Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Cancelling Sunday night services
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post prefontaine
Quote:
If Sunday night is so important, then why do churches cancel Sunday night services on Easter, Christmas, Father's & Mother's Day? Just wondering.

You forgot Super Bowl Sunday (aka Father's Day 2)
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/10/07 3:11 pm

Post Why Not Hillbilly
All this talk about not having Sun Nite service makes me wonder why not have service. In the Am service we will have 165, in the Pm service we have 150 .

Our Sunday Night are great people from some of the churches that are not having services in PM are coming to our church and staying.

Every place is different.
Friendly Face
4/11/07 9:54 am

Post You know what? roughridercog
We'll all do what we feel like doing anyway?
4/11/07 6:08 pm

Post I'm gonna Do Something Emergent With Sunday Services BV COG
But I don't know just wha they do yet?

Acts-dicted
4/12/07 10:35 am

Post onetruegod
[quote="juice box"]I would rather not have service on Sunday night because I am very busy during the week and at the church 2 or 3 times every week anyway. Just would be nice to spend it with my Wife and kids and my friends. I love church but when you work all week it would be nice to have a break on that night[/quote]

I think this is more the reason that Sunday PM services are becoming less popular and a thing of the past. The time we live in is much different than things used to be. It takes both parents working crazy just to make the ends meet (And this is not extravagant living - it's just that the normal cost of living is so high). Then Saturday's are spent doing chores and running errands, getting the weekly groceries, etc.... They come to church for Wed service and some for weekly choir rehearsal or other things, the church on Sunday morning, and by Sunday night they are exhausted and need some down time and family time. I am a big believer in God, family, then church. Relationship is not the same thing as church or ministry, etc... If the family core is stressed then Satan has us all in a very vulnerable state. He already has attacked the family unit in so many ways. So people not attending on Sunday nights is not an issue that needs to be fixed in their hearts, or because they don't care. They are simply worn out. And for those who want to complain, If they spent as much time in prayer, and listening, to God as they do complaining, maybe God could give them a heart of understanding and compassion. Just my thoughts.
Friendly Face
7/29/07 1:58 am

Post Our Sunday PM is Growing trulyiamnormal
There is growth on Sunday night.

We started with single digits for attendance now in a years time we are averaging mid to upper 40's.

We are experiencing powerful services and we are ministering to those that can't make it Sunday am's due to job schedules
Hey, DOC
9/17/07 12:19 pm

Post Never Had it so we don't have to cancel it Colored Butterbean
23 years of pastoring we never had Sunday pm services, so we haven't had to cancel. We stay long enough on Sunday, you know how other people got to get out at 12 noon and make it to the resturants, our members are happy to stay as long as needed. We go to enjoy God and not to get to the places to eat. But when we do go to the resturants, we enjoy fellowship and food with our members.
I would like for someone to tell me, where in the Bible does it say we have to have 2 services on Sunday.
This is something man made up, not God.
1/14/09 7:15 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic