Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Is it a sin to drink a glass of wine?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is it a sin to drink a glass of wine?
Yes.
16%
 16%  [ 14 ]
No.
80%
 80%  [ 69 ]
Only if you are a Pastor, Overseer, etc.
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
If you are a Deacon, Elder, Pastor, etc.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I abstain from voting.
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 86

Message Author
Post Re: "It can be" should have been an option 1freewaylunatic
[quote="acentoimportante"]"It can be" should have been an option[/quote

agreed
Hey, DOC
2/2/06 10:31 am

Post singasong
just a question.... why can I not vote in this forum??.... Friendly Face
7/30/06 9:34 pm

Post shaunbwilson
singasong wrote:
just a question.... why can I not vote in this forum??....

Oops! That was my fault. This is fixed now. Please feel free to vote.
9/12/06 3:23 pm

Post Waambulance Man
How big is the glass? Hey, DOC
10/18/06 9:40 am

Post juice box
i think that it is a huge blow to a witness!!!!!!

Marching on for BV his legend will never die
Friendly Face
10/18/06 9:44 am

Post POSTMASTER22
I think it is a sin if you are convicted of it and are not at peace with it ....But it is wrong for you to tell everyone else it is a sin if they are not convicted of it.....

Make any sense ?

Personally I have not drank and alcohol since I have been saved, God knew that it was a factor in my life and heart that was wrong and he handled that along with smoking . When I left that alter after pouring my heart out I had smoked at least half a pack before I went in that place and when I came out I promise you I tried to light that smoke and nearly tossed a major organ and I have never smoked again and I was a smoker since I was 12 ( I had a very bad childhood), I was also a heavy drinker I mean daily I was drinking it was like iced tea to me and so when that Sunday came that I begged God to fix my broken life I laid all that caused it to be broken where I prayed and never picked it up again. SO PRAISE GOD for helping me see that for ME it is a sin and give me the lack of desire to do it any more. What an amazing God we have that he can in a second remove all my sins and desire to sin away.......Hallelujah WOOOOHOOOOOO I was set free and never looked back to that pleasure to be filled in my life......

(sorry got a little excited I love that about God he just flows and flows )
Friendly Face
10/31/06 8:50 am

Post how long does it take juice box
to ruin a witness? a split second and what if you just decided to sit down and kick back at home and have your glass of wine. Then a knock at the door a new member or a friend whichever from church, an alcoholic before he got saved, is struggling to not take a drink that night and needs your help. You invite him in and he see a wine bottle and a half glass of that wine on the table next to your recliner. What do you hand him a glass and say lets just relax and talk about your problem.

Marching on for BV his legend will never die
Friendly Face
10/31/06 10:07 am

Post Poimen
I am a teetotaler. But your arguments are not solid. They assume that because it could have a negative effect it must be abstained from. That is not what Paul teaches us. he teaches us not to let our good (thing) be evil spoken of. If we see or find a setting where our otherwise acceptable conduct before God leads a brother to stumble into sin, we should out of love for Him and the Lord abstain. But that does not presuppose abstaining form anything and everything that could possibly cause someone to stumble.

I just don't think your argument is a sound biblical approach to the subject versus the teaching of Scripture on the use and/or abuse of Christian liberty.

Singing: "Let us then be true and faithful -- trusting, serving, everyday. Just one glimpse of Him in glory will the toils of life repay."
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/31/06 10:10 pm

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post Dr Jaideep
What if I countered that by asking "What is SIN ?" in the original question. so based on your definition and understanding of sin I can decide if that is good or bad, again both parameters are in my opinion subjective in nature. So where is the yardstick ? Newbie
10/5/07 2:00 pm

Post Shaun usually you are pretty thorough TimFulmer
I would have liked the option "Only if you are a Priest"...
Luke 16:10-12 Those who are faithful in the least.. ... If ye are not faithful with money, who will trust you with true riches? If ye are not faithful with what is another man's, who shall give you that which is your own?
Friendly Face
10/9/07 8:13 am

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post We are Priests... TimFulmer
Priests are forbidden "wine or strong drink"...

If you're not a priest.... you're not saved anyway so... no harm done...
Luke 16:10-12 Those who are faithful in the least.. ... If ye are not faithful with money, who will trust you with true riches? If ye are not faithful with what is another man's, who shall give you that which is your own?
Friendly Face
10/23/07 12:27 pm

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post Re: We are Priests... macgulley
TimFulmer wrote:
Priests are forbidden "wine or strong drink"...

If you're not a priest.... you're not saved anyway so... no harm done...

Where might I find that prohibition in the Bible?
10/23/07 1:27 pm

Post Stay Strong
I believe that Christians can be hypocritical in this. Will say that one drink is a sin, but have no problem bragging about cleaning out a Denny's buffet. I've seen 300 lb preachers preach against any, even a small shot, of wine. I rarely ever have a glass and when I do it's when the wife and I are alone at a restaurant 100 miles from home and even then only one glass. Maybe 4-6 ounces. This may happen once a year. Friendly Face
10/31/07 10:25 pm

Post Colored Butterbean
We went to a Black Church and we were given a goblet with wine in it. It was the real stuff.
I looked at my members and said this is the real stuff.
But when it came time to take commuion, I drank it all.
When in Rome, do as the Romans do.
I think from now on, we need to do as the Romans do in our church.
We already act like we do and we've been accused of it.
Cause we get down with our bad selves when we have church.
We ain't no dead dry church.
1/15/09 12:18 pm

Post Wade Hinson
I think if we emphasized true sins instead of making up our own for everyone else to follow we would all be better off. I personally find nothing wrong with a glass of wine, however because I am a member of the COG I can't partake. What I would find funny is for the GA to make a statement about overeating and adding that to the AOF lol Acts Enthusiast
2/21/09 11:43 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic