Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Is Freemasonry Harmless?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Freemasonry Harmless?
Yes, it's harmless.
13%
 13%  [ 8 ]
No, it's not harmless.
63%
 63%  [ 37 ]
It's harmless to a certain "degree". (No pun intended)
13%
 13%  [ 8 ]
Harmless to some, but not to others.
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Other. (Post your "other" below.)
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 58

Message Author
Post sgapoboy Bullseye77
sgapoboy wrote:
there has been much writen about Freemasonry by a lot of different people. many different opinions. some true some false. just as there has been a lot of different versions of the bible writen. so take what you like and leave the rest. as servants heart has so explained, i have never been wronged by a master mason. i wish i could say that about my christian bro and sisters.

You just haven't run across the right master mason. I've been"wronged" by a master mason. And I know some who even fight one another and have been feuding for years.
Why couldn't you be as defensive of your Christian brothers and sisters as you are the masons? Methinks there is more to the message than meets the eye.
5/5/06 8:47 pm

Post Re: bullseye Bullseye77
sgapoboy wrote:
wouldn't you like to receive all the gifts of the spirit. after you are saved couldn't this be considered more light.

Quite possible, but it all comes from Jesus, now doesn't it?
5/5/06 8:49 pm

Post sgapoboy
bullseye, yes i agree Friendly Face
5/5/06 8:52 pm

Post bullseye sgapoboy
I love my church, i love the cog, i also love my christian bro and sisters. but the statement i made is true, as much as i hate to admit it. Friendly Face
5/5/06 8:58 pm

Post wow ... 77 percent! 3 out of 4 people .. Rafael D Martinez
view Freemasonry is harmful.

There must be a reason why ... and the reasons have been named!

raf

Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? Galatians 4:16

These are trying times. Everyone's trying something and getting caught. The Church Lady, 1987
Acts-dicted
11/12/06 8:19 am

Post Poimen
I come from a family and community with deep roots in the Masonic Lodge, the Eastern Star, and the Shriner's. My grandfather is a 31st degree Mason.

The Lodge, in spite of it's good deeds and religious overtones of Christian virtue, in actual practices violates and opposes the teaching of Scripture.

It requires the swearing of an oath, to secrecy (the act itself is wrong, even if it is not held sacred by those who take it). Both of which, in this context, are condemned by Scripture. Further the oaths themselves require a pledge to bodily harm, mutilation, and death. This is in direct opposition to the biblical view regarding life, among other things.

It supposes that those who are candidates of membership need he "light of free masonry". This directly opposes the truth of Scripture that Jesus is the Light of the world, that fellowship with Him is all sufficient, and that in addition to scripture the teaching, structure, and forms of masonry are needed in order to become fully enlightened.

This compares strongly with the mystery religions of Paul's day.

Masonry, in practice (even if not in public statements and relations) shows respect of persons. (i.e. helping cover a wrong, gain a promotion improperly, etc. due to the "brotherhood" and 'fellowship" as lodge members).

The Lodge, though on lower levels not as openly so, is a sort of unitarian religion. The lodge believes itself to be the receptacle of all religious truth, and the union of men and creed in and through the Lodge. IN America it is common in the blue lodge to see/hear of bible readings, Christian profession, beliefs, and views, etc. But to the Lodge, there is some truth in all religions, their respective teachers, and it's scriptures. The lodge puts all such sacred figures and writings on the same level (and at the same time, lifts itself above them all, as the supremer umbrella and means of unification). It holds the Koran as equal to the bible, Hinduism as a valid expression of truth equal to that of Christianity, of Buddha, Moses, and Krishna as equal with Jesus. IT is a false religion, an anti-Christian religion, even if some Christian under the guise and deceit of good works and just "not knowing" may temporarily find themselves in the lodge.

Consider that per Pike, in Morals & Dogma, Lucifer is the god of masonry.

This is just a brief mention of some of the more notable reasons why Masonry is directly opposed to the Christian faith and why Christians have no business being in the Lodge.

Singing: "Let us then be true and faithful -- trusting, serving, everyday. Just one glimpse of Him in glory will the toils of life repay."
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/12/06 8:51 am

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post Check Out This Testimony Daniel Rushing
I visited a dear saint of God man, who was late in his years. At one time he was a Mason. He was a Christian (Baptist), and he visited our little of COG when I was just a kid. He fell in love with Pentecost, and wanted to join our church. He shared with me part of his testimony.

Now this man was HIGH in Masonry, like 33rd degree. And he showed us all his garb that he had at his house. And this secret coin he got when he reached the high rank that he did. Anyway, the pastor of our COG growing up would not let him join. For weeks this man came, and every Sunday, after church, him and the pastor would be in a Sunday School room arguing scripture. But the pastor would not budge.

So this dear saint began to pray. He felt no reason to leave the Masons, but so desperately wanted to join the COG. He shared with us, that one night, while he was asleep, he was awakened by a shaking. His whole bed was shaking. And a voice, unlike anything of this world, spoke and said "Get Out!". That's all it said. He knew he had heard from God, that next week he left the Masons, and joined the COG. He said he never looked back, there was no question in his mind that it was dead wrong, and very dangerous.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
4/12/08 9:10 pm

Post Re: My Father Belongs To Them ILTCOG
BV COG wrote:
But he only pays his dues and that's about it, doesn't attend any meetings or anything like that, even recently stopped put their stickers on his cars too.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

You cannot serve God and man!!!!
4/19/09 4:58 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic