Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Marty uncovers reason for stagnation in COG growth (L)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post I am a 4th generation COG happytobeback
My father was a shouting, running, dancing preacher. It wasn't just for the fun of it. That was his choice. I love the excitement of the Spirit of God moving in the saints.
I took a Baptist girl I was dating to a Sunday night service, I took her home and never heard from her again.

My life has been as a pastor/evanglist/teacher - and many different men of God have made impressions on me.

It is not our job to attract new people to come to our church. The Spirit-filled saint has that obligation.

What should attract unchurched/sinner/backslider/ members of other churches should be our lives!

The COG members were happy to live a holy life in front of non-Christians.
I remember my sister not enjoy gym in school because the church did not approve of her wearing gym shorts. I had to wear long pants for gym.

I often thought why would anybody put themselves in the GOG!

Paul lays out the bait for the Holy Ghost Filled Christians.

1.Prove the good will of God
2.Prove the acceptable will of God
3.Prove the perfect will of God..

Sound easy, but it takes the transformation of the mind (soul). Having the mind/soul renewed by the Holy Spirit.

My wife was raised as a7th Day- We were transferred to Jackson,MS.

Pastor Ken Hall was the COG- I had left the COG in 1978 and promised my self never to attend another unless my Father was preaching.

Pastor Hall called almost every Saturday night asking us to come and visit. My wife said we will go one time and that would that.

Lo and Behold....she loved the singing and the preaching.

I have learned the Holy Spirit is not going to make anyone do anything that don't want to do.

There is too much speaking in tongues in public.

The purpose of the Spirit's language is for our edifying. Building our own soul up. When you pray in the Spirit, the Spirit is praying for you. How many pastors spend 3-5 hours a day praying in the Spirit.

I know in my life- if I allow the Spirit to pray through me, I have the promise is praying God's purpose for my life.

Allowing the Spirit pray through us will build you up- build bridges- give
powerful sermons that instruct and build your members .
11/11/07 5:17 pm

Post flimflam
eagle1 wrote:
Millions are going to Hell while some try to keep it small and sweet so that the spiritual ones can lead the service. Many people only attend small pentecostal churches because they are spiritually co dependent. They want people to gather around them to get their word for the day. They attempt to show how spiritual they are. It makes it so difficult to invite an unsaved person for fear that someone might try to cast something out of them or put something in them.

There is nothing more powerful in all the world than a move of God. But to many have a move of man and label it a move of God.

It is time that we realize that church is all about God and not us. It is about reaching the lost and having a mission to change a generation and not about getting our pentecostal fix for the week.

It isn't about us, but don't pick on the small churches where many of them have a true move of God. Something that is lacking in many large churches. I don't attend a small church but have visited the small ones often. I found a true move of God. Not anything fake. Not a stage show.
11/13/07 7:57 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic