Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Should Christian Women Dress Sexy?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post The strict Constructionis
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Who gets to decide these things? If the sister says that is more comfortable to wear a bikini while washing her car because it is hot outside and she says she doesn't want to mess up other clothes, what will you do then? She says her heart is in the right place, are you satisfied? Who gets to judge her heart?

Why is it the preacher's business what somebody wears in their own yard? How far does this go? How much control do you need?

It's not an issue of "control". It's an issue of discipleship, ESPECIALLY if they are a leader. No, we can't force them, nor is that desired or thought of. But we can lovingly admonish them. We are scripturaly commanded to do so. A little leaven leavens the whole lump.

Look at what Jesus said in Rev 2:20 when he told the church leaders "you have ALLOWED that woman Jezebel to teach my people to commit fornication". That didn't just happen overnight. It was gradual.

Someone let their guard down. The standard began to slip. The leaders did not do their job. It probably started out with showing off those sexy pictured they were so proud of on Face Book. The concerned saints were told not to "judge".
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
4/26/11 7:56 pm

Post My wife says... diakoneo
I had a conversation with my wife about this subject. My wife grew up in a Baptist church, a liberal Baptist church at that. I think she is very perceptive in these things. She wears pants (not tight), make up (not a whole lot) and yes she "bobs her hair," but she is modest in her dress. I asked her why did she fill that women did this. Her short answer although there was more detail to it was "to get attention." If you think about it that answer goes for a lot of "flesh" things we see, both male and female.

I think you can go the other extreme and do the same thing. Like those pics Travis posted. I mean come on, reckon they will draw some attention, just a different kind.

Quote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Quote:
We no longer feel compelled to be a separate people, but because of the "culture", we must somehow fit in

If we want to be separate people.....love your neighbor as yourself. Love the Lord with all your heart, mind, soul and strength. Turn the other cheek. Love one another. Do GOOD to those who persecute you. Love your enemies. Take care of the widows.

THOSE are the things that separate us from the world, NOT what we wear.

Eddie if we love our neighbor we won't parade in front of them half naked inciting lust, that is far from the love God is speaking of. If we would do good we would be careful to not cause to stumble.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
4/26/11 8:26 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Quote:
Eddie if we love our neighbor we won't parade in front of them half naked inciting lust, that is far from the love God is speaking of. If we would do good we would be careful to not cause to stumble.

There are LOTS of things we "would" do that we don't. I can make a list.
Acts-pert Poster
4/26/11 8:36 pm

Eddie Robbins wrote:
Quote:

Very true Eddie. We certainly can't get holiness "down to a science" and make it all about clothes.

Diakoneo's wife was on to something about some people "wanting attention'. Pride is the root of all sin.
4/26/11 8:55 pm

Post diakoneo
Quote:

It seems it should not be to hard for folks that have been redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ, who died for us on Calvary and shed abroad His love in our hearts to love each other...
4/26/11 8:57 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Quote:
It seems it should not be to hard for folks that have been redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ, who died for us on Calvary and shed abroad His love in our hearts to love each other...

Ain't that the truth. Makes you wonder about all the mess we've seen in the church all these years. I could make another list. Very Happy

That's why there are a bunch of little churches of the same denomination in small towns. They can't even get along to go to church together much less love their enemies. But, back to sexy dress.....more interesting.
Acts-pert Poster
4/26/11 9:06 pm

Post diakoneo
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Quote:

Ain't that the truth. Makes you wonder about all the mess we've seen in the church all these years. I could make another list. Very Happy

That's why there are a bunch of little churches of the same denomination in small towns. They can't even get along to go to church together much less love their enemies. But, back to sexy dress.....more interesting.

I guess I didn't explain what I was saying...Christian women who are dressing sexy are not loving their brothers and sisters in the Lord, now that is about as plain as I can get it Wink

Neither are men who dress to provoke to lust (equal time here or I will get verbally chastised Rolling Eyes )
4/26/11 9:24 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
IMHO, Christian women who dress in a provocative way are trying to get attention. Perhaps there are some self-esteem issues and they want attention, or perhaps they are too confident and just want to show off. Their thing is not to try to make others sin but just to turn a few heads and get some attention. They like the power it gives them.

If it's a church issue (somebody on the praise team or in another area of leadership), it needs to be dealt with. The best approach would likely be getting a very tactful female to have a private chat with her.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/26/11 11:43 pm

Post Poimen
Carolyn Smith wrote:
IMHO, Christian women who dress in a provocative way are trying to get attention. Perhaps there are some self-esteem issues and they want attention, or perhaps they are too confident and just want to show off. Their thing is not to try to make others sin but just to turn a few heads and get some attention. They like the power it gives them.

If it's a church issue (somebody on the praise team or in another area of leadership), it needs to be dealt with. The best approach would likely be getting a very tactful female to have a private chat with her.

Indeed, let the older women teach the younger ... Wink

Singing: "Let us then be true and faithful -- trusting, serving, everyday. Just one glimpse of Him in glory will the toils of life repay."
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/27/11 1:48 am

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Carolyn Smith wrote:

Excellent post !!
4/27/11 12:36 pm

Post Not necessarily otium sanctum
I heard of a woman who had her bust augmented. It seems that she began wareing her blouses just a little bit more open. ONe of the older women made a reference about to her. and that it may not be best for her or the church. The lady got mad and has lead her entire family out of the church and that family had blessed the church financially. Friendly Face
4/28/11 12:20 am

Post Re: Not necessarily diakoneo
otium sanctum wrote:
I heard of a woman who had her bust augmented. It seems that she began wareing her blouses just a little bit more open. ONe of the older women made a reference about to her. and that it may not be best for her or the church. The lady got mad and has lead her entire family out of the church and that family had blessed the church financially.
Some folks just will not take council, doesn't mean council was wrong, just unreceived and in some cases resented. It is always important also to speak the truth in LOVE. Not saying that didn't happen in this case, but wisdom and discernment by the Holy Spirit has to be used.
4/28/11 8:41 am

Post Re: Not necessarily Link
otium sanctum wrote:
The lady got mad and has lead her entire family out of the church and that family had blessed the church financially.

If someone's family gives a lot of money, should they be allowed to show a bit more skin?

Just being ironic here.
4/28/11 2:18 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.