Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

What do you feel causes the fear in the COG?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: Dear Wilburt Ichthus77
sheepdogandy wrote:
I'm just making an observation.

I'm not about "giging" anyone.

This is not the official C/G discussion board.

It's DD's board.

As much as some would love for me to fade away.

As long as I abide by DD's rules.

I can play.

I believe Bro. Andy is about as COG as you can get at heart, he just has a problem with the system in place in Cleveland and has had some bad experiences. Besides that, what's the difference between his church and our churches in the important stuff? He uses the same COG Declaration of Faith and COG S.S. material.
Acts Enthusiast
2/10/08 5:41 pm

Post No, brother,..... Phil Hoover
Telecaster wrote:
R. Keith Whitt wrote:
Telecaster wrote:

Quote:
I agree with Tom that many have a spirit of fear upon them. I cannot include myself in that category however. I do not fear, but I hope. I do not fret, I pray. I do not doubt, but I trust.

Then why the pseudonym?? Sorry, couldn't resist.

Keith

Being you couldn't resist, I'll answer your question for you. I don't use my real name because I want the freedom to express my opinions without the backlash that comes. That's not operating in fear. That's using wisdom.

You and I are friends, and I hope we will always be friends...

If you want the "freedom to express" your opinions, then you must take the consequences of expressing those same opinions. IT IS FEAR...it is not wisdom....

It is fear....

But know that I love you, and will always be your friend, no matter what.

www.philhoover-chicago.blogspot.com
Acts-pert Poster
2/11/08 9:50 am

Post Herein lies the problem... Phil Hoover
Telecaster wrote:
I Surely you don't think that everybody that screams Church of God is a friend do you? There are those who are out for themselves and they'll take down whoever they have to to get a step up in the system. I don't want to be part of that at all either by my actions, or my name. Using a false name protects me from having my name drug through mess. I don't do it because I'm afraid it will be done. I use the false name because I know it will be done as it is many times over with other folks. Again, that's just wisdom, not fear.

I agree the church shouldn't function like the world, but in the current dog eat dog system we have, it does, or at least some folks want it to. .

Since when did this become "acceptable" behaviour in the Kingdom of God?

www.philhoover-chicago.blogspot.com
Acts-pert Poster
2/11/08 9:55 am

Post Re: Herein lies the problem... Telecaster
Phil Hoover wrote:

Since when did this become "acceptable" behaviour in the Kingdom of God?

It's not acceptable Phil. But it does exist which is why I use my pen name. We'll always be friends even if you think I'm "scuuurreedd" Laughing
Acts Enthusiast
2/11/08 10:27 am

Post eagle1
Only posting over the last year I found this site in a time of hurting and frustration. It was a great joy to be able to talk to others and express my opinion. I had no idea until reading this thread that I could be in trouble for posting with my web link listed revealing who I am.

I have never been told that I am causing harm to my future in the COG. I truly believe that most of the fear for posting here is just that FEAR. Most of what we fear never happens. I have had people tell me that they have read my post but never have I never been approached in a negative way.

I personally think that great things would happen in personal freedoms if people expressed their opinions using or revealing their identity but that is a personal choice.

I don't think any of us will ever know who all reads our post and until now I never thought of it. I have a great relationship with my present AB and think he is a good man. I have not always had that type or level of relationship with leaders.

Maybe it's the fear that men control our destiny that has some afraid and fearful to speak their heart.

My question is Should I be afraid to post here?

www.lifechurchateaston.com
http://rodneymullins.wordpress.com/
www.myspace.com/pastormullins
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
2/11/08 10:47 am

Post Telecaster
Eagle, I have been told verbatim by pastors and AB's that this site is looked down on and they highly discourage pastors from posting on here.

For goodness sakes, Perry Stone even blasted the site the last time I heard him preach!

This brings the question: If these men of God are against this site, is it because of fear or is it wisdom? If indeed its wisdom on their part to advise us to stay away, then I have to seriously consider my role. Certainly they know God and there must be a rationale to their thinking just as their is for all of us.

I do appreciate this whole discussion because it has really opened my eyes to things and I'm beginning to think that maybe it is best if I do step away.
Acts Enthusiast
2/11/08 10:56 am

Post I heard it goes on your sheepdogandy
PERMANENT RECORD! Shocked

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/11/08 11:23 am

Post Re: I heard it goes on your eagle1
sheepdogandy wrote:
PERMANENT RECORD! Shocked

That really helps get rid of fear. Laughing

www.lifechurchateaston.com
http://rodneymullins.wordpress.com/
www.myspace.com/pastormullins
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
2/11/08 11:39 am

Post Wisdom to post on here? Matt Boyd
Telecaster wrote:
Eagle, I have been told verbatim by pastors and AB's that this site is looked down on and they highly discourage pastors from posting on here.

For goodness sakes, Perry Stone even blasted the site the last time I heard him preach!

This brings the question: If these men of God are against this site, is it because of fear or is it wisdom? If indeed its wisdom on their part to advise us to stay away, then I have to seriously consider my role. Certainly they know God and there must be a rationale to their thinking just as their is for all of us.

I do appreciate this whole discussion because it has really opened my eyes to things and I'm beginning to think that maybe it is best if I do step away.

Telecaster,
I have stayed away from posting on this site for 8 yrs. When it was called newsnet & the discussion board was called orchids & onions I posted on here and spoke out in public forums where the GO was presiding and became embroiled in a political controversy in Cleveland. I posted on Doyle’s old board here using a pseudonym and it is what started a wild fire of accusations. Many thought a professor at the Seminary was posting and it inflamed the situation. The side I was on won. But in the end, and after a few years to think about it I think both sides lost. Since then I apologized to those I may have hurt during that controversy and one leader in our denomination that I embarrassed publicly. I am not mentioning the specific controversy because I do not want to revive an old controversy.

So, I felt that I should have never posted on newsnet and it was wisdom for me not to post anymore. Why did I come back 2 months ago after 8+ years? I believe we are at a crossroads in the history of our denomination. Since I have left Cleveland and lived in three mission states. I have visited many of our churches in theses states, become good friends with many of the pastors and seen the crisis first hand.

I have been in contact with Travis Johnson off and on for many years since we ministered together at North Cleveland COG. I have occasionally discussed the crisis with Travis and a few months ago and he asked me if I would post my thoughts on his blog www.missionalcog.com My perspective is unique because I minister outside the gates of the Church of God, a missionary to the military. I could, like most of our military chaplains, focus on my ministry and forget the COG. But God has given me a love for the COG and a passion to see her live and be fruitful.

What is wisdom? To obey the Holy Spirit. For some, God will instruct to never post on this or any other site. For others, God will call them to engage every form of media and public forums to speak His words without fear of reprisal or what is on your permanent record.

As you pray about your participation I encourage you to keep all options open so you can hear the Spirit of God clearly.
Friendly Face
2/11/08 12:00 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic