Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

***A Prophetic Message to the Church of God*** (L)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: Rick Moore and the Prophecy youngbishop81
Bullseye77 wrote:

If one cannot sense the Spirit in these clips, or at least recognize the humility of the servant of God, perhaps another line of work would be preferable.
Wear the shoe only of it fits.

I think you might be misunderstanding me. I am not judging Mr. Moore heart or the word in which he gave at the time. If my understanding is correct that was a tough year for the Church of God with several things happening in that year. I did say I thought it was not appropriate at a funeral. I stick by that. He even said that Brenda didn't want the word giving out at a certain time because of the Love she had in her heart. That she didn't want to be used. However that is what he did. You could see in the back ground TL was not very uncomfortable with the speaker. I truly believe we go to a funeral to grieve and to hear about the life of a person and yes if we are preaching to people who do not know the Lord give them a chance to repent.

However I have heard or seen nothing that these were Brenda thoughts or wishes. Only a vague plot in the beginning when he went Fishing, saying, do you feel like your body is trying to tell us something? It was like he went there with something on his heart and through out the year he used this situation to tell his story not hers. It was even said by another poster that he knew the family and she would not have wanted it to come out like it did. I do not know the family so I asked for someone that does to contact them. What is so hard with that? Why can't someone do it?

If I find out that this was her words and wishes I would feel more comfortable with it. That does still does not change my mind that it is a post dated word for another time. That still does not change my mind that the poster who posted it wants change at any cost. That by posting this clip it helps his opinion. That what I think is sad and despicable, not so much this clip it’s self.
Friendly Face
2/26/08 11:44 am

Post youngbishop81
One more thing you got to consider has the church died? I do not want any of this I want changed and the Church is to top heavy and to much control at the top and not the bottom. Has the church died since this word? I would say no. I would for sure say the COG has not died at my local church. So you judge a word by its fruit and merit. It doesn’t matter how much we like the man who gave the word. You know at some point in time we all miss it. We all make mistakes. You don’t know what was going on with him at the time. We do not know what was going on behind the scope of things that might have made him feel some sort of anger with the Church. Sometimes we mistakes emotions and thoughts with Gods emotions and thoughts. I do not know this to be fact I’m just throwing it out there for discussion. I know I have got up and said something before that was from me and not from him. I said those things because of what I was going through at the time. Friendly Face
2/26/08 11:45 am

Post youngbishop81
Da Sheik wrote:
Is a word with such broad implications sent to a funeral gathering and then later to participants on a message board?

That is the quote of the week for sure for us all to think about.

Would God use one funeral to bring a word where not everyone could hear in the Church of God? Then would He would use a message board to restate this word once again where not everyone can hear in the Church of God? This is the most absurd thing I have ever heard.

God is a Powerful God. IF this word was for the whole church it would have played out over and over again. I believe God would have sent a prophet to every camp meeting, every church so all could hear this great message. To think that a word for an entire movement would only play out in settings where probably 20 percent of that movement would hear about it makes no sense at all.

Unless of course someone or a group of someone’s would want to get everyone all stirred up to put on there marching boots and storm with weapons blazing into the Assembly this year crying the Church of God is dead and we need change or else.

The Assembly will be like any other. 100 or so people who cry about everything that they hate, will get up at the microphone and make a fool out of them selves, they will set down and go home and even though some changes have been made they still will not be enough. Then they will get back on Acts cry foul and for the next two years talk about why they might leave the church. Then next assembly it will start all over again.
*Yawn* I’m tired.
Friendly Face
2/26/08 11:59 am

Post Young Bishop Bullseye77
Quote:
The Assembly will be like any other. 100 or so people who cry about everything that they hate, will get up at the microphone and make a fool out of them selves, they will set down and go home and even though some changes have been made they still will not be enough. Then they will get back on Acts cry foul and for the next two years talk about why they might leave the church. Then next assembly it will start all over again.
*Yawn* I’m tired.

If this is your true feeling about the GA, you should save a lot of money and time and stay home. Just a thought from an "Old Bishop".
2/26/08 2:36 pm

Post Tom, Speechless? mytwocents
There has to be something prophetic about that! Acts-celerater
2/26/08 4:31 pm

Post Travis Johnson
Quote:
“It’s an affliction that is centered in that part of the body that nurtures the children.”

A. What is the affliction that you have seen in the past 12 years grip the church?

B. What part of the body is it that nurtures the children? Is it possible that it is the part of the body that feeds immature organisms which are in development?
Quote:

“You say the church is healthy, it’s moving, it’s going, but I say the malignancy is growing. The malignancy is growing and the children are starving, but I will not let them stave.”

A. If the Church of God is the mother, who are the children? Who are the offspring? Is it a generation? A demographic? A group of named individuals? Or is it the offspring of the mother?…the ones who need nurturing but who are not receiving nourishment?

B. When I first heard this, I thought Lee University, COGTS, School of Ministry. Then, I thought about what has happened to our fathers…are they missing? Then, I thought about the children, children as in baby churches, immature organisms who are in development and who are starving and who are forced to pay for the Mother’s addiction which is stealing nourishment from the children. Is it possible that the children are new churches and churches that are stunted in their development (50% of our churches in the US have under 50 people yet they support the money/largess addiction in Cleveland)?
Acts-dicted
2/26/08 8:41 pm

Post Full Tilt Whitey
Travis Johnson wrote:
Quote:
“It’s an affliction that is centered in that part of the body that nurtures the children.”

A. What is the affliction that you have seen in the past 12 years grip the church?

B. What part of the body is it that nurtures the children? Is it possible that it is the part of the body that feeds immature organisms which are in development?
Quote:

“You say the church is healthy, it’s moving, it’s going, but I say the malignancy is growing. The malignancy is growing and the children are starving, but I will not let them stave.”

A. If the Church of God is the mother, who are the children? Who are the offspring? Is it a generation? A demographic? A group of named individuals? Or is it the offspring of the mother?…the ones who need nurturing but who are not receiving nourishment?

B. When I first heard this, I thought Lee University, COGTS, School of Ministry. Then, I thought about what has happened to our fathers…are they missing? Then, I thought about the children, children as in baby churches, immature organisms who are in development and who are starving and who are forced to pay for the Mother’s addiction which is stealing nourishment from the children. Is it possible that the children are new churches and churches that are stunted in their development (50% of our churches in the US have under 50 people yet they support the money/largess addiction in Cleveland)?

A. Couldn't the children be the young leaders and pastors? The word from Dr. Moore stated that the children would not die. Just as an affliction would kill the mother and a child could survive with another mother, so would the youth of the organization find another mother. Just an observation.
Friendly Face
2/26/08 9:15 pm

Post Travis Johnson
Yes. But, I have a hard time thinking that this is "just" an age qualifier. I also know quite a few "young leaders" who function in an old broken down system and can exploit it better than many "old pros." I'm not saying that it is not the case...but, I'm trying to think beyond that. Acts-dicted
2/26/08 9:23 pm

Post Re: OK, I'll Bite Phil Hoover
Matt Boyd wrote:

Why did I post it? What was my agenda or motive?
I felt led by the Holy Spirit to run with this prophetic message, which was for 1996 and for today. I sought the advice of godly council and was encouraged to obey the leading of the Holy Spirit.

What is my goal? To obey Christ. The results are really up to those who hear it. Now we are responsible to respond in faith. Just like the city of Nineveh in the book of Jonah. God gives us a choice to humble ourselves both personally and corporately before Him or He will correct/discipline us.

I know Matt Boyd. Matt Boyd is a friend of mine, and I trust him. If he said the Holy Spirit lead him, then I have ZERO reason to doubt him.

www.philhoover-chicago.blogspot.com
Acts-pert Poster
2/27/08 11:13 am

Post So we just accept it? archie
Because we love and trust Matt Boyd?
Just a thought, has anyone who is posting here talked with Rickey about this? If so , what does he say? If not, I'm game to call him and dig deeper into the message, meaning and timing of this delivery.
Acts-celerater
2/27/08 12:13 pm

Post Re: So we just accept it? Matt Boyd
archie wrote:
Because we love and trust Matt Boyd?
Just a thought, has anyone who is posting here talked with Rickey about this? If so , what does he say? If not, I'm game to call him and dig deeper into the message, meaning and timing of this delivery.

Archie,

I called Dr Moore a and asked his permission and blessing a week before I posted this prophecy. He gave both.
Friendly Face
2/27/08 2:13 pm

Post If I remember correctly Randy Johnson
one of the statements in the prophecy was
Quote:
"the denomination is dead"

Maybe that is the whole point of the message. I'm still new to the COG, but one thing that impressed me when I read Like A Mighty Army was that the founders of the COG did not intend to start a new denomination.

The original name Christian Union speaks loads to my heart of the original purpose of the founders. If it wasn't for the difficulties they encountered at the very beginning, my impression was that they wouldn't have changed the name of the church. From my reading, they saw themselves as one church where all Christians could come into unity out of denominations.

Quite naturally, and I mean that in a sense of natural versus spiritual, they progressed (or regressed depending on your point of view) from their original purpose and eventually became a denomination. The Assemblies of God did the same thing.

If the denomination is dead, that doesn't necessarily mean that we all just pull up stakes and find somewhere else to camp. It simply means that we take the same people, the same resources, the same life, and get back on course to fulfilling the original purpose for which we were founded. We don't have to break fellowship with one another, we don't have to give up on the Church of God name, we simply need to return to being one church with one mission and serve one another in love.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/28/08 11:21 am

Post I'm sorry.. spartanfan
even though I highly respect all of the people involved, I've got some issues with the whole thing.

Last edited by spartanfan on 3/7/08 6:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
2/28/08 2:40 pm

Post Moderators spartanfan
please consider having the sensitivity and concern to remove this thread entirely. I think the "woman being ill where babies are made" is really too much of a personal matter for this board to focus on. It's hurtful and humiliating and quite frankly, the family involved really should be considered this. There are other ways to discuss whether or not the CoG is still alive enough to birth a soul into the kingdom or not. Thanks - and our sympathy and prayers are for the family involved. Also, our apologies if any discomfort or pain was caused by this board in the matter of your loved one's victorious arrival in Heaven. Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
2/28/08 2:51 pm

Post Some Thoughts I Had Withheld mytwocents
But the more I read this thread....

...I'm with Spartan fan; if this lady was my wife, mother, or even a member of my church I would tell the speaker, as highly respected as he may be, that he was out of order. There are words given from God that must be declared but in the right place and at the right time. This was, IMHO, out of order then, and is out of order now.

Further, and to wit, the more some guys post about this the more it reveals they are using this to push their anti-COG, cut the TOT or I'll keep whining agenda.
Acts-celerater
2/28/08 4:52 pm

Post Re: Some Thoughts I Had Withheld The CoG Bullet
delete
Acts-celerater
2/29/08 5:45 am

Post Doyle.. spartanfan
delete

Last edited by spartanfan on 3/4/08 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
2/29/08 11:15 am

Post Pete Zefo
Quote:
...I'm with Spartan fan; if this lady was my wife, mother, or even a member of my church I would tell the speaker, as highly respected as he may be, that he was out of order. There are words given from God that must be declared but in the right place and at the right time. This was, IMHO, out of order then, and is out of order now.

a true Word from the Lord never happens when it is most convenient or appropriate! Have you read Amos?
Friendly Face
2/29/08 12:01 pm

Post Yes Sir, I've Read Amos mytwocents
And I've also read Corinthians which says in the church "all things are to be done decent and in order"! Acts-celerater
2/29/08 2:26 pm

Post My 2 cents (or 3 cents) a pastor
A prophecy is always on time. Even if it was sent 20 years ago, what difference does that make. God has used donkeys and many other things people would question.
It also appears that the message is to the leadership of the CoG especially.
2/29/08 6:29 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic