Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

I am divorcing my wife
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: SB, I like your last post...quite humerous...... roughridercog
caseyleejones wrote:
However, most failed to answer the question...including myself. Trying to work things out was never a question or a major concern, its about keeping credentials.

The toughest part will be finding places to minister. Many churches will not want a divorced and unmarried pastor. While he can evangelize also or serve on staff, this can be an albatross around his neck for a while. He can keep his credentials.
If he gets ready to re-marry, that is a different post altogether.

Quite frankly, dating will be a major concern because if the divorce was not for unfaithfulness, then couldn't he be charged with being unfaithful himself by dating?

Just spitballing here.
8/15/07 6:40 pm

Post This is not a promise, but if you need... John T. Johnson
a decent paying job, are willing to work in nuclear electric generation, are willing to submit to a Federal background check, can pass standard urinalysis testing, can report to work daily in a timely manner, can perform light to moderate physical exertions, there is a good paying job for you.

A variety of job classifications are available in virtually every state in the USA in nuclear.

There are a lot of people who got jobs in nuclear late in their productive years. Doyle Daugherty and Travis Johnson (I am on Travis' staff at Life-Pointe Church) are two Acts-celerate posters who know some of these good COG people. They can verify this post.

Age is not a factor in hiring. People approaching retirement get hired frequently. It is against Federal law to refuse to hire someone in a nuclear facility because of their age. Being a seasoned citizen is often a plus in nuclear. The employer will train you, pay for it and pay you good wages while you are in classes, which can range from one to two weeks long. You and your wife BOTH can work in the same facility and, between the two of you, make considerably more than the two of you made working together in the church, where your family received only one paycheck.

Sound too good to be true. It isn't. There is a shortage of employable workers, skilled and unskilled, with respect to nuclear hiring, because there are so many people who do not pass urinalysis or background checks. This is a perfect example of virtuous behavior enabling a lucrative reward.

Again this not a promise of a job, but, if you have the motivation to try, the chances are good for your good employment with a future.

Anyone may email John_Johnson@fpl.com if interested.
8/15/07 7:01 pm

Post Re: SB, I like your last post...quite humerous...... Memory03
roughridercog wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:
However, most failed to answer the question...including myself. Trying to work things out was never a question or a major concern, its about keeping credentials.

The toughest part will be finding places to minister. Many churches will not want a divorced and unmarried pastor. While he can evangelize also or serve on staff, this can be an albatross around his neck for a while. He can keep his credentials.

Quite frankly, dating will be a major concern because if the divorce was not for unfaithfulness, then couldn't he be charged with being unfaithful himself by dating?

Just spitballing here.

one of the top churches in North Georgia is pastored by a man who's wife left him over ten years ago... his church loved him enough to support him and stick with him... his estranged wife finally divorced him this year... he remarried a few months ago...

Real Men get their haircut in a Barber Shop... The rest go to beauty parlors...
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
8/15/07 7:54 pm

Post Re: SB, I like your last post...quite humerous...... roughridercog
Memory03 wrote:
roughridercog wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:

Just spitballing here.

one of the top churches in North Georgia is pastored by a man who's wife left him over ten years ago... his church loved him enough to support him and stick with him... his estranged wife finally divorced him this year... he remarried a few months ago...

That is the exception in my opinion rather than how the average church will take it. Just my opinion. He must be a great guy for his church to want to keep him and you must have a good AB who's sensitive enough to listen to what the local church desires.
8/16/07 7:28 am

Post PureGold
Ministry is not over after divorce. If it goes that way, restoration will be necessary and obviously already is. Even if you stay together restoration is necessary....something needs to take place in the both of you. There is room for you outside of the COG with or without credentials. If you are called of God that is your credentials.

My question is this... did God put you together? I simply do not believe that every marriage between Christians was put together by God and I do believe that is one reason why we are seeing so much divorce now. What man puts together, man can/will put asunder, as well what God puts together man CAN (is possible) put asunder.

I don't expect these statement to be well received by many. But I am weary of us trying to cover flesh with the phrase "what God has joined together," rather then acknowledge that some of us may have been disobedient in the first place in our marriage and now the fruit of that is showing up.....and our own souls can no longer bear up under the fruit.

I'm not excusing divorce, I hate it too.....but Truth must be at the root/foundation of everything we do.

Disobedience breeds offspring that is forever unpleasant and gives birth in every area of our lives.

I suggest you go back to God's original plan for your life. What is that?
3/4/10 12:23 pm

Post PureGold
I am new here and now sure if this is ok to post....if not please forgive. I thought this might be nice added here.

President Ronald Reagan
Aboard Air Force One

March 4 1983

Dear First Lady

I know tradition has it that on this morning I place cards Happy Anniversary cards on your breakfast tray. But things are somewhat mixed up. I substituted a gift & delivered it a few weeks ago.

Still this is the day, the day that marks 31 years of such happiness as comes to few men. I told you once that it was like an adolescent's dream of what marriage should be like. That hasn't changed.

You know I love the ranch but these last two days made it plain I only love it when you are there. Come to think of it that's true of every place & every time. When you aren't there I'm no place, just lost in time & space.

I more than love you, I'm not whole without you. You are life itself to me. When you are gone I'm waiting for you to return so I can start living again.

Happy Anniversary & thank you for 31 wonderful years.

I love you

Your Grateful Husband

Gentlemen are you this kind of man toward your wife?
3/4/10 1:10 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic