eddie Robbins wrote:
If a believer in Christ takes his/her life, he/she will go to Heaven based on the simple fact that they were a believer. The notion that one goes to hell for committing suicide comes from the same notion that if you happen to sin right before you die, you go to hell. How horrible it is for people to tell people that their loved ones who committed suicide went to hell. Shame on you for playing God. They are where they are based on their belief or non belief on Jesus alone and YOU do not know what that was.

Eddie I do not need to know, I see what the bible said about murders, there is NO time from the time the trigger is pulled to repent, so especially if they were a believer as I said earlier their life was not theirs to take once they gave it to Jesus they were bond servants or slaves. So please answer that before shaming us for a valid argument. Thanks.
http://www.facebook.com/jackson.plant
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
6/17/11 10:51 am

Post Eddie Robbins
I am not shaming you. I am shaming those who would tell a Mother that her child is burning in hell because they killed themselves. If you have done that, then, shame on you.

None of us have the right to judge one's final destination but God. We can guess, assume, speculate, etc. But we do NOT know. Only God knows. So, why tell a Mother that her child is in hell? It's shameful.
Acts-pert Poster
6/17/11 11:02 am

Post It's cut and dry to me... spartanfan
Eddie, I admire your compassion (you really do care about people) and applaud you for that.
Pastor Jackson - I admire your commitment to the teachings of Jesus.

It's a delicate subject. Recently one church nearby had a young adult commit suicide (reasons not determined) and a junior high student (parents going through divorce) kill himself within a 24 hour period. You have to wonder if they (being ingrained in the "church culture") thought they were sending their soul to Hell or if they thought that suicide is forgiven and is a way to get to Heaven quicker.

Job said, "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away..." I think that if God gives life then it is wrong to murder someone thus ending their life - even if it's your own. I think it is a sin (violation of the known will of God) to do so. I think we need to teach that because it is truth. I also think that we need to teach that only sins confessed can be forgiven (based on 1 John 1:9 and other Scriptures)... I think we need to teach those things because they are true. To teach otherwise could be the justification for suicide for someone who is extremely distraught. If it is a quicker way to Heaven - the Dr. Kevorkian was doing folks a favor wasn't he? I think those who teach the Gospel need to teach the truth and "let the chips fall where they may." It's things like this that cause us to really search the Scriptures knowing that the teachers "shall receive the greater condemnation" if their opinions/teachings are in error and become a stumblingblock to others.
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
6/17/11 11:58 am

Post kmann1
PastorJackson wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:
If a believer in Christ takes his/her life, he/she will go to Heaven based on the simple fact that they were a believer. The notion that one goes to hell for committing suicide comes from the same notion that if you happen to sin right before you die, you go to hell. How horrible it is for people to tell people that their loved ones who committed suicide went to hell. Shame on you for playing God. They are where they are based on their belief or non belief on Jesus alone and YOU do not know what that was.

Eddie I do not need to know, I see what the bible said about murders, there is NO time from the time the trigger is pulled to repent, so especially if they were a believer as I said earlier their life was not theirs to take once they gave it to Jesus they were bond servants or slaves. So please answer that before shaming us for a valid argument. Thanks.

So you are implying that a bullet travels faster than God's grace?
Friendly Face
6/17/11 12:55 pm

Post Sucide 4golf
What is repentance? The Greek word Metanoia, it is derived from the Meta, meaning""After"" mean a change and nous, meaning "Mind". thus meaning a change of mind. That is why you cannot sin and then repentant! That is not a change! Jesus said in Revelation 22:15 ""Outside"" are dogs, and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie. Eddie, let me give abother scenario: A 18 year old star jock at a high school sticks a 44 magnum to his head and pulls the trigger. The preacher preaches his furneral says, It is ordained from God for him to die this way.Two weeks later another person who was at that furneral sees all the out pour and attention decides he is going to do the same thing, the preacher said his friend is in heaven now, no pain not going problems and he kills him self.This really happen to people I personally know! I will take the so called shame of man other than living the rest of my life and know that that other young mans Blood is on my hands, and one other important thing, Going before the Lord Jesus on Judgment day trying to explain why I went against His Holy Word! Read Revelation 22:18 God ask me to preach His Word and not to add to it or take away from it! Be Blessed Bound By Beaulah
6/17/11 5:29 pm

Post kmann1
Sometimes it's ok to say I don't know. Friendly Face
6/17/11 6:11 pm

Post Re: On dying after sinning... Clint Wills
Tom Sterbens wrote:
Clint Wills wrote:
For me, by the time I got to a point of committing suicide I would have had to be listening to Satan for so long and following his guidance for such a period that I believe I would absolutely be on my way to Hell.
But, like Paul, I am aware that in many matters we see through a glass darkly and perhaps we would be well served to approach those matters with a little less dogma.

Just some thoughts....

And this is why I ended my post with:

Quote:
I am not giving a final and definitive answer as to whether or not suicide automatically condemns you to Hell...I'll find that out in eternity. These have just been my thought on it.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/17/11 7:44 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
4golf....there are scenarios that all of us can talk about. Each one with their own needs. NONE of them include telling a Mother that her son went to hell. Even if God Almighty showed you a vision of the son in hell, you should have some mercy and not make her grieve. It is shameful. If you feel good about judging, go ahead and make yourself feel good while you make the Mother feel like you know what. Acts-pert Poster
6/17/11 10:33 pm

Post Sucide 4golf
I will post one last time on this. So many people think that everything in the Word of God is suppose to be nice and smooth. Some times in the 66 Books the Word is hard! God still called those who He has called to preach His Word to do that, To preach the good, the bad and the ugly. Dr. Mark Rutland said something years ago that when I heard him say it burned into me like a hot iron, "If you are going to preeach on hell, you better preach it with tears in your eyes". I tell the people the Word of God! That is what I go by! I don't go by what Church of God, Assembly of God, C.H., baptist, ect. Eddie, my last post in Rev. 22 tells us plainly murders will "Not" be in heaven". I talked about repentance means. I will not take the Joel Osteen way out, "ie" Larry King. The Word of God will make some glade, some sad, some mad. If you can't accept that stay out of the pulpit. Dr. Vance Havner said three important characteristics.1# the heart of a child 2# the mind of a scholar 3# the hid of a rhinocerous. He said if you don't have them don't step into the pulpit! You have not been called by God! Be Blessed Bound By Beaulah
6/18/11 8:35 am

Post Eddie Robbins
It reminds me of what Fred Phelps would do, not Jesus. I can't imagine Jesus being that mean. I wonder why I hang around such mean people sometimes. I seriously need to do some soul searching. I think I am hanging with the wrong crowd if this is how people think here. Acts-pert Poster
6/18/11 8:59 am

Post Re: Sucide kmann1
4golf wrote:
I will post one last time on this. So many people think that everything in the Word of God is suppose to be nice and smooth. Some times in the 66 Books the Word is hard! God still called those who He has called to preach His Word to do that, To preach the good, the bad and the ugly. Dr. Mark Rutland said something years ago that when I heard him say it burned into me like a hot iron, "If you are going to preeach on hell, you better preach it with tears in your eyes". I tell the people the Word of God! That is what I go by! I don't go by what Church of God, Assembly of God, C.H., baptist, ect. Eddie, my last post in Rev. 22 tells us plainly murders will "Not" be in heaven". I talked about repentance means. I will not take the Joel Osteen way out, "ie" Larry King. The Word of God will make some glade, some sad, some mad. If you can't accept that stay out of the pulpit. Dr. Vance Havner said three important characteristics.1# the heart of a child 2# the mind of a scholar 3# the hid of a rhinocerous. He said if you don't have them don't step into the pulpit! You have not been called by God! Be Blessed

Just curious to where you think Samson and King Saul ended up?

Remember sometimes it is ok to say "I don't know".
Friendly Face
6/18/11 9:58 am

Post Kman1 4golf
As where King Saul is heaven or hell the Word of God tells us plainly. 1 Samuel 16:14 The spirit of the LORD departed from Saul! I believe the same for Samson Judges 16:20 "To me the most scary Scripture in the 66 Books of Gods Word. I will go out a before, at other times, and shake myself free! ""BUT"" he did not know that the LORD had departed from him. I base what I believe what I preach "SOULY" on the Word of God. The Word never tells us either one of these men were restored. Samson wanted revenge for the taking of his eyes! King Saul went to soothsayer, the very people when he was first King under trhe annointing of God, he ran out of the country. I don't teach or preach on my opion! My opion want buy you a coke! People will not be judged by my opion! We will only be judged by what the Word of God says! That is the problem today in alot of the pulpits, people preaching opions! Be Blessed Bound By Beaulah
6/18/11 11:20 am

Post Eddie Robbins
Quote:
That is the problem today in alot of the pulpits, people preaching opions!

Quote:
under trhe annointing of God

There are other problems also.
Acts-pert Poster
6/18/11 11:28 am

Post Kingdom of God V. Kindom of Heaven caseyleejones
Is there a difference in the kingdom of God and Kingdom of heaven.

A myriad of scripture seems to make a difference between the two ideas. Jesus talking about the kingdom in you now and that we are to seek the kingdom would seem to imply something now. I read from a jewish writers perspective that there are times in Matthew, as to not offend the jews, he wrote kingdom of heaven which should have been kingdom of God.

My point being is that one poster quoted

Gal 5:19-21 KJV Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, (20) Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, (21) Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

So, with a single scriptural lance, we paint a broad brush by saying those who sin lose their salvation. But wait...no, some would have us to believe a proper greek interpretation or finding the right bible or someones blog tells us it would be those "practicing" such. Now I got it....(tongue in cheek here.. Smile )

Whoa, Paul put envying up there with murder. Yet, most here are preaching or posting heresy...according to other posters.... I would further add that no one envies here.

Therefore, we must regularly inform people who call themselves by Christs name that they should not sin; they could instantly lose their salvation because we all know that we must keep people in fear so they won't walk away. A good message on hell will bring people bring people to the altar before talking about Gods goodness. OH, almost forgot, tell them the story of where you preached a Holy Ghost message and 4 youth chose not to come forward during the altar call but later got killed in a car wreck that night....Its amazing how many preachers have had this personal experience....REGARDLESS, scare them I tell you, its the only way to get them there all 3 services! Wink

Back to serious....just maybe..could it be...that christians do not necessarily walk in kingdom principles that comes with being born again? I know a good many christian people who live hell on earth due to poor choices but will make heaven? I know of a particular person right now who loves God but just a mess spiritually/physically, emotionally and not walking in what was provided for her here on earth but have no doubt she is saved.

Could it be that if we habitually speed, constantly fly off the handle, say things we should not say.these are sins.....could it be that we forfeit quality life or kingdom living here and make still make it to heaven
Acts-perienced Poster
6/18/11 11:47 am

Post I think he meant onions.... caseyleejones
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Quote:
That is the problem today in alot of the pulpits, people preaching opions!

Quote:
under trhe annointing of God

There are other problems also.

wait...that still makes no sense....
Acts-perienced Poster
6/18/11 11:50 am

Post two much time their on the golfe corse caseyleejones
Quote:
As where King Saul is heaven or hell the Word of God tells us plainly.

?????

Quote:
1 Samuel 16:14 The spirit of the LORD departed from Saul! I believe the same for Samson Judges 16:20 "To me the most scary Scripture in the 66 Books of Gods Word. I will go out a before, at other times, and shake myself free! ""BUT"" he did not know that the LORD had departed from him.

scary?

Quote:
I base what I believe what I preach "SOULY" on the Word of God.

do you really mean souly or soley? If you mean souly, that would mean mind, will, emotions....which are many times at odds with the Word of God

Quote:
I don't teach or preach on my opion! My opion want buy you a coke! People will not be judged by my opion!

What the heck?..My onion wants to buy you a coke? People will not be judged by onions?(try kissing your wife when you eat one)

Quote:

We will only be judged by what the Word of God says! That is the problem today in alot of the pulpits, people preaching opions! Be Blessed

Who's preaching onions...Tom, Travis, Eddie, NBF....who?
Acts-perienced Poster
6/18/11 11:59 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.