Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

***A Prophetic Message to the Church of God*** (L)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Travis, You Have A Double Standard (IMHO) mytwocents
Check your posts. You accused those who question the prophecy and/or prophet of "not having stones"; I would call that name calling.
I tell you that you are whining and you go off.

Please son, grow up.
Acts-celerater
3/7/08 4:52 pm

Post Re: Travis, You Have A Double Standard (IMHO) Travis Johnson
mytwocents wrote:
Check your posts. You accused those who question the prophecy and/or prophet of "not having stones"; I would call that name calling.
I tell you that you are whining and you go off.

Please son, grow up.

Re: not having stones

Is he a false prophet? Am I expressing faux spirituality? Is Matt being disobedient to the Holy Spirit? Between you, youngbishop, and spartanfan, those were the accusations hurled from behind bushes of anonymity.

I wouldn't tolerate a false prophet as the chair of the Bible and Theology Dept. at Lee. So, yes. Where are your stones? What are you going to do about it? The answer would appear to be "nothing" other than condescend from behind the shadows.

Give me a call. Get one of those voice "garblers" and call me from a public pay phone. We'll talk one on one. Or, we can continue to verbal jousting in front of everyone on Acts, both appearing like children.

Sincerely,

"Sonny" (Travis Johnson to my friends)
Acts-dicted
3/7/08 5:14 pm

Post Wow... (L) youngleader
Travis, I care hear your whining all the way here in Tampa! Very Happy Laughing

There will be some who accept this, and some that won't.. I've given up trying to change minds on this board..

Sounds to me like some of you need to take the challenge at www.30daysexchallenge.com and stop the arguing... (cheap plug)

And for the record, the challenge has reaffirmed that my stones are exactly where they need to be, and they are in perfect working order! ROFL
3/7/08 10:32 pm

Post Re: Wow... (L) fire-starter
youngleader wrote:

And for the record, the challenge has reaffirmed that my stones are exactly where they need to be, and they are in perfect working order! ROFL

Oh dear!! Rolling Eyes

Are we going to let this awesome thread end with this post?
Acts Enthusiast
3/10/08 10:50 pm

Post Matt Boyd
"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes. He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse." Malachi 4:5, 6 Friendly Face
3/11/08 12:52 am

Post Wonderful Verse mytwocents
I believe Jesus said this had been fulfilled by a man named John the Baptist. Acts-celerater
3/11/08 7:22 am

Post Re: Wonderful Verse Matt Boyd
mytwocents wrote:
I believe Jesus said this had been fulfilled by a man named John the Baptist.

Are you a fundamentalist?

Strict fundamentalists believe that there is one, and only, one correct interpretation of a scripture or prophecy.

If you are a preacher, does the Holy Spirit ever lead to a modern day applications of a Biblical texts?
Friendly Face
3/11/08 8:11 am

Post Answer My Question and I Will Answer Yours mytwocents
When Jesus said "I tell you Elijah has come (He was referring to John the Baptist" was He only telling half the truth? Is it that Elijah had come, but would continue to come again and again and again? Is the Spirit of Elijah moving in the church today, or the Spirit of Christ? Acts-celerater
3/11/08 8:35 am

Post Re: Answer My Question and I Will Answer Yours Matt Boyd
mytwocents wrote:
When Jesus said "I tell you Elijah has come (He was referring to John the Baptist" was He only telling half the truth? Is it that Elijah had come, but would continue to come again and again and again? Is the Spirit of Elijah moving in the church today, or the Spirit of Christ?

I really don't want to get into a fruitless argument with you.

From what I understand you believe that the only application of that scripture is found in the ministry of John the Baptist. I disagree, and believe God can still speak through that passage, renew his word in our day and communicate God's desire that the hearts of the fathers would turn to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers.

I am fine with us agreeing to disagree.
Friendly Face
3/11/08 6:02 pm

Post onetruegod
Good Grief!
I think if this lady (in which the memorial service was being held for)
could read all these posts she would literally "turn over in her grave".
Friendly Face
3/12/08 7:55 am

Post Travis Johnson
onetruegod wrote:
Good Grief!

Is that necessary? First, she has a name, Brenda Taylor.

Second, if this is a word to the Church from the Holy Spirit, I'm certain that the Lord would like for us to discuss it. Everyone in this thread is big enough to be challenged and to challenge one another. The Scriptures (Prov 27:17) tells us to sharpen one another like iron sharpening iron. The clash can be healthy. Refusing to talk is the dysfunction. We can talk. We can handle it.

So, let's talk and encourage one another to talk. Behind each name is a human with ideas, hopes, and dreams. Even further, you'll find real people that have worth and value as created images of God. Let's not diminish the working of God through His people simply because they're human.

Let the conversation continue, even if it isn't perfect.
Acts-dicted
3/12/08 9:15 am

Post onetruegod
Travis Johnson wrote:
onetruegod wrote:
Good Grief!

Is that necessary? First, she has a name, Brenda Taylor.

Second, if this is a word to the Church from the Holy Spirit, I'm certain that the Lord would like for us to discuss it. Everyone in this thread is big enough to be challenged and to challenge one another. The Scriptures (Prov 27:17) tells us to sharpen one another like iron sharpening iron. The clash can be healthy. Refusing to talk is the dysfunction. We can talk. We can handle it.

So, let's talk and encourage one another to talk. Behind each name is a human with ideas, hopes, and dreams. Even further, you'll find real people that have worth and value as created images of God. Let's not diminish the working of God through His people simply because they're human.

Let the conversation continue, even if it isn't perfect.

I meant no disrespect by not calling Brenda Taylor by name. My point was simply that our focus seemed to be far from where it needed to be. Just my opinion - just as you have shared yours. I don't believe this to be iron sharpening iron. There seems to be an undertone of attitude that says "I'm right and you're wrong". That's not open discussion that sharpens believers, that's a tactic of satan being disguised.
Friendly Face
3/12/08 9:29 am

Post Travis Johnson
onetrueGod,

I'm sure each of us think we're right on most things. That's what makes conversation so challenging. Matt believes the Holy Spirit has prompted him to run with this Word. Rickie Moore believed the Holy Spirit gave him this word, enough so that he would share it in our flagship church in the middle of Cleveland, and in a most sacred moment.

Mytwocents, youngbishop, and spartanfan have other opinions. So, we're talking about whether or not this is a prophecy, what its implications are on the COG, and what to do next.

I believe that in the process we don't need to diminish one another's spirituality. In that, I agree with you that that is uncalled for. Let's figure out how to discuss ideas without diminishing one another. But, if the choice is diminishing one another or not having the discussion, I would rather for it to become messy than to miss a divine moment, an opportunity to discuss God's heart for our lives.
Acts-dicted
3/12/08 10:11 am

Post delete spartanfan
delete

Last edited by spartanfan on 3/12/08 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
3/12/08 10:52 am

Post Re: Okay Travis... Travis Johnson
spartanfan wrote:
So I simply ask - when did the prophecy come true and has anyone (everyone)who tried to hold on with a little finger lost their ministry and salary?

When did it come true? What if we are in the middle of it happening? I certainly don't expect you to see everything like I do. But, is it possible that it is taking place? Can the signs be all around us? A few things to consider:

1. Since 1996, we have gone from the "fastest growing denomination in the USA" according to Newsweek to a denomination that is closing more churches than we are opening. Still we have an abundance of paper churches. They exist in our state offices. They no longer exist in their communities.

2. In 2007, our Tithe receipts decreased from the previous year.

3. From 1990 to the present, our Tithe Receipts have more than doubled. During that same time, our denominational YCE budget has been cut in half.

4. Denominational Church Planting is only an idea. We don't do it. We are starving our babies (in that respect).

5. Church attendance in the USA COG is in decline.

Atrophy. Like a cancer, I see a slow death taking place. I see no homicide, no bullet put to the temple. I think the prophecy affirms that view. Within the prophecy, there is a hope. It does not declare death for all. It says the children will live.

Does that mean me? Who are the children? What are the parts of the body that nurture the children? I don't know those answers. The prophetic word was vague in that respect. I'm left to weigh the word against the Scriptures and to test it. You are too.

I am not going to make a blanket statement that I know for certain what it means. But, I do believe this is a word from the Holy Spirit to us. The times, events, and season seems to me to point to the fact that this is indeed a word from God to us. It's sad that in order to test the word, the spiritual authenticity of some are diminished. I find that disheartening.

Is it possible that we are in the middle of this prophetic word and that we have an opportunity to posture ourselves with repentant hearts?

Quote:
(1)When did all CoG nurturing cease?

Again, I don't think that was ever inferred by the prophecy. I think just the opposite was said.

Quote:
(2)When did we lose our systems and salaries?

I believe we are in that process. I would also believe that the last two General Assemblies, we missed divine moments where we could have given ourselves to a new course. Instead, we fought for our systems and salaries. Perhaps, we are about to experience a Hebrews 12 moment where everything that can be shaken will. Perhaps, so. But, I'm no prophet. But, I think I see the thunderheads on the horizon.

Let's embrace the rain that will come with the lightning and tornadoes.
Acts-dicted
3/12/08 12:21 pm

Post I edited spartanfan
I edited

Last edited by spartanfan on 3/17/08 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
3/12/08 12:48 pm

Post Sparty archie
I am glad you shared what I know of you to be agenerous heart. I appreciate your concerns and your comments that display a team player attitude for our beloved denom and I know you love your fellow michigander even as I do. I didn't interpret the whole death thing as permanent but as with all of us we must die to something in order to live to something. I hear the words of this utterance to say that there is a death to these systems etc. but that even in dying the purpose is life, life after death. I think the most impacting statement for me was,"there is life after death and nowhere else" or to that affect. I am deeplt moved by the message and the messenger and I have asked Dr McMahan to give me his take on it as well and I look forward to hearing from Rickie's colleague on the subject. Acts-celerater
3/12/08 3:54 pm

Post sorry but Robert Langdon
who was Brenda Taylor?
3/12/08 8:48 pm

Post Travis Johnson
Is this Bro. McGuire's response to this thread?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fnsZF75zPIQ
Acts-dicted
3/19/08 2:15 pm

Post stirred once again... Grandpa Cleland
and the pot begins to stir once more... Acts-celerater
3/19/08 2:58 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic