Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

***A Prophetic Message to the Church of God*** (L)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post ***A Prophetic Message to the Church of God*** (L) Travis Johnson
This message was given at the oldest continuing Pentecostal Church in America, North Cleveland Church of God. The spokesman was the Theology Department Chair of Lee University, a professor at Church of God Theological Seminary, and the founding editor of the Journal for Pentecostal Theology, Dr. Rickie Moore.

Dr. Moore is not a novice or a renegade. He is a son of the Church of God and he is a father to many of our sons and daughters. The message should not be received lightly nor should it be ignored. The words should be weighed and considered as a prophetic message from the Lord specifically for the Church of God. We should respond with repentant hearts, every one of us.

LINK TO VIDEO MESSAGE

Last edited by Travis Johnson on 2/20/08 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Acts-dicted
2/20/08 7:35 am

Post Memory03
is he preaching the funeral of Brenda Taylor?

Real Men get their haircut in a Barber Shop... The rest go to beauty parlors...
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/20/08 8:11 am

Post Memory03
when l clicked on pt 2 it started playing pt 1 again... someone who can get the whole thing should summarize it for us...

Real Men get their haircut in a Barber Shop... The rest go to beauty parlors...
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/20/08 8:29 am

Post i said i would watch Joe Nail
i said my reply on your blog. thank you Travis you have reset my course by following your leading from God.

Crying or Very sad
2/20/08 8:37 am

Post Re: i said i would watch Travis Johnson
joenail58 wrote:
i said my reply on your blog. thank you Travis you have reset my course by following your leading from God.

Crying or Very sad

Joe,

Matt Boyd held this video since 1996. I'll let him explain the prompting he felt and the discussions he had that led him to post it now. He posted it to YouTube so we could release it on MissionalCOG. I can't take credit for that. I do pray that it serves in a movement of repentance and healing for the Church of God.

Thank you for your comments on the message.
Acts-dicted
2/20/08 8:43 am

Post Travis Johnson
Mike Burgner posted the text of the message on his blog. I'm going to lift it and paste it here. You should definitely visit his blog though...great stuff. Also, you really need to watch the entire video. What is said throughout the 18 minutes of video is earth shaking for our denomination. The venue, the crowd, the speaker, the message, the year, the tone.

When one of our most prominent voices says from our flagship church, "the Church of God is dead," you should not fail to take it all in to understand the heart behind the message and the true voice of the message.

The text of the message as transcribed by Mike Burgner:
Quote:

The Lord says you called a Solemn Assembly to hear from Heaven. Heaven spoke, but you did not hear it. It was not a pretty word, it was a hard word, but you prefer your smooth words, which are lies, to God’s Word, which is truth. The word to the body can be found within the body through Brenda Taylor. Her affliction is an affliction unto death. It’s an affliction that is centered in that part of the body that nurtures the children.

You say the church is healthy, it’s moving, it’s going, but I say the malignancy is growing. The malignancy is growing and the children are starving, but I will not let them stave. They will live, but you will die. I am already sharpening My ax. Its blade is very sharp. Its head is very heavy, and it will cut down your systems and your strategies, your schedules, and your salaries. And everyone who holds on to any of these with as much as one little finger, your Solemn Assembly is over, now I’m calling Mine. Come and meet Me around the body of Brenda Taylor. Come and meet Me there, do not delay and do not leave before you have heard from me, or else I will come and meet you with My ax in My hand.

Acts-dicted
2/20/08 10:00 am

Post Re: ***A Prophetic Message to the Church of God*** (L) fordham
Travis Johnson wrote:
This message was given at the oldest continuing Pentecostal Church in America, North Cleveland Church of God. The spokesman was the Theology Department Chair of Lee University, a professor at Church of God Theological Seminary, and the founding editor of the Journal for Pentecostal Theology, Dr. Rickie Moore.

Dr. Moore is not a novice or a renegade. He is a son of the Church of God and he is a father to many of our sons and daughters. The message should not be received lightly nor should it be ignored. The words should be weighed and considered as a prophetic message from the Lord specifically for the Church of God. We should respond with repentant hearts, every one of us.

LINK TO VIDEO MESSAGE

Can't get the link to work. Would love to hear it.
Friendly Face
2/20/08 10:00 am

Post Link to videos on youtube (L) Matt Boyd
Here is the direct link to the three parts of the video on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/COGmin

God Bless!
Matt
Friendly Face
2/20/08 10:05 am

Post ... youngleader
This is very sobering, and I think we're beginning to see the fulfillment of this prophecy...

But will anyone care? Just like in the Bible, the people prophecy is directed towards rarely take heed. And that's what's sad.

Thank God for Rickie Moore and his courage to give that word.
2/20/08 10:15 am

Post Darrell Garrett
I shared this on a private board of mine, and a friend responded with this comment:

Quote:
What do you think that word means? Is this a Word from God? Is this the Word from God tainted by the hurts and disappointments of a wounded leader hurt by the lose of a friend?

All I know is that the Words of this man are echoing in my head and have been all day long. Very troubling.

I began to type a response and thought I would share it here:

Quote:
I can only speak for myself, but I do believe that this is a Word from God. As I listened to this it gripped my heart. I've been wrestling with this all morning as well, and one thing that has perplexed me is why is this now, after almost 12 years being brought out to the masses? I've spent time looking back over what has transpired in our denomination since that time, and I have to tell you, in my opinion, there has been a tremendous downward spiral within the Church of God since that time. Reflect on the events that transpired that year and ever since. The COG has been fragmented since that time because of the power plays and manipulating that has taken place. I have to tell you, that as I look back over these 12 years, I see a definite shifting that has taken place. Just yesterday I was talking with a fellow COG minister from another country, and I told him that my heart has been so grieved for the COG and that I did not see a "split" taking place in the COG, but rather a dis-integration from within.

I can't claim to have the full meaning of this message, but I think it is clear that the COG as we have known it is dead and/or dying. There must be a re-birth, if you will. The question is, as I see it, will there be repentance and a return to being a vital, pro-active, relevant church, or will the COG continue on as if nothing has happened, slowly dying from within. The imagery is profound. One with cancer who does not get it diagnosed and dealt with continues on with life, continuing to weaken and lose momentum until one day he simply lays down and dies. Literally, dying from within. This is how I see the COG right now. Those with control and power, influence and money are continuing on, and even as they weaken in these areas, they fail to acknowledge the problem. The money flow is drying up. A generation has arisen that no longer fears their power plays and is not intimidated, so they are ignoring this generation and are trying to squeeze even more from what remains, further weakening the body. This can only go on for so long, before the body has had enough and it simply dies.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/20/08 11:33 am

Post I listened to all three links Randy Johnson
early this morning, but I did not reply then because I did not feel it was my place, being so new.

The word gripped me as prophetic as well, and I have only been in the COG for about 1 month as a credentialed minister.

But in the word of death, I also heard a word of hope, the hope of new life, the hope of a resurrection. Not a resurrection of the old body or the old ways, but a resurrection of newness of life, freshness, vitality.

I'm still excited about what God is going to do.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/20/08 1:33 pm

Post Thanks Brother Travis. PastorKeith
Watched the 3 you tube vids this aft. and was very encouraged to know that the COG has still got a voice of a prophet. Not just in brother Moore alone but that His Word will not return void. Outstanding vid and a solemn word for such a time as this. Our question today and clarion call should be "God help us, what shall we do?" Outstanding principle of "a message to the body that comes from within the body." Thanks again Travis
2/20/08 3:30 pm

Post I remember hearing this Phil Hoover
in 1996 when I first entered seminary.

There is not a more humble and gracious man than Rickie Moore. He was speaking the "word of the Lord" to the church at the time.

And yes, this is a troubling prophecy....but it was from God.

www.philhoover-chicago.blogspot.com
Acts-pert Poster
2/20/08 4:53 pm

Post Re: I remember hearing this Travis Johnson
Phil Hoover wrote:
in 1996 when I first entered seminary.

There is not a more humble and gracious man than Rickie Moore. He was speaking the "word of the Lord" to the church at the time.

And yes, this is a troubling prophecy....but it was from God.

Phil,

Is that word for 1996? Have we seen/are we seeing its fulfillment? Is that word for today?

If I understand Matt's conversation with Dr. Moore correctly, he shared that he knew that our generation would come looking for that word...he wasn't surprised.

Also, if my memory serves me correctly, it was in or around 1996 when the COG was ranked by Newsweek as the fastest growing denomination in the US. If that is the case, much of what was said in the video contrasted with our reality in 2008 where our US churches are shrinking in numbers of attendees, receipts, and numbers of churches is startling and would surely seem like a confirmation.

Did we fail to heed the warning? Is it too late? I do believe that there is hope in this message. How do we respond? Where do we start?
Acts-dicted
2/20/08 5:12 pm

Post Fisher
All I am able to say is "Thy will be done Lord Jesus!"
2/20/08 6:17 pm

Post Thoughts Ken Shelton
I did not have the opportunity to attend Brenda's funeral but I had heard about the word that Dr. Moore gave. I mentioned in your preliminary thread (yesterday) that Rick and I have been friends for nearly 40 years. I hold him in high regard and have always done so. Some thoughts:

Did you obtain his permission or at least inform him that you were going to display the videos and begin this discussion?

Prophetic words are very important "in season." I think we need to review what happened in the COG in the two to three years following that message.

God's Word is very clear that if people heed a warning they will see a reprieve from the impending judgement.

How does that Word line up with what the Bible says about the role of N.T. prophets?

The COG has had thousands of voices and hearts crying out to God for many decades. That is exactly why God's blessing has rested upon it. For someone to say, as was mentioned in an earlier post "thy will be done" as though His will might be to bring judgement on the COG or anyone, is irresponsible and uninformed. If what was meant by that person is that God wants to heal, then yes, that is biblical. Otherwise, somebody needs to go to discernment 101.

It would be a travesty to carry into the future the spirit of a prophecy meant for a former time.
2/20/08 6:44 pm

Post the cut royalcitizen41
In recent post on this board about the cutting of the TOT and how it should be done, I had this thought, it should be done instantly, one clean sharp cut as if it were done by a heavy sharp ax. I have never heard this message before and have only heard good things about Dr. Moore. He truly is a humble servant of the Lord. I think it is important to focus on the "new life that will come from death" Let us pray for the COG and see what the Lord will do. I love the COG and have been influenced by a number of great men and women within. I think the Lord is about to trim down this great spiritual battleship and she is being prepared for the last days harvest.

FEAR NOT THE LORD IS WITH US!
2/20/08 6:49 pm

Post Re: Thoughts Travis Johnson
Ken Shelton wrote:
Did you obtain his permission or at least inform him that you were going to display the videos and begin this discussion?

Matt Boyd released the video on MissionalCOG and spoke with Dr. Moore in the last two weeks for the express purpose of asking permission to release it. I don't want to misquote what was said. Matt could do a better job than I could. But, he gave Matt his blessing.
Acts-dicted
2/20/08 7:38 pm

Post Re: Thoughts Matt Boyd
Travis Johnson wrote:
Ken Shelton wrote:

Matt Boyd released the video on MissionalCOG and spoke with Dr. Moore in the last two weeks for the express purpose of asking permission to release it. I don't want to misquote what was said. Matt could do a better job than I could. But, he gave Matt his blessing.

I spoke to Dr Moore last week. I told him that I perceived that it was time for this message to go forth again. And I asked for his permission to run with the message and for his blessing.

He told me when he initially gave the message it was if it fell to the ground and he knew some day my generation would come looking for it. Then he told me that I had his permission to run with the message and I had his blessing. There was more said but this is not the time to share it.
Friendly Face
2/20/08 8:15 pm

Post Ken Shelton
Thanks Matt for responding to my questions. Handling a prophetic word is like handling explosives; if they detonate inappropriately they can create a lot of unnecessary damage. I know that would not be Rick's intent nor yours. Thank you all for being willing to be obedient to do as you have felt led. I have extremely high regard for the prophetic, prophetic words and the people who share them. We will seek the Lord about His intention. God bless. KS
2/20/08 8:30 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic