Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

were there any female apostles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post curly
Getting back to my original question, I am not referring to a title. I am referring to an office or position that has been given by Jesus to the church. You wouldn't want me or Moe or Larry operating on you, would you? nuck, nuck, nuck. Acts Enthusiast
11/1/08 10:29 pm

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post Re: curly - you didn't answer my question Rafael D Martinez
curly wrote:
Rafael D Martinez wrote:
MayB2Day wrote:
I asked you for scriptural support for your position. You did not provide it.

You gave me an opinion:

Quote:
There is a major difference than being called to the office of one of the 5 fold ministry gifts. Eph. chapter 4 is a good place to read.

Again, where do you get that? To begin with the way your statement is worded doesn't make sense.

I know what Ephesians 4 says. But, who is to say that a Sunday School teacher would not be gifted as a pastor/teacher? Why wouldn't a prison ministry worker not be gifted as an evangelist?

That is one of the common fallacies in the teaching on the five fold ministry. It is a ministry model drawn from Scripture but there's no Scripture to support the belief that they have a "greater anointing" or some greater level of spiritual power that puts them on this exalted level of spirituality which makes them authoritative sources of leadership above question. It is precisely at this point that 5 fold ministry models become wide open for the well known abuses of power that they have exhibited .. because those who follow them simply submit to their authority, no matter what it does, says or leads them.

If there is any greater anything for the five fold minister, it's responsibility for their actions, which is something the Bible says a lot about .. and which the fivefold DON'T ..

Do you not believe in apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers???

I certainly do. I don't believe 90 % of what is taught about them nowadays.

Suggest you visit our website articles on the fivefold ministry abuses we've had to deal with .. you'll get a bead on what I'm saying.

Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? Galatians 4:16

These are trying times. Everyone's trying something and getting caught. The Church Lady, 1987
Acts-dicted
11/7/08 1:24 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic