Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Pastors, would you stop an evangelist who is neck cracker
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Pastors, would you stop an evangelist who is neck cracker roughridercog
You know the ones.
They have to make everyone think the power is on them, so when they pray for you they bend your head and neck back until you lose balance and fall down.
It's time that someone points a finger at them and say, "The emperor has no clothes on."

They might get miffed, but someone needs to miff that.
3/14/07 2:24 pm

Post Tim Finlayson
Yes, I stoped it. Yes, they were offended. Yes, my congregation thanked me. Yes, It was very hard and I lost a friend over it. Yes, I would do it again, just sooner. Acts Enthusiast
3/14/07 2:47 pm

Post As long... fire-starter
As long as it's not T. L., I'll stop them. Acts Enthusiast
3/14/07 4:01 pm

Post Bah Pastor Gary
A bunch of charismaniac foolishness... how gullible are people?? Seriously, do you imagine Jesus smacking people forcefully on the forehead, shoving their necks back, screaming at them when he prayed? Not me.

A man with authority doesn't have to scream and yell and be dramatic to exercise that authority.
3/14/07 4:17 pm

Post Re: Bah fire-starter
Pastor Gary wrote:
A bunch of charismaniac foolishness... how gullible are people?? Seriously, do you imagine Jesus smacking people forcefully on the forehead, shoving their necks back, screaming at them when he prayed? Not me.

A man with authority doesn't have to scream and yell and be dramatic to exercise that authority.

I agree, but what about T. L.? Hasn't he been doing this for years? Yet no one ever seems to question him or his motives. What's the deal? Why is there a double standard where 99% of minsters would not allow a "neck-cracking" evangelist; but we admire T. L.'s neck cracking ability.
Acts Enthusiast
3/14/07 4:20 pm

Post Re: Bah Dave Dorsey
Pastor Gary wrote:

This reminds me of a comment one of my favorite preachers made while teaching against staying up all night "in spiritual warfare." He said you either have authority or you don't. That statement has done a lot to set me free: when I resist the devil, he must flee. Me exerting effort and suffering will not give me any more authority than God the Father has already given me in Christ.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/14/07 4:25 pm

Post Re: Bah Pastor Gary
fire-starter wrote:
I agree, but what about T. L.? Hasn't he been doing this for years? Yet no one ever seems to question him or his motives. What's the deal? Why is there a double standard where 99% of minsters would not allow a "neck-cracking" evangelist; but we admire T. L.'s neck cracking ability.

I am not COG. I am aware of who T.L. is (I think) but would not invite him to minister in my church is that is typical of his methods.
3/14/07 4:28 pm

Post KariJay
Okay...I do have to say...there might actually be some guys that just don't know they are being that rough. They get all riled and excited and start praying for people with this charge of energy...it's a wonder no one has never actually had their head knocked off before! Laughing
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
3/14/07 4:37 pm

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post Maybe Pastor Gary
KariJay wrote:
Okay...I do have to say...there might actually be some guys that just don't know they are being that rough. They get all riled and excited and start praying for people with this charge of energy...it's a wonder no one has never actually had their head knocked off before! Laughing

Maybe -- a few. But most know exactly what they are doing. I grew up near a kid who later became a pretty well-known evangelist -- some of you would recognize the name. He bragged once that he could "put anyone down" and demonstrated how to hold the neck, where to push, etc. Put the right pressure on the right point(s) and people crumble to the ground or crash to the ground like a chopped-down tree.

I have been prayed for by some "big names" known for rows of people going down, and I have learned how to position myself so they can't force me over. One of them looked me in the eye and KNEW that I knew what he was up to. He just moved on and left me standing there.
3/14/07 4:45 pm

Post Re: Bah Louis Morgan
Pastor Gary wrote:

And in the words of PLW... "Amen, amen, and amen!" Very Happy
Acts-celerater
3/14/07 4:51 pm

Post Re: Bah Nature Boy Florida
fire-starter wrote:
Pastor Gary wrote:

My grandfather questioned TLs antics a long time ago. However, I like TL and I enjoy being in his services. I just don't let him pray for me.
3/14/07 4:52 pm

Post curly
Hey guys can you imagine being prayed for by Moe? nuck nuck nuck
(that even made me laugh)
Acts Enthusiast
3/14/07 5:52 pm

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post I just weary of the show boating roughridercog
Sometimes a great service is ruined when after a great message has been preached, some possum head tries to shove people down and convince them it's the power of God.

It's not
And the people ain't that dumb.

"The emperor is wearing no clothes."

I won't be pushed down any more.
3/14/07 6:11 pm

Post Do you think most people go down... roughridercog
because they're "expected" to go down?
3/14/07 6:13 pm

Post Re: Do you think most people go down... Pastor Gary
roughridercog wrote:
Do you think most people go down because they're "expected" to go down?

Yes.
3/14/07 6:37 pm

Post So if we know this... roughridercog
and the evangelist know this

and the people know this

Pardon the pun

Why do people keep falling for it?
3/14/07 6:45 pm

Post Re: So if we know this... Pastor Gary
roughridercog wrote:
Why do people keep falling for it?

The dynamics of mob psychology are fascinating. If you set up an expectation, and frame the presentation in ways that make people willingly suspend disbelief, and you add an overlay of religiosity, you can get people to buy into things they would otherwise see right through.

Stage magicians, hynotists and some evangelists are masters of manipulation. The real presence and power of God are not good enough for some people; they need hyped-up, manufactured, over-the-top showboating as a substitute for the real deal.
3/14/07 7:05 pm

Post Memory03
l think l would... why don't you pray for them the same way...

Real Men get their haircut in a Barber Shop... The rest go to beauty parlors...
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/14/07 8:22 pm

Post The last time T L laid hands on me Larry Wiley
We went to one of his services in a motel ballroom. He asked all of the ministers and their spouses to come to the front. He laid hands on me and my wife at the same time.

We both fell to the floor.

Driving home we talked about it and realized we both made the decided before hand not to fall just because others were falling.

We fell and he did not hit us.
3/14/07 9:01 pm

Post Benny Hinn prayed for me Larry Wiley
I went to the stage with a member who was their for prayer. Benny asked who I was. When she told him he said, your church will never be the same.

He prayed for me and I fell to the floor, and when I tried to get up my legs were like rubber. Never experienced this before.

BTW, he was right about my church. I left in about three months.
3/14/07 9:04 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic