Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Is Masturbation a Sin?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Memory03
or maybe they remain in bondage because they like the thing that has them bound... Shocked Shocked Shocked

Real Men get their haircut in a Barber Shop... The rest go to beauty parlors...
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/6/08 7:31 pm

Post fire-starter
Exactly, Mem! It is such a natural thing, and most don't feel weird about it, until someone tells them they should. I think we should leave the issue alone. Stop condemning things as sin when they are not. Acts Enthusiast
3/7/08 12:54 pm

Post I'll buy it... prefontaine
When you can prove it can be done without lusting. What happens between a man and wife is their business. What happens, however, to an unmarried man in the privacy of his home may still be sin if he is lusting. In the same way I would suppose it is entirely possible to lust after another woman while having sex with their spouse...that would be sin also wouldn't it??

clintwills.blogspot.com
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/7/08 1:42 pm

Post You Know What fire-starter
I think Jesus' statement about lusting being adultery, was used because Jesus wanted us to understand the futility of us trying to be sinless.

In the context of the scripture, he is teaching them how deep sin runs. And he says, even if you don't murder, or steal, or covet, or commit adultery. YOU STILL CAN'T AVOID SIN. Because it is in your DNA. And you are going to lust. He was almost acting in the place of the law in this context. He is showing us that sin is unavoidable!

Thus, lusting is part of our nature. Perhaps, some have reached a spiritual level, where lust is no longer an issue. But for the rest of us, it is unavoidable. Even if you don't masturbate. I would say, it is worse, if you are single, and not finding release; then, everything that moves is a turn on. Lust is in us, and all around us. Let's promote responsibility, and stop placing guilt.
Acts Enthusiast
3/7/08 2:26 pm

Post prefon... caseyleejones
Quote:
When you can prove it can be done without lusting.

Maybe the burden of proof is on you. You prove it can't be done. Smile
Acts-perienced Poster
3/7/08 6:44 pm

Post Re: prefon... prefontaine
caseyleejones wrote:
Quote:
When you can prove it can be done without lusting.

Maybe the burden of proof is on you. You prove it can't be done. Smile

What?? That one confuses me. Prove that you can't play without yourself without lusting...that doesn't make much since. What I am getting at is what is going on in your mind. If you're like fire-starter and want to justify lust of the heart because Jesus was just trying to make a point, then go for it - and enjoy yourself. All I know is that it is hard for me to think that just the though of having sex with your hand is enough to excite you. If it is, then great.

clintwills.blogspot.com
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/7/08 7:01 pm

Post I don't know if it is a sin, but..... The Crumudgeon At Large
It can cause a whole lot of legal problems.

Quote:
Woman Sues American Airlines Over Masturbating Passenger

A woman has filed a $200,000 lawsuit against American Airlines alleging the flight crew failed to protect her from a passenger who moved into the seat next to hers while she was sleeping, then "masturbated to her" and—well, you've seen "There's Something About Mary"? Yeah, that.

From the Fort Worth Star-Telegram:

The woman slept most of the flight, but awoke about 20 minutes before landing when the pilot announced the plane was on descent into Los Angeles. When the woman opened her eyes, she saw that an unknown man had moved into the seat next to her and was staring at her as he masturbated, the suit states.
The woman turned toward the window in embarrassment and in an act of nervousness began to run her fingers through her hair where she noticed "a substantial amount of an extremely sticky substance in her hair," the suit states.

The woman began to cry and tried to get the attention of a flight attendant, but was unsuccessful, the suit states. Finally a passenger in the row in front of the woman comforted her and verified the semen in her hair, the suit states.

When the plane landed, employee called airport police and the man was arrested.

The suit claims that during the police investigation, the flight crew acknowledged they saw the man move from his assigned seat to the seat next to the woman while she slept.

Something to consider I guess.
Friendly Face
3/19/08 11:23 am

Post curly
Would the moral of that story be if you are a woman, don't go to sleep on a plane with a strange man next to you!! nuck nuck nuck Acts Enthusiast
3/19/08 12:09 pm

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post curly... MayB2Day
You asked:

Quote:
Would the moral of that story be if you are a woman, don't go to sleep on a plane with a strange man next to you!!

I am not sure there is anything moral about that story.
Acts Enthusiast
3/19/08 12:37 pm

Post Re: curly... curly
MayB2Day wrote:
You asked:

Quote:
Would the moral of that story be if you are a woman, don't go to sleep on a plane with a strange man next to you!!

I am not sure there is anything moral about that story.

Maybe not!!
Acts Enthusiast
3/19/08 12:41 pm

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post 3generationCOG
It could have been answered already, but this discussion is long. If so can someone point me to the right page. What about masturbation thinking about your wife? is this a sin? Newbie
5/25/09 2:21 pm

Post Steve LaFever
3generationCOG wrote:
It could have been answered already, but this discussion is long. If so can someone point me to the right page. What about masturbation thinking about your wife? is this a sin?

It seems the answer was, it depends on who you ask Smile
5/29/09 8:25 am

Post Russell Roberts
For those concerned about 'lusting', please read this thread.

http://www.actscelerate.com/viewtopic.php?t=53887
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
2/22/10 6:08 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic